Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1624144)   #501
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I thought Pat Long was down to drive the Lizards car?
Sorry , my mistake . He is or was
Old 31 May 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1624152)   #502
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Sorry , my mistake . He is or was
Is as far as I know, the last press release I had from them said that Pat Long was going to drive the car, but things could have changed?
Old 31 May 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1624239)   #503
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope this was meant as a joke by the ACO to see what websites copy/paste everything they mention
Old 1 Jun 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1624268)   #504
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Certainly a few odd entries on the ACO website .

No names on the Intersport car , no Shorty and as many as 5 drivers mentioned with the Epsilon Courage ..... maybe its just for the test day , but that makes no sense to me ?
Old 1 Jun 2006, 06:24 (Ref:1624332)   #505
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's going on? Is 1st June the equivalent of April 1st in the province of La Sarthe or have we all gone mad???? I hope the ACO brings some sanity into that list before our nerves collectively collapse....

Old 1 Jun 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1624547)   #506
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piccini and Ortelli will drive for Aston Martin at Le Mans.

Source: italiaracing.net
Old 1 Jun 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1624577)   #507
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
What's going on? Is 1st June the equivalent of April 1st in the province of La Sarthe or have we all gone mad???? I hope the ACO brings some sanity into that list before our nerves collectively collapse....

Its the same every year....... I shouldn't worry overly about it. All thecars will have drivers come Le Mans week.....
Old 1 Jun 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1624603)   #508
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Its the same every year....... I shouldn't worry overly about it. All thecars will have drivers come Le Mans week.....
If they don't - I'll be the first to volunteer!!
Old 1 Jun 2006, 14:31 (Ref:1624613)   #509
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Piccini and Ortelli will drive for Aston Martin at Le Mans.

Source: italiaracing.net
Piccini will be sharing the Enge/Turner car while Ortelli joins Sarrazin/Lamy
according to LMSR.net.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1624648)   #510
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
According to DSC the Icer Brakes Ferrari has pulled out, letting the Seikel Porsche in. While this does potentially add a modicum of spice to GT2 (fast Ferrari vs legion Porsches) it equally raises questions in my mind about the disappearance of the 2nd Creation and Rollcentre. Given that these teams went to all the trouble of acquiring a second chassis and were right at the head of the reserve list is there anything disclosable about the reasons for their falling away?

While I'm pleased for Seikel I can't help wishing that the Icer Brakes withdrawl had opened up the possibility of a fully pro Creation.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1624649)   #511
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DSC are reporting that Icer Brakes are out and Seikel's Porsche is in.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1624670)   #512
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
shame if we have yet another Porsche in ...
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1624673)   #513
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Endurance-info are reporting that Jean-Christophe Boullion has fractured his wrist and will not race.

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...rder=0&thold=0

So who's free to replace hime in a potential winner?

mariantic
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1624680)   #514
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This withdrawal has come after the cut-off date so, I presume, Creation and Rollcentre found it far too late in the day to get second-car logistics sorted in time for the Race let alone the Test. Both these teams want to do a good job. With two weeks to run before the main event starts, I doubt if even Audi would take up a reserve (if they were to be in that position).

P-Cars are not as straghtforward to run as GTs. The support infrastructure is more complex.

It is a shame. If there was more time, I am sure that Creation would have been there.

In reality, the ACO has done an excellent job overall with only one (yet) withdrawal...and that one resulting from accident damage at a previous race. The quality of the grid is very good. As much as I would have like to see more protoypes (at the expense of yet more Porsches), I can't really complain.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1624681)   #515
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic
Endurance-info are reporting that Jean-Christophe Boullion has fractured his wrist and will not race.

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...rder=0&thold=0

mariantic
That does shake things up doesn't it?

I'd say there's a fair likelihood of Montagny shifting to the lead car and a French young gun (or old stager?) being drafted into the number 17; which of course begs the question of who? Does Cochet have any better plans for a couple of weekend's time (he wouldn't have to qualify but would benefit from a run at the test day), equally how about Premat?
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1624684)   #516
The Badger
Veteran

If accident damage from Spa is the reason , they could have withdrawn sooner and given the chance to somebody else , .... Its gisgusting !!!

Somebody is saying Seikel has withdrawn too , so we have a 49 car grid ?
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1624690)   #517
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gosh this is almost as exiting as the race
They ought to have live timing on the entry list !

mariantic
(keeping hitting the refresh button on the ACO page)
Old 1 Jun 2006, 16:25 (Ref:1624731)   #518
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
Quote:
They ought to have live timing on the entry list !
Just after I wrote that the latest list came up!

Seikel are on and Nuttal is off!

Oh and Jari Nurminen has appeared...

mariantic
Old 1 Jun 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1624745)   #519
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The list is messed up, and I wouldn't depend on it for much of anything yet.

Check out the factory Corvette Team entry.

CORVETTE RACING (USA) LM GT1 (6993A)

R.FELLOWS (CAN)
H.NUTTALL (GBR)
M.PAPIS (ITA)

Poor Johnny O'Connell, got dumped for H. Nuttalll.....
Old 1 Jun 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1624757)   #520
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
mariantic
I know it is NOT going to happen, but:

JJ Lehto
Old 1 Jun 2006, 17:35 (Ref:1624773)   #521
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Didn't drop Warren Hughes the LNT drive a prototype drive?
Old 1 Jun 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1624792)   #522
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
ACO's drivers list have always been a pure joke over the years

look! they even have Ortiz and Gabbiani for Creation instead of JCW!

what? this is not a joke ?

Old 1 Jun 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1624800)   #523
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
ACO's drivers list have always been a pure joke over the years

look! they even have Ortiz and Gabbiani for Creation instead of JCW!

what? this is not a joke ?

Bernard, the truth often hurts. This hurts me more than anything else I see on the entry list. Add to that the Icer Brakes 'forfait' at the last minute and Creation's inability to take their place, the pain is almost unbearable. I am one very, very unhappy Creation fan..........
Old 1 Jun 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1624806)   #524
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Didn't drop Warren Hughes the LNT drive a prototype drive?
Yes, I have just seen on DSC that Uncle Henri has put out a statement saying that the replacement's identity will be revealed at/after the test day.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1624818)   #525
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Seikel are definitely in, rumours saying any different are wrong