Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3949152)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
SPA 6hrs - Cancelled new 2021 Date to be announced.

The toughest annual endurance race for Pre '66 cars. Normally over 100 starters, plus support races for several high profile UK grids. A must for many competitors, spectators and classic car fans....
Old 20 Aug 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3996632)   #2
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news??

Just bumping this back onto the 1st page & to see if anyone has any firm news about this great event ?

Official website has nothing really new.

I got MRL newsletter indicating possible cancelling of their participation, as mostly Brits that would have to isollate for 14 days on return to UK.

Also stories that Masters & others are asking UK Gov for special conditions for returning UK participants.

Spectators yes/no, limited numbers, so nothing clear there yet.

At the moment, anyone staying in Belgium for more that 48Hrs have to fill out an online form on Belg gov website.

Again, strange times we are living in at the moment !!

MartinH
Old 20 Aug 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3996651)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I hope to see you there Martin. I sure am missing Spa.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3996658)   #4
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I hope to see you there Martin. I sure am missing Spa.

Iain, hi there, I thought you had typed, 'sure missing Ya'

I miss you too !! & will miss Mike even more.

Just got confirmation that MRL UK competitors also will get the exemption, as long as thay do a test on return to the UK within 48 hours.
MartinH
Old 20 Aug 2020, 16:49 (Ref:3996721)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you then have to self isolate at home for the x days waiting time for the result to come through. You do here in Melbourne, and the Police have the power to knock on your door to ensure you are at home self isolating.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3996726)   #6
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post
Iain, hi there, I thought you had typed, 'sure missing Ya'

I miss you too !! & will miss Mike even more.

Just got confirmation that MRL UK competitors also will get the exemption, as long as thay do a test on return to the UK within 48 hours.
MartinH
from info on another thread, exemption will cover drivers, preparers and support crew. MRL are co-ordinating but it also applies to Masters and HGPCA
Old 25 Aug 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3997797)   #7
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA have just cancelled all remaining Historic race Championships for this year- Masters F1 and Sports Car.
Old 25 Aug 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3997826)   #8
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hall View Post
FIA have just cancelled all remaining Historic race Championships for this year- Masters F1 and Sports Car.
As the 6hr event is not a full FIA event, l assume, at the moment the non FIA races, incl the 6hr itself will still happen, but l saw yesterday that on the official 6hr website it now says "behind closed doors" so already no one will be able to attend as a spectator.

Very uncertain times & given the current rules in Belgium, it is still quite possible that the whole event may yet be cancelled.

MartinH
Old 27 Aug 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3998318)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just received an update and the 6hrs is still going ahead but behind closed doors.
Old 28 Aug 2020, 06:31 (Ref:3998439)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Final confirmation on 5/9 ?
It’s a very difficult decision for most people .
I have a car that’s due to race along with a couple of others for the gang but being old and decrepit I will not be travelling with them.
Pity as it’s the best annual event of the year.
Never understood the lack of spectators as it’s a brilliant weekend.
Old 28 Aug 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3998451)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Final confirmation on 5/9 ?
It’s a very difficult decision for most people .
I have a car that’s due to race along with a couple of others for the gang but being old and decrepit I will not be travelling with them.
Pity as it’s the best annual event of the year.
Never understood the lack of spectators as it’s a brilliant weekend.
Me neither, its by far the best event as a spectator.

I made a call last month based on several factors ( major house renovations/extension being the primary one) and have settled for a simple 'home' event to blow the dust off my romper suit next month.

Mrs Zef works for BUPA so is closer to the coal face than many, and has been understandably cautious this year. . . Hopefully next year we can all get out and enjoy ourselves a bit more!
Old 28 Aug 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3998502)   #12
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Me neither, its by far the best event as a spectator.

I made a call last month based on several factors ( major house renovations/extension being the primary one) and have settled for a simple 'home' event to blow the dust off my romper suit next month.

