Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Dec 2020, 19:07 (Ref:4024424)   #826
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Has anyone else read ATS Facebook post and seen the bit thanking Warren and bmr engineering. So is there now a tie up between those to teams
Warren Scott is Áróns manager.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 19:19 (Ref:4024428)   #827
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
In 2020 Team Hard barely had the resources to run 4 cars, let alone make them competitive so how would they cope with running 5 cars. It isn't going to happen. Team Hard would be better off running just the 3 Cupra Leons competitively.
Definitely 4 now. Not announced but there is evidence on t'internet web.

Mike Bushy plus Nic H are possibles for seat no. 4.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4024430)   #828
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see ATS back, he's always been a decent peddler. Having a brand new car, and such a trio HARD seems poised for some leap up the order and I wish them luck. For me, such a team would be great, no need for a fourth, let alone fifth car, especially as there are no prospects for good drivers in it (unless it is Mike Bushell).
Old 21 Dec 2020, 20:38 (Ref:4024442)   #829
annasto
Rookie

annasto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bushell posted this back in October
"I have a new opportunity for 2021 that can see me not only drive but also have a deep technical involvement. It will be great getting the ball rolling early and building new partnerships ready to attack 2021 "

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGW1aCnB..._web_copy_link
Old 21 Dec 2020, 22:33 (Ref:4024460)   #830
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My theory HARD are betting on hospitality NOT being able to run in 2021 so going with drivers with a full season budget in place instead of rentadriver types from the past few seasons relying on topping the budget up with selling VIP packages. Cupra #4 might torpedo that theory yet.

I would guess Gow may have directed to teams that the chopping/changing lineups from this year won't be as welcome next year now the world knows slightly better the economic landscape in future. Where that would leave PMR is anybodies guess.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 07:56 (Ref:4024514)   #831
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
My PMR guess is that JP has been busy tapping up his long contact list to dig up some dollars that don't demand the social niceties trackside; if he hasn't then I honestly don't think next year will happen for him, which in my mind would be a pity.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 10:48 (Ref:4024530)   #832
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I really hope we see JP in the PMR car this year, they need him after a tough season in 2020, they just need to come to an agreement. I think it would be better for all concerned if they reach a nice deal. They can't afford another season like 2020, even if it might have been tough with JP anyway
Old 22 Dec 2020, 12:14 (Ref:4024540)   #833
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
My theory HARD are betting on hospitality NOT being able to run in 2021 so going with drivers with a full season budget in place instead of rentadriver types from the past few seasons relying on topping the budget up with selling VIP packages. Cupra #4 might torpedo that theory yet.
I'm not sure Goff falls into the "full season budget" category does he? He's very much struggled for budget (and that's why he's been with HARD). The problem with the HARD cars over the last couple of seasons is that they've been run on a shoestring budget - parts are pushed to their absolute limit (and beyond) which is why you see so many reliability issues with the HARD cars. Unless they've got extra money from somewhere I can't see how jumping to a new model is going to change that (happy to be proved wrong!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I really hope we see JP in the PMR car this year, they need him after a tough season in 2020, they just need to come to an agreement. I think it would be better for all concerned if they reach a nice deal.
If only it were that easy. The value for Plato's sponsors is the hospitality - the "meet and greet" stuff - without that the sponsorship package he has isn't worth as much - so no drive. PMR can't afford to give the drive away (no matter how much of a big name the driver is) so they need drivers to bring budget. If Plato can do that then all well and good, if he can't they need to look elsewhere. On the flip side Plato might be able to rustle up enough cash for a cheaper drive - for the sake of argument at HARD - but would he want to do that? Chances are it's not going to be a competitive drive so he may well decide he's better off sat on the sofa watching. Just to be clear - I'm not suggesting that Plato will be at team HARD, it's just a hypothetical example (before anyone starts assuming that's "fact" ).
Old 22 Dec 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4024541)   #834
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Chances are it's not going to be a competitive drive so he may well decide he's better off sat on the sofa watching. Just to be clear - I'm not suggesting that Plato will be at team HARD, it's just a hypothetical example (before anyone starts assuming that's "fact" ).
wouldn't his ego want those 100 wins ? if its strong enough he could finance a season partially out of his own pocket , he only needs 3 wins , doable in a competitive car during the season
Old 22 Dec 2020, 12:23 (Ref:4024542)   #835
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
wouldn't his ego want those 100 wins ? if its strong enough he could finance a season partially out of his own pocket , he only needs 3 wins , doable in a competitive car during the season
Possibly - but he could have done that this year and didn't.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 12:25 (Ref:4024543)   #836
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Goff brings what he can find. That’s why he’s been reduced to finding sponsorship to race for HARD, rather than a top outfit like Eurotech that left series just like that. His talent is still there, but he’s only been able to show it occasion these last two years. Hopefully HARD have got extra budget to run the Cupra. It would have better for them of course if it was a works deal, but atm, it seems budgets aren’t quite what they should be. Hopefully the car will be good enough to be up there enough times

It is tough for PMR too. I hope Plato can find a way to continue with them. It really has been tough for them since Vauxhall gave up supporting them, it really has been a massive loss for them. I’m sure Plato still loves to drive, but it’s got to be worth it for him. Here’s hoping something gets sorted out. I doubt too he’d want to go to HARD, but he will no doubt keep a close eye on other teams and cars as he probably has always done. He’s someone who would get back on the grid tomorrow if everything was in place for him
Old 22 Dec 2020, 12:46 (Ref:4024548)   #837
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
At the rate this pandemic is going, id be surprised if things were "back to normal" by the time the season starts (by back to normal, I mean in the sense that crowds are allowed back). I personally would have pushed for a slightly later season start, say May time.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 12:47 (Ref:4024549)   #838
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.team-hard.com/wp-content...1-Render-4.jpg

