Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Dec 2020, 20:02 (Ref:4025312)   #976
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Have Team Parker announced they are leaving, or are we just guessing from 1 transporter for sale and talking to some bloke who knows very little?
TP transporter for sale. Rumours of Jelley looking to drive for WSR. Jelley's 1-series is at Team HARD. Hard/Laser Tools co-op have acquired an extra TBL. I think we can safely join the dots here.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 20:19 (Ref:4025313)   #977
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
TP transporter for sale. Rumours of Jelley looking to drive for WSR. Jelley's 1-series is at Team HARD. Hard/Laser Tools co-op have acquired an extra TBL. I think we can safely join the dots here.
Eaxctly, its not difficult to understand when all the information has been presented in this thread more than once already and its not even January.

One Focus was sold back in October though which may be a surprise. But not if you look hard enough on Companies House at the family who bought it. Again all info in public. Nothing secretive. No guesses. Just requires some effort to look for it and see the pattern.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 20:21 (Ref:4025314)   #978
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
This game of I know something you don't is getting tedious again.
Or I’ll make out I know something you don’t know...either way it’s very tedious.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 21:12 (Ref:4025322)   #979
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sad to see Team Parker go, as their signs are there that they aren’t going to be back judging by recent activity. However it’s not really surprising at this current time
Old 26 Dec 2020, 21:57 (Ref:4025323)   #980
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
So you mentioned that two teams were gone, and that two teams were in a good position for next year. You then said that MB and Motorbase were two of the teams, so I would assume that one has taken over the other. With Shaun Hollamby going to Motorbase, I will say that MB took over Motorbase. However, only Speedworks was mentioned as a third, so I would guess that Toyota have taken over Speedworks and have hired a second driver, who is a race winner. Is this correct?
Old 26 Dec 2020, 22:02 (Ref:4025325)   #981
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Eaxctly, its not difficult to understand when all the information has been presented in this thread more than once already and its not even January.

One Focus was sold back in October though which may be a surprise. But not if you look hard enough on Companies House at the family who bought it. Again all info in public. Nothing secretive. No guesses. Just requires some effort to look for it and see the pattern.
So if it's in the public domain, why don't you just tell us?
Old 26 Dec 2020, 22:53 (Ref:4025333)   #982
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
So if it's in the public domain, why don't you just tell us?
If the car has recently been sold how would it show up at Companies House where listings are 12 months behind.? Also why would a “Ford Focus” be listed at Companies House? Sounds like fantasy or to much Christmas liquid cheer to me!
Old 26 Dec 2020, 22:57 (Ref:4025334)   #983
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Could be a charge or a lien.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 23:22 (Ref:4025339)   #984
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, some digging would suggest that the Jacksons are now involved in what used to be Mountune since late September or early October. So I'm guessing that's part of the puzzle. Can I just say, looking through some of these odd setups of companies behind the racing teams is really weird. Really makes you wonder how everything is paid for. Of course it might just be that sponsorship is transferred through a company to the actual race team, is there anyone how can and would like to shed light on how it all works?
Old 26 Dec 2020, 23:23 (Ref:4025340)   #985
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sad to see Team Parker go, as their signs are there that they aren’t going to be back judging by recent activity. However it’s not really surprising at this current time
I did hear that its only Parkers BTCC activity that is ending, hopefully we'll still see them in the Porsches.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 00:41 (Ref:4025348)   #986
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shaun Hollamby is listed as a director at Motorbase Performance as of 3rd Dec 2020. Not sure how the correspondence address links up with Green Group International though.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 01:30 (Ref:4025350)   #987
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick run-down as to the current ownership situation for all teams in the BTCC:

