Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 14 Mar 2001, 23:30 (Ref:71257)   #1
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what series / championship do you race in ?

Woody
Old 16 Mar 2001, 12:32 (Ref:71662)   #2
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
series / championship

hmm...

does this mean that no one here races in a series or championship ?

Woody
Old 16 Mar 2001, 13:07 (Ref:71673)   #3
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be wierd, seeing as it is a racer's forum.
I am looking to do my first race pretty soon, and with Chris Y's excellent advice, this should be in Fulda Fiats. I checked out their website and it certainly looks good (and cheap, always helpful).
Old 16 Mar 2001, 13:15 (Ref:71675)   #4
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Woodyracing , I think the trouble is that a similar thread has run quite recently , although that doesnt help u much as you've only just joined ! Anyway I race in the Classic Thunder series (part of CSCC). The CSCC has a decent following here I should think there are at least 1/2 dozen racers who regularly contribute , plus of course Chris Y and Rick of Clio fame......and I'm sure there are a fair few others who remain quietly in the shadows.

ps Welcome aboard !
Old 16 Mar 2001, 17:49 (Ref:71727)   #5
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
racing

hi

thanks for the replies.

Yeah the Fulda Fiat Challenge looks a good place to start,
but im thinking about the Stock Hatch Championship now.
Coz i know XR2s pretty well, and i can find Fiesta parts easy enough.

Although, id prefer single seaters but i guess that would be more expensive and more complicated to prepare the cars.

Woody.
Old 16 Mar 2001, 19:59 (Ref:71749)   #6
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, I guess I should step out of the shadows.. I suppose most of you know already (if you don't - where have you been?) that I am about to start racing a Mighty Mini this year. Also - I am considering (99% sure) entering the 750MC Hot Hatch championship as well, although that is going to take a back seat if the meetings clash with any Mini racing.

If you want more info on the cars, or the people behind them (pushing ) pop along to http://www.fullthrottle.co.uk (sorry about the plug)

I seem to have become the PR bloke for the Fulda Fiats! Seriously, it looks a great place to start.. Woody, if you've got a handle on XR2s, you might want to check out the Ford XR challenge, run by the BRSCC. I've seen a few races, and they all seem pretty good to each other. I've a feeling the Stock Hatch guys might be a bit brutal - hope you know a good source of body panels

Anyway - it depends on your budget. Stocks are fairly cheap, XR challengs is likely to be a bit more expensive, but you can do more with the cars. Fulda Fiats seem to be a nice compromise - very cheap, but quite a lot of freedom.

Best thing you can do is go along to some meetings. Definately get yourself to Donington on Sunday 18th to see the Stocky Hatches, and check out Fulda's on the 25th at Donington..
Old 17 Mar 2001, 00:09 (Ref:71801)   #7
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
racing

i saw them Mighty Minis race last year, they are very funny
0-60, 5 seconds !! wow thats fast for a mini - faster than a lot of fast road cars.

Theres a tuning company near me that prepare some of them Mighty Minis, its called Power Zone - anyone ever heard of em ?

i had a look at ya website, good stuff.

yeah Donnington on Sunday sounds good, just have to find someone to go down wiv me.

Woody.
Old 17 Mar 2001, 15:07 (Ref:71930)   #8
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well appears set now that this year my dad is racing in the Improved Production Car State Series, and I will be running the Sports Sedans. Unfortunately for me, seeing as the car is set-up for Improved Production racing I will get gobbled up by the leaders. However we have come second before, but it was pelting with rain. and those little sports sedans can't get any power down in the wet. hahahaha Bring on the rain.

Anyway that is in Australia, in Victoria, for those internationals.

Cameron
Old 18 Mar 2001, 14:39 (Ref:72295)   #9
AlexF
Racer

United Kingdom
Newbury
AlexF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you got mini series confused!!!

Mighty minis are road going based cars, to keep it cheap and simple. Their 0-60 will be around 8-9 seconds.

Mini Miglia - the F1 of mini racing - is much faster 0-60 in about 5 secs and on to 135mph!!!
Old 18 Mar 2001, 16:13 (Ref:72349)   #10
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not usre if it counts..

But, I'm sprinting in the MGCC series this year with my 1500 Midget. Perhaps the cheapest form of motorsport on proper circuits / venues. Goodwood, Silverstone and Castle Come being 3 of the venues.

