Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Feb 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4036458)   #76
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
are all the cars smaller/more compact packaging this year?
I think it was a joke based on the pictures...
Old 23 Feb 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4036460)   #77
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I think it was a joke based on the pictures...
haha
Old 24 Feb 2021, 03:47 (Ref:4036546)   #78
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
The new RB16B

Blink and you will miss it/squint and you might see it changes from 2020.
No teasing "dazzleship" livery for RB this test? Or maybe this the pre season paint.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 07:21 (Ref:4036556)   #79
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
No teasing "dazzleship" livery for RB this test? Or maybe this the pre season paint.

Old 24 Feb 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4036562)   #80
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
You’d almost think this is the 2020 version with the Telmex brands added - and that the real updates will be seen at testing...
Old 24 Feb 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4036597)   #81
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely a new cape under the nose and narrower-looking nose, as well as new sidepods on the Red Bull.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 03:03 (Ref:4036855)   #82
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Its like them "spot the difference puzzles I did as a kid.

The word Honda on the rear engine cover was on a "tuck in" now it seems to have a bulge out there.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 03:19 (Ref:4036856)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Its like them "spot the difference puzzles I did as a kid.

The word Honda on the rear engine cover was on a "tuck in" now it seems to have a bulge out there.
That part looks bulkier than last year, but the lower coke bottle looks thinner. Perhaps some tweaks to the packaging. ? So difficult to really tell.

The detail at the edge of the floor has gone as per the regs.

Different centre rear wing mount.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4036949)   #84
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

already seeing the first updates/differences from the launch version. new nose for the AT. wonder if RB has a similar solution on the way?

the Alfa changed theirs as well. much more aesthetically pleasing now imo.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4037891)   #85
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
So here we go. Mercedes - but without this years new floor, so apart from the paint scheme (which is all I look at anyway) we don't yet know exactly what this years Merc will look like

Looks pretty to me.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4037970)   #86
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Not quite Ligier, but moving slightly in that direction.

So we will have a red Italian car, a dark green British car, and a blue French car. Old school colours in this modern era where nationalities are less clear cut.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4037971)   #87
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
So here we go. Mercedes - but without this years new floor, so apart from the paint scheme (which is all I look at anyway) we don't yet know exactly what this years Merc will look like

Looks pretty to me.
like that they retained the black but whats up with all the AMG on the back?

Bottas' helmet looking nice!
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4037975)   #88
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:

So we will have a red Italian car, a dark green British car, and a blue French car. Old school colours in this modern era where nationalities are less clear cut.
that really looks excellent under those lights!
Old 2 Mar 2021, 18:06 (Ref:4038021)   #89
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alpine is the best looking car so far, by a margin.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 01:32 (Ref:4038122)   #90
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Some good liveries so far this year
I notice the Mercs are now plastered AMG instead of the tristar
Does that mean they are officially AMG now and not mercedes, like the renault/alpine swap?
Old 3 Mar 2021, 02:55 (Ref:4038124)   #91
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I love it.
But it does look like a can of Pepsi.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 06:12 (Ref:4038133)   #92
peebee2
Veteran

Looks like Mapfre has been tempted back to pay Alonso’s wages and doubtless Castrol’s some first pour deal but, apart from that, little sponsorship and massive space allocated to Alpine, an incredibly minor brand that I expect to stay that way. I find this whole rebrand very worrying for the future of F1 as we know it.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4038359)   #93
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Niice green - although a splash of yellow would not have been amiss:-

Old 3 Mar 2021, 16:55 (Ref:4038365)   #94
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Niice green - although a splash of yellow would not have been amiss:-

If they had substituted the pink for yellow, that would look great. I presume the pink is the link with BWT, who were Racing Point's main partner/sponsor last year?
Old 3 Mar 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4038389)   #95
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I love it.
But it does look like a can of Pepsi.
thats all i can see now!

thanks!
Old 4 Mar 2021, 00:36 (Ref:4038481)   #96
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope the Alpine has that metallic almost "electric" effect in natural light. It would be such a shame if it didn't.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 03:30 (Ref:4038500)   #97
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia

So Aston Martin is now in British Racing Green

The license goes back at least as far as Jordan (Irish), force India (indian) and now its decided to be British.

We truly are a multinational formula.

AS an irish man I guess i could support its Irish heritage or i could be stereotypical and hate the brit team.... My life is sooooo complicated!
Old 4 Mar 2021, 03:32 (Ref:4038501)   #98
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I hope the Alpine has that metallic almost "electric" effect in natural light. It would be such a shame if it didn't.
Alpine could get pepsi money and Ferrari could get cocacola - only a sticker needed.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 05:26 (Ref:4038505)   #99
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And not to mention Aston Martin colours now aren't dissimilar to Jordan's very first colour scheme.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4038521)   #100
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
And not to mention Aston Martin colours now aren't dissimilar to Jordan's very first colour scheme.
Clover green and blue???