Autobrite as title sponsor on the Cupra. Credit where it's due to HARD, they don't waste time with their signings!
Old 22 Dec 2020, 13:02 (Ref:4024553)   #839
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.team-hard.com/title-spot...m-hard-racing/
Can anyone translate the 3rd paragraph, especially the last part.
Quote:
The Autobrite Direct logo will be prominent on Jack Goff and Glynn Geddie’s brand new Cupra Leons with the pairing also running under Autobrite, ITV team naming rights for the 2021 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship season.
I think I know what they are trying to say but it's like two different sentences got mashed together. Where does 'ITV' come into it?
Old 22 Dec 2020, 13:08 (Ref:4024556)   #840
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://www.team-hard.com/wp-content...1-Render-4.jpg

Autobrite as title sponsor on the Cupra. Credit where it's due to HARD, they don't waste time with their signings!
Nice image with few sponsors to spoil it, oh wait my mistake, it hasn't been hit by the Team Hard sponsor sticker cannon yet. oh well it was nice while it lasted.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 13:16 (Ref:4024558)   #841
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.team-hard.com/title-spot...m-hard-racing/
Can anyone translate the 3rd paragraph, especially the last part.

I think I know what they are trying to say but it's like two different sentences got mashed together. Where does 'ITV' come into it?
I think this is a classic case of not proof reading your press release before pressing send. I can't make sense of the 3rd paragraph either, it just doesn't scan as being written in English. I think they are trying to suggest the team of Geddie and Goff will be called something like Autobrite Team Hard on the entry list and referenced as such on ITV coverage.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 13:50 (Ref:4024561)   #842
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Goff brings what he can find. That’s why he’s been reduced to finding sponsorship to race for HARD, rather than a top outfit like Eurotech that left series just like that. His talent is still there, but he’s only been able to show it occasion these last two years. Hopefully HARD have got extra budget to run the Cupra. It would have better for them of course if it was a works deal, but atm, it seems budgets aren’t quite what they should be. Hopefully the car will be good enough to be up there enough times

It is tough for PMR too. I hope Plato can find a way to continue with them. It really has been tough for them since Vauxhall gave up supporting them, it really has been a massive loss for them. I’m sure Plato still loves to drive, but it’s got to be worth it for him. Here’s hoping something gets sorted out. I doubt too he’d want to go to HARD, but he will no doubt keep a close eye on other teams and cars as he probably has always done. He’s someone who would get back on the grid tomorrow if everything was in place for him
Vauxhall support wasn't in the form of cash - it was a business deal for the wider PMR company/group. Plato & Jackson not running in 2020 was due to being unable to have hospitality.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 14:54 (Ref:4024575)   #843
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I think this is a classic case of not proof reading your press release before pressing send. I can't make sense of the 3rd paragraph either, it just doesn't scan as being written in English. I think they are trying to suggest the team of Geddie and Goff will be called something like Autobrite Team Hard on the entry list and referenced as such on ITV coverage.
Always good to know the team's renowned attention to detail when preparing a race car extends into their PR dept.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 19:26 (Ref:4024635)   #844
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Always good to know the team's renowned attention to detail when preparing a race car extends into their PR dept.
They used some old bits of words and sentences that were in the garage because buying a new sentence would have meant having to bring another sponsor on board. Countdown's Dictionary Corner passed on the deal but may appear on the left rear corner of Goffys car later in the season. This is conditional on #HARD fixing a Neate repellent system to the cars to stop the logo getting creased up.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 19:52 (Ref:4024640)   #845
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News from Carl Boardley Motorsport coming soon...
Old 22 Dec 2020, 20:27 (Ref:4024646)   #846
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
News from Carl Boardley Motorsport coming soon...
'BIG NEWS' probably supports him departing HARD. Wonder if he's got deep enough pockets for a new 3 Series...

I guess HARD must have a 4th Cupra in the works, unless Hamilton's going to pitch up in the CC again... I don't think there was anything in the Taylor-Smith announcement saying their driver line-up is complete.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 23:10 (Ref:4024666)   #847
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

It is tough for PMR too. I hope Plato can find a way to continue with them. It really has been tough for them since Vauxhall gave up supporting them, it really has been a massive loss for them.
LOL, what Vauxhall support are you imagining?

Last edited by peebee2; 22 Dec 2020 at 23:28.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 23:20 (Ref:4024667)   #848
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't they have sponsorship at one point from Euro Repar which is owned by PSA? Or was it all just part of the big van deal that Power Maxeds parent company had with Vauxhall?
Old 22 Dec 2020, 23:49 (Ref:4024672)   #849
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My belief was that the PMR Vauxhall gig was with the dealer network not Vauxhall the main company but they gave blessing. Jason has done a lot of corporate appearances in 2019 presenting Vauxhall to dealers and technical partners so who knows what the arrangement was beyond supplying the team with a few shells and panels? Certainly not a cheque. Less in the way 888 were Vauxhall. More like how WSR are BMW UK.

How manufacturer teams operate and fund nowadays is vastly different to days of past.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 08:00 (Ref:4024702)   #850
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the manufacturer entry just helps with the promotion all round. PMR/Plato can sell is as being the OEM backed team to other potential sponsors. If they do well Vauxhall uses images which reaches a different audience, etc.