Mind you, the hassle I've had with the roll bar this afternoon, it could take some time to get it finished!!
Old 19 Mar 2001, 19:50 (Ref:72794)   #11
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quite right about the 0-60 times - they're the Miglias. I was going to get a definite figure for the 0-60 times from the Mighty Minis series coordinators, but I didn't get the chance, so I stuck any old figures in and uploaded the site.. Oops

I think Alex is about right with the 8-9 secs. Sparky suggests that a standard 1.3i should do it in about 11 secs. With a few performance mods that should drop to the 10s or maybe late 9s. With the different final drive ratios, lower still..

I'll post some proper figures when I get the chance, if anyone really cares

Last edited by Chris Y; 19 Mar 2001 at 19:51.
Old 20 Mar 2001, 03:09 (Ref:72943)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nip along to www.mallettracing.co.uk for my racing exploits. There'salso the CSCC GB site for historic touring car racing in the UK. If you like the European series check out www.touring-cars.com run by my fellow historic "mod" Florian.
Old 20 Mar 2001, 09:25 (Ref:72970)   #13
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ChrisY , a little question for you how , any idea how the Mini Miglias might compare speedwise with the three in Classic Thunder that I was up against on Saturday , they are the old pre 1970 Group 5 cars I believe - Cooper S's running 1480 cc - because they all beat me eventually - of course it was very wet and a smallish circuit - give me a couple of miles+ of dry tarmac and I'd show 'em !! Do you think that they would outdo the Miglia's by much ? Mini's at 135 mph - at this rate I'm gonna have to get a Supercharger !
Old 20 Mar 2001, 11:00 (Ref:72984)   #14
massifheed
Racer

Peter, with a URL like www.mallettracing.co.uk I was wondering exactly what I would find there. I mean, how do you race mallets? Could be an interesting championship tho.
Old 20 Mar 2001, 12:51 (Ref:73001)   #15
AlexF
Racer

United Kingdom
Newbury
AlexF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slowcoach,

Mini miglia the enigne are limited to 1275cc so with 1480 theres more power!!!! However, being brick like, even if only a small brick, mini aerodynamics limit the top speed somewhat!!!!

They will be faster off the line though!!!

Can you have a supercharger??????
Old 20 Mar 2001, 13:19 (Ref:73011)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by massifheed
Peter, with a URL like www.mallettracing.co.uk I was wondering exactly what I would find there. I mean, how do you race mallets? Could be an interesting championship tho.
Oh dear.
Old 20 Mar 2001, 13:29 (Ref:73015)   #17
massifheed
Racer

Is that a good Oh dear, or a bad Oh dear? Can't you see the potential?
Old 20 Mar 2001, 13:32 (Ref:73017)   #18
massifheed
Racer

"THE B&Q 500, MALLET RACIN' THE WAY IT OUGHT'A BE"
Old 21 Mar 2001, 03:05 (Ref:73211)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 22 Mar 2001, 12:37 (Ref:73567)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I race a Datsun 1600 (Nissan 510) in Historic Touring Cars (Classic Saloons) in Australia. Very affordable and heaps of fun.
Old 22 Mar 2001, 13:33 (Ref:73577)   #21
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the CSCC crew.
1982 Group 1 Mazda RX7
12A 940kg @200bhp @rear wheels.
Dodgy rear suspension geometry and even worse grey matter make for an interesting combination

Not doing much this year...Just put an offer in for a house in London....small 3rd world debt....I feel ill..

:-)
IanC
Old 22 Mar 2001, 16:25 (Ref:73605)   #22
Rob Buhl
Rookie

Rob Buhl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The "other" series
Old 22 Mar 2001, 19:54 (Ref:73670)   #23
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another of the CSCC crew!

Triumph Dolomite Sprint, 1998cc, Post Historic Touring Cars, Group 1 mods, Dunlop D84J control tyres etc etc

194bhp at the rear wheels last time we checked. Hoping for a tad more with new engine due prior to Thruxton on 16th April.

Bags of fun when you get them sorted

Chris G
Attached Images

Old 23 Mar 2001, 10:30 (Ref:73855)   #24
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And another of the CSCC crew, running a Golf GTi in Group One Touring Cars (and occasionally Classic Thunder). Car has been rebuilt over the winter to Class D spec with new engine. gearbox, diff, suspension. 146 BHP at the flywheel.
Attached Thumbnails
paddock_tiny.jpg  
Old 23 Mar 2001, 11:03 (Ref:73857)   #25
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Argh! They're taking over again..

Welcome Chris G - good to see another Classic Saloonatic here on the forums