Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > Historic Image Archive

Old 7 Dec 2002, 16:31 (Ref:445097)   #401
DaveM
Racer

DaveM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Resurrecting this to show another variation on the modified bodywork theme. This is Sandy McCracken (something makes me think he may be Scottish) at Rufforth in March '67.
Attached Thumbnails
67-03-05 mccracken rufforth.jpg  
Old 7 Dec 2002, 16:36 (Ref:445102)   #402
DaveM
Racer

Here are two more being harried by minis, both at Cadwell but I don't know who they are.
Attached Thumbnails
saloons cadwell1.jpg  
Old 7 Dec 2002, 16:38 (Ref:445103)   #403
DaveM
Racer

This one looks similar to the ones of George Whitehead earlier in the thread, but I couldn't be sure.
Attached Thumbnails
saloons cadwell2.jpg  
Old 8 Dec 2002, 07:48 (Ref:445431)   #404
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveM
Here are two more being harried by minis, both at Cadwell but I don't know who they are.
The Mini on the grass looks like Geoff Wood, not sure on the Anglia.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 22:31 (Ref:447302)   #405
DaveM
Racer

One for Alfa fans. In those days they used to appear in saloon car races reasonably and were pretty successful. Unfortunately I don't know who it is but memory suggests he was Dutch.
Attached Thumbnails
alfa brands.jpg  
Old 21 Dec 2002, 21:01 (Ref:455035)   #406
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This web site is wonderful. I don't know how you do his but here goes - I think the Anglia with spots on was a guy called Tony Roberts ... and the real stars of the free-modified Anglia's was a chap called Brian Peacock who I remeber was a development engineer from Dagenham. He had a mate with an equally quick car but his name escapes me, also from Ford. Great cars very quick.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 23:03 (Ref:455103)   #407
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going back to those two Fiat 600 by Abarth, I think I was servicing a Mini 1000cc in this race which was the Snetterton 500. One driver was Toine Hezemans, the other and faster driver, his name escapes me but he also had a quick brother. He was killed a few years later. Dutch.
Sid Fox won the race in a Mustang and Terry Hunter did well in a Porsche 911S which I later learned was an AFN demonstrator with a Carrera 6 engine in it. Went like a scalded cat and Hunter I swear was still ****ed from the drinking bout the night before.

More great photos. I have so many contact prints from Fred Scatley. I should have bought more, eh Fred?

Last edited by gfm; 21 Dec 2002 at 23:05.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 14:10 (Ref:857588)   #408
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just thought I would bring this one back for any new members to look at.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 14:20 (Ref:857596)   #409
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Looking back at this one http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...006#post338006
the car on the outside is I think John Britten, now co-owner of the ex-Octagon circuits with Jonathan Palmer.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 13:06 (Ref:858850)   #410
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
Here is a photo of the Kincraft taken in 1968 at Snett with Jim Moore at the wheel. Now that IS a REAL racing car!
And yes to my friend in NZ, that is the same Stan Matthews in the F100 at Brands. thanks!
This is on Page One of the thread
I'm sure Ian Stronach used to race a Kincraft in Northern Libre in the earl 70s' Was there only one of them? I remember the car fell off his trailer on route to an Aintree Circuit Club Tuesday night session. It certainly grabbed the attention of the woman in the car behind him.
BTW Ian is now retired and living on Anglesey. I bumped into him at an Anglesey Circuit test day a couple of years ago. One of those "your face looks familiar moments"

Last edited by diz; 1 Feb 2004 at 13:07.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 19:57 (Ref:859364)   #411
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Diz, here is another old thread that may interest you - Kincraft.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...light=kincraft
Old 1 Feb 2004, 22:14 (Ref:859518)   #412
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Andrew, I'm pleased my old memory re Ian Stronach didn't let me down.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1417789)   #413
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst 1966 - does anyone know of any colour pics or film from the crushing Mini victory at the mount??? A replica of the winning car was produced many years ago...but there is some conjecture about the actual colour scheme the Minis ran that year.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1417971)   #414
Frank de Jong
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Frank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFrank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little late perhaps. Post #406 is Han Akersloot, Dutch champion in the Dutch National Racing Team Alfa 1300 GTAJ.
The other Dutch driver mentioned in post #408 is Ab Goedemans.