Team Dynamics - Owned by Matt Neal
West Surrey Racing - WSR Holdings Limited - Owned by Dick Bennetts
AmD Racing - No longer exist, AmD Tuning - Owned by Shaun Hollamby
BTC Racing - Owned by Steve Dudman and legally unrelated to previous BTC Racing
Power Maxed - Owned by Adam Weaver
Motorbase Performance - New company called "Motorbase Performance Limited" set up
by Shaun Hollamby on December 3, 2020. Team that ran as "Motorbase" in 2020 was
"Racing-Red 2020 Ltd" which is a 50/50 partnership between Dave Bartrum and
Richard Paine who also owns Abidane Limited
Speedworks - Owned by Christian Dick
Morgan - Ciceley Motorsport or Ciceley Racing don't really exist, Ciceley Limited ultimately owned by Brian Morgan (Adam's grandad)
Trade Price Cars - Name is just a front, ultimately the money behind it is Dan Kirby
Parker - Owned by the Parker brothers
Laser Tools - Owned by Aiden Moffat (money is his Dad's, Bob Moffat)
Team HARD - Tony Gilham doesn't actually own any companies currently. Team HARD is owned by his grid girl wife.
Excelr8 - Owned by Justina Wilson. Money from Draper Tools, not sure what their link is to the team.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 08:28 (Ref:4025367)   #988
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Shaun Hollamby is listed as a director at Motorbase Performance as of 3rd Dec 2020. Not sure how the correspondence address links up with Green Group International though.
Green Group belongs to Pete Osborne, Sam’s Dad
Old 27 Dec 2020, 08:39 (Ref:4025368)   #989
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I did hear that its only Parkers BTCC activity that is ending, hopefully we'll still see them in the Porsches.
I guessed they would. Still a shame to see them leave the BTCC. They had come a long way from their struggles when they first came in 2015
Old 27 Dec 2020, 08:41 (Ref:4025369)   #990
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Right, some digging would suggest that the Jacksons are now involved in what used to be Mountune since late September or early October. So I'm guessing that's part of the puzzle. Can I just say, looking through some of these odd setups of companies behind the racing teams is really weird. Really makes you wonder how everything is paid for. Of course it might just be that sponsorship is transferred through a company to the actual race team, is there anyone how can and would like to shed light on how it all works?
It's really confusing isn't it. Nothing new of course. There was a touring car team which seemed to change its ownership makeup every winter, but the same guy was always calling the shots. I have that from one of his creditors, chasing him for money since 2001!
Old 27 Dec 2020, 08:48 (Ref:4025370)   #991
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Can I just say, looking through some of these odd setups of companies behind the racing teams is really weird. Really makes you wonder how everything is paid for. Of course it might just be that sponsorship is transferred through a company to the actual race team, is there anyone how can and would like to shed light on how it all works?
Shed light? Well there’s plenty of thought-of-heroes who’ve made careers out of hardly ever paying their bills.

Doesn’t sound too serious. Unless you’re one of the unpaid who can really struggle.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 09:12 (Ref:4025382)   #992
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's really confusing isn't it. Nothing new of course. There was a touring car team which seemed to change its ownership makeup every winter, but the same guy was always calling the shots. I have that from one of his creditors, chasing him for money since 2001!

I did think there were laws against this but could be wrong. Especially if someone is seen as fronting a company so publically ?

I have been employed by a business that was wound up and the MD of the old business couldn’t be a director for another 12 months. His wife signed the papers of the new business but he called the shots (behind closed doors though)
Old 27 Dec 2020, 13:08 (Ref:4025408)   #993
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Correct as I understand it. The BTCC entry only ever came about as a "favour" when Motorbase where unable to run Alex Martins Dextra backed Focus. Parker never planned to enter BTCC. When Alex decided to go racing elsewhere SJ jumped into the seat and stayed for a good number of years (and after deciding the Focus wad not his bag bought the BMW off of WSR). The BMW was (possibly still is) SJ's. He may well have sold it on (possibly to #HARD) - so it may well appear on a racetrack in another series yet.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 13:20 (Ref:4025410)   #994
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I did think there were laws against this but could be wrong. Especially if someone is seen as fronting a company so publically ?

I have been employed by a business that was wound up and the MD of the old business couldn’t be a director for another 12 months. His wife signed the papers of the new business but he called the shots (behind closed doors though)
Nothing to stop your dad or brother or granny having their name above the door unfortunately.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 14:40 (Ref:4025415)   #995
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Quick run-down as to the current ownership situation for all teams in the BTCC:

Team Dynamics - Owned by Matt Neal
Does Barry Plowman still have 20%?

Quote:
Team HARD - Tony Gilham doesn't actually own any companies currently.
Is he allowed to at the moment?

Quote:
Excelr8 - Owned by Justina Wilson. Money from Draper Tools, not sure what their link is to the team.
Just a sponsor, as far as I know.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4025416)   #996
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Does Barry Plowman still have 20%?
Almost certainly. Since 2017 it hasn't been a requirement for companies to record their shareholder breakdowns with companies house, only to report person(s) of significant control (PSC), which is almost always the majority shareholder(s). The latest filings list Matt Neal as this PSC, with over 75% but less than 100%, which would suggest that the shareholdings remain unchanged from the last time they were fully disclosed.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 17:22 (Ref:4025426)   #997
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Is he allowed to at the moment?
is companies house out of date then? mr gilham's listed as a director for TH as of september 2018.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4025428)   #998
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
is companies house out of date then? mr gilham's listed as a director for TH as of september 2018.
Maybe some people don't realise that Tony is short for Anthony?
Old 27 Dec 2020, 19:12 (Ref:4025436)   #999
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
No, you're right, he is back as a director. I wonder if Companies House know that it's him, as his original profile shows all his former roles before his ban.

https://find-and-update.company-info...I/appointments

And then he reappears in 2018:

https://find-and-update.company-info...4/appointments
Old 27 Dec 2020, 20:31 (Ref:4025440)   #1000
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
No, you're right, he is back as a director. I wonder if Companies House know that it's him, as his original profile shows all his former roles before his ban.

https://find-and-update.company-info...I/appointments

And then he reappears in 2018:

https://find-and-update.company-info...4/appointments
If you want to look up directors of teams, Warren Scott is a good one.