Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Nov 2020, 16:22 (Ref:4017721)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thruxton Historic 12/13 June 2021

MRL, HRDC, GTSCC et al
Old 21 Apr 2021, 11:03 (Ref:4047058)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One for JR, there is now a pre war race see details here: https://www.motorracinglegends.com/e...uxtonhistoric/
Old 21 Apr 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4047064)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming that comment was made in my direction, yes I'll be there overlooking the complex as usual
Old 21 Apr 2021, 11:35 (Ref:4047066)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Oops, two JR's but hope you enjoy the event.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4047368)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Peter
Thruxton was bumpy for the Alta so we have entered a couple of Talbots.
Got to make it interesting for Patch ( PBE) in his latest Nash as assume with all the transport difficulties Rudy will not be able to attend with the go faster Alvis.
On reflection he may be a middle age elite sportsman! !.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4047643)   #6
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tickets purchased, accommodation booked, fingers crossed !
Photos will follow ...
Old 24 Apr 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4047647)   #7
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Tickets purchased, accommodation booked, fingers crossed !
Photos will follow ...

I look forward to seeing the photos of your accommodation in due course.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 22:09 (Ref:4055360)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There's a few entries up on MRL site.

Good grid for HTCC although very low number of BMW's, Sierras a and older Ford models.

The sportscar events look well subscribed too!
Old 9 Jun 2021, 07:01 (Ref:4055382)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm entered in the HRDC All Stars race on Sunday. Look forward to seeing a few peeps.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 08:16 (Ref:4055388)   #10
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I assume that despite the tickets saying 'inc paddock' there is still a block on us great unwashed from mixing with the competitors?
Old 9 Jun 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4055391)   #11
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I assume that despite the tickets saying 'inc paddock' there is still a block on us great unwashed from mixing with the competitors?
I asked when buying an extra ticket. They indicated that hope is that we will - perhaps the plan is to keep full attendance under 4,000 ?

I'm there both days to record Peter (and any other tenthers) efforts.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4055434)   #12
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry lists now on BARC website. Generally very full but a couple look a bit thin. By recent standards anyway. Lots of interesting cars and drivers in every race though. Should be best Thruxton yet. If paddock is open (which I very much doubt) it will be perfect. And only 30 minutes drive away
Old 9 Jun 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4055436)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
There's a few entries up on MRL site.

Good grid for HTCC although very low number of BMW's, Sierras a and older Ford models.

The sportscar events look well subscribed too!
Full entry list here from BARC just arrived in my inbox! A few familiar names there so good luck and a safe and happy weekend to all.
(Weather warnings of floods and 130kph winds here in sunny Aus!)

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...09-06-2021.pdf
Old 10 Jun 2021, 06:12 (Ref:4055479)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Excellent stuff, looking forward to Sunday. Good job I got grandstand tickets as it's forecast to be hot all day.

Added bomus of missing the football!
Old 10 Jun 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4055553)   #15
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Full entry list here from BARC just arrived in my inbox! A few familiar names there so good luck and a safe and happy weekend to all.
(Weather warnings of floods and 130kph winds here in sunny Aus!)

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...09-06-2021.pdf

Not in this list, but on the MRL website, the Whale's car No.66 is stated to be yellow & green, so I assume this is Mike's car that they bought when auctioned off.

Hope so, as it would be great to know that Lairy is again being used in anger !!

Maybe some one who is at the meeting can confirm ??

MartinH
Old 10 Jun 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4055557)   #16
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post
Not in this list, but on the MRL website, the Whale's car No.66 is stated to be yellow & green, so I assume this is Mike's car that they bought when auctioned off.

Hope so, as it would be great to know that Lairy is again being used in anger !!

Maybe some one who is at the meeting can confirm ??

MartinH
It is indeed Mikes car. It has been fully rebuilt by the JRT Team run by Mike and Andrew Jordan. Its progress is on Andrews Instagram.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:52 (Ref:4055598)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It is the Lairy Canary.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4055626)   #18
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there on Sunday, might even bring a camera
Old 10 Jun 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4055630)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Seems I’m there on Sunday to see Pre War Sports Car Race
Nash first with Alta, Talbot and Ulster fighting over other positions.
No special Alvis and other specials.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 21:11 (Ref:4055631)   #20
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
It is indeed Mikes car. It has been fully rebuilt by the JRT Team run by Mike and Andrew Jordan. Its progress is on Andrews Instagram.
quite what they found to 'rebuild' I cannot imagine. It always looked 100% and just required recommissioning from 3 or 4 years of rest.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:12 (Ref:4055664)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Team Delta will be in garage 10,11,and 12, Please come and say hello if you can. I had my first race at Thruxton 46 years ago. I'm just as excited now as i was back then. Happy days.,
Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4055666)   #22
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Team Delta will be in garage 10,11,and 12, Please come and say hello if you can. I had my first race at Thruxton 46 years ago. I'm just as excited now as i was back then. Happy days.,
Saw you were on the entry list. If we can, we will come and say hello.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:25 (Ref:4055668)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Disappointing not to have the 79B there but still looking forward to driving the Penfold. HRTR5 will be out in his MK5 Elva Sunday as well.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:31 (Ref:4055671)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
See you there Iain, Noticed a number of Deltas out in your race.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4055708)   #25
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Seems I’m there on Sunday to see Pre War Sports Car Race
Nash first with Alta, Talbot and Ulster fighting over other positions.
No special Alvis and other specials.
Don't be so rash John.....Nash is quickish but Gareth and Alta are no slouch. Should be a good race!