Great thread, by the way.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1418365)   #415
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
sorry . .this will be a large/slow page, but the pics should speak for themselves

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk/...%20Photos.html

I'm finding all sorts . . .slowly, including a 3 year old me in a MArcos, and an real GT40 my Dad drove . . . . all pics taken by my late father Patrick late 60's ish
Old 28 Sep 2005, 01:49 (Ref:1418419)   #416
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure this has been asked already in the 22 page thread but do we think it would be a good idea to put all these fabulous images into a gallery of some sort, and allow people to submit their own images there too. I've lots of prints from the 1980s in Ireland [including all the visiting series like FF2000 Euroseries and F-Vaux-Lotus with Hakkinen etc... I'm sure lots of others on ten-tenths have images they've love to share... and we'd definitely love to see them. Mr. Moderator, whaddaythink ?
Old 20 Oct 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1438717)   #417
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is My Memory Going???

Hi Everyone. When I first began racing way back in the early 60's I raced at Snetterton. There were two Fiat Arbarths, wboth the rear propped open. They were very quick, and looked really dodgy on corners, (I kept well away from them). But the name that keeps coming to mind is THE ANSTEY BROTHERS. I have no confirmation of this, the programme for that race being consigned to history a long time ago. But I'm sure one of you Guy's can help me. Gerry. (Swish Team Anglia.)
Old 20 Oct 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1438721)   #418
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
hi Gerry

Radbourne Racing entered a Fiat 850tc in the 1966 ETCC 500kms at Snett driven by J.A & G.F Anstead.
Any help?
Old 20 Oct 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1439022)   #419
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
I'm sure this has been asked already in the 22 page thread but do we think it would be a good idea to put all these fabulous images into a gallery of some sort, and allow people to submit their own images there too. I've lots of prints from the 1980s in Ireland [including all the visiting series like FF2000 Euroseries and F-Vaux-Lotus with Hakkinen etc... I'm sure lots of others on ten-tenths have images they've love to share... and we'd definitely love to see them. Mr. Moderator, whaddaythink ?
Sorry, Davyboy, I missed this one. Not being aware of the technicalities, of doing this, I'll ask those that are and get back on here when I have the reply.
Old 20 Oct 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1439025)   #420
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for that John. One thing that may be an issue is the copyright of the images that are posted, so you may need some form of disclaimer box that those who post click to say that they are the copyright holders, or have permission from the copyright holder. I work in the photography business myself and that's always an issue. Assuming that can be overcome and the technical issues too, I think it would be fantastic, don't you.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 06:32 (Ref:1439395)   #421
Lotus47
Rookie

Lotus47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wanted Lotus 47 Photos please

Wanted Lotus 47 photos please.
Salut
Old 21 Oct 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1439442)   #422
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PLEASE be careful regarding copyright,It might be a good ideas to read the threads on TNF first. Some members of these forums try and earn a living from photos .
Old 21 Oct 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1440102)   #423
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Thanks for that John. One thing that may be an issue is the copyright of the images that are posted, so you may need some form of disclaimer box that those who post click to say that they are the copyright holders, or have permission from the copyright holder. I work in the photography business myself and that's always an issue. Assuming that can be overcome and the technical issues too, I think it would be fantastic, don't you.
Does this help?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75476

Ted's point is also well made.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 08:51 (Ref:1440397)   #424
davyboy
Veteran

Let's move the discussion on the platform for showcasing images to that thread.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2395960)   #425
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
This was great long running thread full of pics, which I have moved across from th History forum.