Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 May 2006, 05:13 (Ref:1601564)   #326
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Wallace in the RML car ..... brilliant !!!

LMP2 looks like a good scrap this year .......... I cant wait !!!
Newton/Erdos/Wallace for RML now confirmed by DSC.
Old 6 May 2006, 05:54 (Ref:1601572)   #327
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have too say, that is good news. Look out for that little MG as it is going to fly.
Old 6 May 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1601607)   #328
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Laurent Chauveau (infoscourse.org) spoke to Bicks yesterday at Magny Cours. Bicks doesn't expect any teams to withdraw so it's looking very unlikely that the second Creation will get in.

Whens the cut of date for the reserves to be called up?
Old 6 May 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1601609)   #329
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Whens the cut of date for the reserves to be called up?
26th May. Bicks did say that the second car would be ready to go so I assume their fee is paid and drivers available if they get the green light. I've got everything crossed!!
Old 6 May 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1601736)   #330
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I have too say, that is good news. Look out for that little MG as it is going to fly.
Why is it still called a MG ?
Old 6 May 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1601875)   #331
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouterM
The team signed a deal with MG for name rights just before the company went bust (and to be pedantic - it is an MG, more to the point why has everyone else changed it's name?)
Old 6 May 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1602041)   #332
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouterM
The RML version of the "new" Lola is not the same as those being campaigned by, for example, Chamberlain or Intersport. When RML took on the original MG EX257 in 2003/2004, they continued development of the car, with MG's blessing. Much of that development was then carried forward into what became the MG EX264, despite being based around Lola's new B05/40 chassis. It was homologated as an MG before the MG factory closed, and just like any MGF you see on the roads, remains an MG, irrespective of the current status of the factory. It is correctly designated an MG Lola EX264.
Old 9 May 2006, 10:20 (Ref:1604076)   #333
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, any news/rumors/speculation yet in potential dropoffs allowing Creation and potentially Rollcentre a 2nd car??????
Old 9 May 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1604079)   #334
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, and very unlikely now unfortunately. Can't have a 2nd Creation, Zytek etc when you only have 8 Porsches and 8 Courages can you ...........
Old 9 May 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1604112)   #335
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least there's no bally Debora.............
Old 9 May 2006, 10:57 (Ref:1604116)   #336
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True, but to be fair, last time i saw it, at the Le Mans 1000km pilot in 2003, it actually had a nice sound to it. A rasping BMW engine i believe, but stand to be corrected. It wasn't that fast, but sounded fast !!!!
Old 9 May 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1604132)   #337
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure that the word "fast" is one I could ever use in the same sentence as the word "Debora", whether in sound or speed terms.......
Old 9 May 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1604159)   #338
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
maybe for retirement ....
and it would sound pretty good
Old 9 May 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1604166)   #339
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I'm not sure that the word "fast" is one I could ever use in the same sentence as the word "Debora", whether in sound or speed terms.......
Bullocks. Example -> The Audi was going very fast, when it lapped the Debora for the 50th time in the first hour.
Old 9 May 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1604206)   #340
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, yes, good thinking........
Old 9 May 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1604396)   #341
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...I get the impression these Debora's weren't ever so quick, then... lol

As someone who's visiting LM for the first time this year, without grandstand seats, but with a willing pair of legs (*ahem* that's not as dodgy as it sounds!), anyone's particular thoughts on where the good places to go are? Read lots about getting tickets and trips booked, but wondering about great places to watch from at particular times (like I'm imagining the beginning of the Mulsanne looking down the straight in the sunset must be pretty special).

Anyone have any happy recent memories of surprisingly good places they found? 'cos I'd like to find a place to take some decent amateur photographs from too.
Old 10 May 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1604685)   #342
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
anyone's particular thoughts on where the good places to go are?... wondering about great places to watch from at particular times (like I'm imagining the beginning of the Mulsanne looking down the straight in the sunset must be pretty special).

Anyone have any happy recent memories of surprisingly good places they found? 'cos I'd like to find a place to take some decent amateur photographs from too.
Slightly (OK, very) off-topic, but you asked for it...

As you have already surmised, Tertre Rouge at sunset is ideal. As the air cools and its density increases, sound travels further! Downside is that apparently the Tertre Rouge Bar is gone which would be the first choice of places to go. I'm also partial to Arnage at sunrise. It's pretty empty but there's still coffee and croissants there. Nothing better than watching pitstops in the middle of the night - less media surrounding the cars, and bright pitlane lights still allow good visibility.

Feel free to take a look at some posts I recently put on my blog about my three trips to Le Mans here, here, and here. I wrote them primarily because my girlfriend is coming to Le Mans with me next year and I wanted to get into writing what the experience is like so she could get a better idea. As such, they're less about the racing and more about the experience.
Old 10 May 2006, 06:19 (Ref:1604798)   #343
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hey Ayse ..... I knew a fast Debora , 2 legged one . Does that count ?
Old 10 May 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1604878)   #344
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Hey Ayse ..... I knew a fast Debora , 2 legged one . Does that count ?

Yeh, Marc Bolan used to sing about her........

Mind you, that would make her well into her 50's by now......
Old 10 May 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1604883)   #345
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
I'm also partial to Arnage at sunrise. It's pretty empty but there's still coffee and croissants there.
One of the two or three bars/stalls there does brilliant cider and great omelettes and kebabs, so if you fancy a change to the standard burger/merguez/saucisse faire, give it a try..... (If you've got any sense you won't touch a saucisse anyway..... I did in 1987 and those who've read my 1987 sotry will know how ill I was afterwards...... )
Old 10 May 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1604884)   #346
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Debora Well into the 50's. Is that MPH or Grid position.....
Old 10 May 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1604886)   #347
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy
Debora Well into the 50's. Is that MPH or Grid position.....

Nice one!

Both I think!
Old 10 May 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1604917)   #348
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
(If you've got any sense you won't touch a saucisse anyway..... I did in 1987 and those who've read my 1987 sotry will know how ill I was afterwards...... )
That's very good advice Ayse. I spent the majority of first Thursday qualifying last year 'trotting' up and down the bank at Tertre Rouge to the Portaloo's after partaking of a saucisse sandwich in the Village a little earlier.........
Old 10 May 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1604932)   #349
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Just been reading on the InfosCourse forum that Paul Belmondo has apparently broken his collar bone and will be unable to drive at Le Mans this year. The names of Jonathan Cochet and Stephane Daoudi are being linked to the Team as possible replacements (although at this stage I guess it's pure speculation).

That's a bitter blow for Paul, let's hope he makes a quick recovery!
Old 10 May 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1604978)   #350
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Shame for Paul, not the world's fastest driver, but a stalwart Le Mans supporter, for sure.