Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Nov 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4083414)   #1751
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Lowdrag Montlhéry for the first?
Old 14 Nov 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4083451)   #1752
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Do you mean you cannot see them at all, or can't expand them? If the latter I don't think you need to. I have two correct answers so far.

Get your magnifying glass out Sherlock.

Post 1747 on my screen has a small empty box with 'attached image' in blue writing at top right. Clicking on the blue writing does not open the images.

Same on your later post 1750.

This has not happened before except a few days ago only 3 instead of 6 images appeared.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4083453)   #1753
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On your post 1746 only 4 images appear ending with two people in the undergrowth with binoculars.

Below those pictures is the box with the same blue letters.

All your other posts say 'attached thumbnails' above the pictures.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 19:25 (Ref:4083461)   #1754
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Lowdrag Montlhéry for the first?
Its not the actual Montlhéry car.... that particular one had built in driving lights by the grille. But ....
Old 14 Nov 2021, 20:18 (Ref:4083476)   #1755
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The cowboy in 1746 is James Dean.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 07:35 (Ref:4083531)   #1756
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Its not the actual Montlhéry car....
I remember your knowledge in general and about this particular car. Tu m'accorderas que la description faite peut conduire a une erreur…
Old 15 Nov 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4083599)   #1757
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Its not the actual Montlhéry car.... that particular one had built in driving lights by the grille. But ....
It also had sliding windows in the door.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4083653)   #1758
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
The cowboy in 1746 is James Dean.
You, Little B@st@rd………
Old 16 Nov 2021, 00:12 (Ref:4083696)   #1759
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those who haven't a clue, or have given up, or just don't care;
Attached Thumbnails
1711.JPG   IMG_2098.jpg  
Old 16 Nov 2021, 00:15 (Ref:4083697)   #1760
bauble
Veteran

England
Here is one for the clever ones; I rate it very difficult, can you prove me wrong?
RBS will know;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9087 (3).jpg   IMG_9087 (7).jpg   IMG_9087 (4).jpg  

Attached Images

Old 16 Nov 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4083751)   #1761
bauble
Veteran

England
Three correct answers so far, GCC was first home. EB and RBS also got there eventually.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4083793)   #1762
bauble
Veteran

England
Try this one.
Attached Thumbnails
101 (3).JPG   101 (4).JPG  
Attached Images

Old 16 Nov 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4083820)   #1763
bauble
Veteran

England
Tim and RbS have come up with an answer, they could be right because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS. I will assume they are right.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4083823)   #1764
bauble
Veteran

England
How about something simple

Two different cars.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6338 (2).JPG   IMG_6479.jpg  
Old 17 Nov 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4083940)   #1765
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tim and RbS have come up with an answer, they could be right because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS. I will assume they are right.
Bob

Looking again at the picture it may not be the driver I thought because their helmet is usually black and patterned. May be a family member, though!
Old 17 Nov 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4083943)   #1766
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barry View Post
Bob

Looking again at the picture it may not be the driver I thought because their helmet is usually black and patterned. May be a family member, though!
I think it is Frank as I do not recall Judy driving the car, I have seen both Frank and Judy drive in both all Black & all White helmets, as you say Michael has a black red & white helmet
Old 17 Nov 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4083945)   #1767
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I think it is Frank as I do not recall Judy driving the car, I have seen both Frank and Judy drive in both all Black & all White helmets, as you say Michael has a black red & white helmet
Think I agree as Judy would usually have been in the T332 or he Eagle.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4083947)   #1768
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Judy has driven it.... wearing an all white helmet, Croft Historics 2010. I have seen a pic. 'ORC' reckons she drove it in "UK historic races in 2010". Just sayin.....
Old 17 Nov 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4083956)   #1769
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the HSCC Results Archive, a seventeen year old Michael Lyons drove the number 64 Lola T400 in the Derek Bell Trophy race at the Silverstone HSCC championship finals meeting in 2008, taking pole, fastest lap and the win. Given his tender years then, is it not likely he would have been wearing a white helmet then ? Incidentally, dad Frank was racing the T332 and mum Judy was driving the Eagle in that race.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4084019)   #1770
bauble
Veteran

England
This might help.

The name on the side says Unser Lyons.
Attached Thumbnails
101.JPG  
Old 17 Nov 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4084020)   #1771
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Quote:
This might help.

The name on the side says Unser Lyons.
Ha, bloody HA!
Old 17 Nov 2021, 14:49 (Ref:4084021)   #1772
bauble
Veteran

England
A slight variation, before I find something tricky to post next. Identify five cars and find a sixth marque.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4781 (2).JPG   IMG_4794 (2).JPG   Revival Friday 001 (243).jpg  

Revival Friday 001 (256).jpg  
Attached Images

Old 17 Nov 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4084135)   #1773
bauble
Veteran

England
Answer to 1760';E Type ERA.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9087.jpg  
Old 18 Nov 2021, 22:56 (Ref:4084275)   #1774
bauble
Veteran

England
Simple Question. What is it?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2047.jpg  
Old 19 Nov 2021, 00:23 (Ref:4084290)   #1775
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Simple Question. What is it?
Well its a red car. Simple answer.