Mrs Zef works for BUPA so is closer to the coal face than many, and has been understandably cautious this year. . . Hopefully next year we can all get out and enjoy ourselves a bit more!
Well. If the event runs, and I think it will, I hope to be there reporting. Any quarantine happily served. I will sleep in the car, take plenty of sustenance and enough fuel to avoid stopping.
Old 28 Aug 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3998505)   #13
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We probably need a hardy signal team for six hours as our normal gang led by Jez are not travelling.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 07:19 (Ref:3998597)   #14
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The HSCC has now cancelled its two races scheduled for the Spa 6H meeting.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3998888)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I dunno about British series but from the official website the meeting is confirmed. No spectators any time, no passenger or instructor during free practice but no sign of cancellation. http://www.spasixhours.com
Free practice will be mandatory or not but each session is € 200.

As to travel in Belgium, new rules TBA from 1st Sept. https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/faq/ Other infos available in Flamish ATM…
I'm sure Martin can help here.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3998922)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Similar to the UK but returning to the UK usually means a 14 day quarantine and not many can afford to miss another 2 weeks work. It's this last part that probably decided the HSCC action. Talking to drivers in MRL they are hopefull that the MSUK advice given in the e mails will stand but it does seem as JR alludes, to make old farts racing something different from the norm.

We shall see.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 15:41 (Ref:3998989)   #17
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I dunno about British series but from the official website the meeting is confirmed. No spectators any time, no passenger or instructor during free practice but no sign of cancellation. http://www.spasixhours.com
Free practice will be mandatory or not but each session is € 200.

As to travel in Belgium, new rules TBA from 1st Sept. https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/faq/ Other infos available in Flamish ATM…
I'm sure Martin can help here.
Gerard, my Flemmish is even worse than my Luxembourgish !!
Let's see what Sept 1st brings, but as the circuit is in Wallone territory, the rules may well be different to the Flemmish area ! As you prob know, Belgium is a complicated country, without even talking about the 'Ost kanton' area that is always seeking to become part of Germany !!!
My purely personal feeling is that they did not want to announce anything until after the Belgian GP weekend was over & done, as this w/e = big money for the region, even without spectators.
Now this is out of the way, they will reconsider the overall situation & decide what to do, which could be anything !
If more of the Brit organised series decide to cancel due to drivers withdrawing over quarantining issues, then the whole meeting may become non-viable to the organisers & they then may decide to call off the whole event ; let's hope that does not become the case !!

MartinH
Old 30 Aug 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3998991)   #18
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

There is possibly more to than the initial MSA agreed circular.
Suggest it will work out by end of week but don’t get to excited.
Lots of hoops to go through extra to that indicated in original circular
Let’s see, it may go back to original guidance but am not holding my breath!
French situation not helping
Old 30 Aug 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3998994)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
There is possibly more to than the initial MSA agreed circular.
Suggest it will work out by end of week but don’t get to excited.
Lots of hoops to go through extra to that indicated in original circular
Let’s see, it may go back to original guidance but am not holding my breath!
French situation not helping
Indeed.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3998997)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post
Gerard, my Flemmish is even worse than my Luxembourgish !!
Martin I remember talking about this moons ago with you, my Flemmish should be acceptable because my grand parents, mother's side, were migrante farmers from "this" side of Belgium!
Unfortunately, its not!
I did not understand the flagged areas thingy, green and other colors.

Have the same feelings about 6 Hours as you and John R and yes, the french situation won't help as on usual. We are fighting against a new lock down but with almost 6000 entries per day the hospitals will be busy again.

Lets wait till Tuesday next.
Peter, are we sure the quarantine will be maintained for UK competitors?
Old 30 Aug 2020, 16:15 (Ref:3999000)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Lets wait till Tuesday next.
Peter, are we sure the quarantine will be maintained for UK competitors?
Well the advice from MSUK appeared to contradict the 14 day rules.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 16:30 (Ref:3999004)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It will be resolved this week but our lot want to go as we may lose some of the GT 40 fleet!
Be easier to get in Pizza place!
Old 30 Aug 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3999024)   #23
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Quote:
..... But only in groups of max 6 people.....that's already been the rule, since a few days ago in walonie.

MartinH
Old 1 Sep 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3999392)   #24
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Assuming it happens, assuming no quarantine, I may drop the hint to Mrs Zef that JR NEEDS my help.

I can't guarantee the reaction will be favourable however But if you don't ask . . .
Old 1 Sep 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3999398)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It will be resolved this week but our lot want to go as we may lose some of the GT 40 fleet!
Now that is a positive. JR.