Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Dec 2006, 02:36 (Ref:1797306)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Forza Motorsport

Hey all, I might be getting Forza Motorsport for Christmas and I was wondering, is the game any good? Because I've only got the demo and I like the realism, so is the full version any good or not?
Old 22 Dec 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1797574)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry mate depends on whether its PC or Xbox

Xbox game is actuallt really good, for me its better than GT4, The GT series on PS2 are so one dimensional, cars have looked the same for 10 years and the programmers are very lazy qith things like sound and add ons.

Forza is a good arcadey style game, but actuallt better driving engine than GT series
Old 22 Dec 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1797708)   #3
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza is a good game on the XBox. Not sure if it was ever released for PC?

Anyway, as far as circuit racing on a console, this is the most "sim" game out there to date. It has decent damage modelling (but not great), but quite robust physics compared to the TOCA series, and miles above the physics in PGR, NFS, etc. Richard Burns Rally has never been released in the States so I have not played it, but from what I understand, it is the only console racing title that might beat Forza in the sim department... but it isn't a circuit racer. MotoGP2 had pretty good physics and may be comparable in the 2 wheel department, but MotoGP3 was a disaster.

Sony's GT series is the closest comparison to Forza. Forza's car selection is inferior to Grand Tourismo, but the AI is much better, and the damage keeps you driving much more honestly. The physics are better in Forza as well. And if you have XBox Live... you will quickly fall in love, because the ability to race people over the internet blows the doors off of any racing game's AI... and the re-playability goes up exponentially!

Forza ( and any other console racer ) does not stack up to many of the PC sims ( GTR is the only one I have direct experience with ). There is no weather, no animated pit crew, no in-car view, and not quite as much setup adjustability... and fewer real life tracks. But, you don't have many PC sim headaches, either... like having device conflicts or driver problems, hardware/software configuration issues, and software modding.

Anyway, I am a big Forza fan, but I tried to be fair in the write-up here...

Last edited by shiny side up!; 22 Dec 2006 at 14:24.
Old 23 Dec 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1798478)   #4
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Forza is a good game. Word of advice though, DON'T DO THE COBRA CUP unless u like a oversteery car even with TC turned on!!