Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Feb 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3205785)   #101
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
sold an axle and wheels and tyres to get one car to the test?
Gotta love their forward planning, its had twin axles for 2 years
Old 16 Feb 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3205786)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Erebus Trio...

The transporter... one half of a matching set...

Stunning cars... you cant help but think that the requirement to conform to Project CotF has meant that these cars are actually now closer in dimensions to a C class than you might think...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Feb 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3205787)   #103
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
GTR, do you know why the DJR trailer is the only one with a dual axle B, every other team has tri axle.
It is an older trailer.. maybe the oldest in the paddock, likely built for a time when maximum weights werent as high as they are now

It could have done with a wash though... I thought they had a sponsorship deal with Spitwater..
Old 16 Feb 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3205794)   #104
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is an older trailer.. maybe the oldest in the paddock, likely built for a time when maximum weights werent as high as they are now

It could have done with a wash though... I thought they had a sponsorship deal with Spitwater..
Does that mean they're carrying less than other teams? Or are the weights of all the tools/spares etc well under the max loads normal freight trucks carry?
Old 16 Feb 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3205795)   #105
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Rear Wing Comparison...

On the BJR Commodore VF...

On the Erebus Benz...

Maybe its an illusion because the wing endplates are much smaller than the Holden?
Old 16 Feb 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3205814)   #106
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
On the BJR Commodore VF...

Maybe its an illusion because the wing endplates are much smaller than the Holden?
Maybe the Mercedes had too much downforce and had to trim back part of the lower end plates"?
Old 16 Feb 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3205818)   #107
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The AMGs get a Gurney flap on the bootlid, though.

That B-trailer of DJRs dates back to the mid-90s, from memory.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3205819)   #108
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a bit depressed until I read on the Ford Performance Racing twitter that they claimed they were the third and fourth fastest hard tyre runners with Reynolds and Winterbottom.

I presume Lowndes and Whincup were first and second?
Old 16 Feb 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3205823)   #109
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
I was a bit depressed until I read on the Ford Performance Racing twitter that they claimed they were the third and fourth fastest hard tyre runners with Reynolds and Winterbottom.

I presume Lowndes and Whincup were first and second?
Seems a bit strange.........I would have thought it mandatory that all would be on the same tyres.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3205851)   #110
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll go against the grain here, but I really like the FPR cars out on track, to me they stand out and look good, whereas the Red Bull things were a bit underwhelming, sure they look neat and tidy but approaching you they don't really make me look like the 5 and 6.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3205867)   #111
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
Is it just me, or the the Nissans and Mercs look "dated"?
IMO the Holden and especially the Ford look outdated compared to the Nissan and Mercedes.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3205973)   #112
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
IMO the Holden and especially the Ford look outdated compared to the Nissan and Mercedes.
Is that because we are used to them though.
I would have thought that because the Nissan and the MErc are new to the series . it naturally follows they are fresh
Old 16 Feb 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3205982)   #113
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
WP

HRT..

Looks very mean from these angles...

The Enforcer...

Looks better back in the colours of the stores...
Old 16 Feb 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3205984)   #114
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dark Horse Altima?
Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3205985)   #115
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nissan Know How...

Transporters...

Not sure why Nismo had a hospitality transporter there... it looked unused for most of the day anyway... but back just a few short years ago, WP tried to have a transporter allocated just to its spare parts cache, being a supplier to at least 6 cars at that point, and was refused by the powers that be...

Jack Daniels..

Norton..

That yellow looked slightly brighter in person, but I am betting it will show up as dull on the teev... difficult to get close to them yesterday, on the grid especially, every man and his dog was taking happy snaps, or looking inside...
Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3205986)   #116
Stand21
Rookie

Stand21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A day later & the Irwin Merc is still the eye catching winner to me. Im not sold on the HRT scheme, its too unbalanced. Plain red & white thru the roof/bonnet, then black, gold & white along the sides.

888's standard issue RB scheme wont show up well on the teev, especially from the front as theres no contrast with its horrible red block lettering on dark blue, desperately needs some light blue 'water mark' graphics or even the F1 striping will do.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3205987)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
LDM...

Transporter

The FFF red prime mover, the PMM silver a-trailer and the LDM B-trailer... an interesting combination

They look very different in white..

Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3205988)   #118
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
TDR..

Another virgin white baby

Interestingly, Holden also had a 2013 VF Commodore road car in the paddock, for display. A gold one. For some reason it was hidden in a tent in the merchandise area, If you didnt know it was there, you wouldnt have seen it.. but there was a mega crowd around if (hence no meaningful pics)

I wonder why Holden wasnt allowed to show off its new pre-production model to the general public? This must have been one of the first times that model has been seen in public...

Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3205993)   #119
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tekno..

And he wonders why some at SBR weren't sad to see the back of him... oops..

Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3205998)   #120
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I'll go against the grain here, but I really like the FPR cars out on track, to me they stand out and look good, whereas the Red Bull things were a bit underwhelming, sure they look neat and tidy but approaching you they don't really make me look like the 5 and 6.
I think all the photos I've seen show or FPR cars with unpainted wheels. I think that takes away some of the objections people had to the original paint scheme, both Pepsi Max and The Bottle-O.

Hopefully FPR stick with unpainted wheels all year. It would certainly be logistically easier for them as well.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3206001)   #121
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
BJR..

Amazed they got this one going.. it was sitting in the pit garage for some time, bonnet up, a flurry of activity around it... good job

Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3206003)   #122
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I wonder why Holden wasnt allowed to show off its new pre-production model to the general public? This must have been one of the first times that model has been seen in public...

How do you know they weren't allowed to? May have been their choice. As Holden don't have a direct relationship with V8SC, more likely to have been the latter. Either way a strange call unless they were using it as a drawcard for their merch area.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3206004)   #123
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Fans Flock to the V8 Revolution
Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3206005)   #124
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
How do you know they weren't allowed to? May have been their choice. As Holden don't have a direct relationship with V8SC, more likely to have been the latter. Either way a strange call unless they were using it as a drawcard for their merch area.
The merchandise area consisted of the GRM merchandise trailer, and a bunch of tents flogging off last year's Team Vodafone, Jim Beam Racing and other merchandise. There was a small Nismo tent right next door, selling 2013 merchandise, but you wouldnt have known they were there.

The sales area was in the space usually taken up by the dummy grid, near the old Subaru grandstand building. Out of the way and certainly not filled with 2013 product.

So it was strange to see a 2013 product, in a brand new VF, in amongst the recycled stuff...
Old 16 Feb 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3206017)   #125
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just can't believe how good nearly all the cars look, the COTF is certainly more aggressive and edgy than the previous car, bit more race-car like, and the new manufacturers and sponsors are just adding some sizzle to this season.

Cannot wait to sit down and watch Clipsal, I just hope all the makers are in with a shout!

The times so far seem to say that Holden and Nissan are fairly quick with Ford a little behind and Benz a little way off. But very early days.