Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Sep 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3928665)   #501
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Class one common parts via upcoming Super GT file magazine.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3928761)   #502
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I wonder how much money these "common parts" actually save. Suspension parts are going to cost money whether you make it your way or to a specific set of rules. It baffles me that GTA signed up for this in agreement with the big 3 Japanese manufacturers.
Old 21 Sep 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3929216)   #503
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Subaru puts a sticker on the quick charge filler to reduce drag in the qualifying session.
https://twitter.com/Syo5_Mugen16/sta...96902968930304

au Tom's (#36) has introduced 3rd fresh engine. Therefore, they are penalized with a 10 second pit stop in the race.
https://jp.motorsport.com/supergt/ne...nalty/4544946/
Old 22 Sep 2019, 04:42 (Ref:3929348)   #504
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Race day press conference by GTA (Masaaki Bandoh)
https://www.fmotor.jp/http-www-fmoto...o-gta-comments
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/524082?all

Q. Is it necessary to change rules to improve the safety of pit work?
A. The expansion of the pit work area is the role of the each circuit.
However, safety must be a top priority as the speed of cars increases.
Since NASCAR is doing well, I would like to ask the SGT team for higher pit quality.
I want to make a good system as GTA.

Q. How about marking the sidewalls to distinguish between rain and dry tires?
A. This is difficult because it is not a one-make tire, but I understand the importance of conveying information to fans.

About SGT/DTM exchange race
*DTM will send 7 DTM cars (AUDI 4, BMW 3) to exchange race.
*Since it is the 45th anniversary of AUTOBACS, 45 will be displayed on the car.
*In addition, stickers such as BH Auction, Hankook, DEKRA will be attached.
*There are currently about 10 participants for GT300 sprint cup.

About 2020 foreign round
*No further new informations.
*The deadline for the Thailand Round is the end of this month.

About new GT500 machine
*Nissan seemed to set up the base vehicle registration parts for SGT vehicles, and I felt their motivation.
*I'm looking forward to seeing how Toyota looks completely different from Auto Salon.
*Regarding Honda, I felt the desire to integrate Class One regulations.
I am very happy that they cooperated with GTA.
*It's great that three manufacturers can compete without BoP.

About introduction of FCY, multiple SC
*The introduction of FCY is under consideration.
I want to prepare the environment because the equipment is different for each circuit.
However, it may be difficult to budget FCY equipment for SGT alone.
Multiple SCs may not be suitable for short circuit Japan.
If there are too many race interruptions at the time of SC, we have to reconsider it.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 06:01 (Ref:3929352)   #505
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://motorsport.tv/motorsporttv/v...ugo-race/21992
Old 22 Sep 2019, 06:24 (Ref:3929354)   #506
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Race day press conference by GTA <Part.2>
https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1208738.html

About introduction of FCY, multiple SC
*A budget is required to introduce FCY.
If FCY is introduced not only in SGT but also in Super Taikyu and Super Formula, the circuit side may prepare budgets.

*For long circuits, both FCY and multiple safety cars are useful,
but the story is different if it is a short course like SUGO.
*It may be necessary to improve that the number of times of dispatch of SC increases.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3929360)   #507
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to the No. 3 NDDP Racing Craftsports GT-R and the No. 55 ARTA NSX for winning in their respective classes at Sugo.

Still, it's kinda baffling that Motorsport TV mess up the commentary, apart from techinal issues during the broadcast.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3929389)   #508
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Autosport web,
Craft sports GTR (#3) had used damp condition tire (grooved, but not full wet tire).
In my memory only one type of wet tire should be allowed,
but Michelin had introduced full wet tire and damp tire.
Perhaps, only one type grooved tire is allowed, but multiple compounds are allowed for wet tire.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/524223?all
Old 22 Sep 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3929409)   #509
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Congratulations to the No. 3 NDDP Racing Craftsports GT-R and the No. 55 ARTA NSX for winning in their respective classes at Sugo.

Still, it's kinda baffling that Motorsport TV mess up the commentary, apart from techinal issues during the broadcast.
For me I didn't have any issues with the broadcast since it started.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 02:51 (Ref:3929568)   #510
hvr777
Veteran

hvr777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post

It's not a Honda, Lexus, Bridgestone tyre, car #23 who won the race (GT500), but the #3 Craftsports Motul GT-R.
Those 4 things are usual suspects for the race winner at last 2 seasons (Nissan is pretty much struggled while #23 team is usually able to be out of adversities) & personally I'm happy the car #3 finally won the race. The team was strong on some previous races & had chances to be on podium but often ended up with some bad lucks.

Those commentators need to be much more knowledgable about each teams & drivers, not only mentioning the cars solely on manufacturers like "Nissan", "Lexus", "Honda", etc and also former F1 drivers.
The thing was quite clear when the commentators always mentioning Jenson Button (everytime #1 Raybrig NSX-GT got displayed) even though Naoki Yamamoto was already on the car.

And also, the commentators were also lacked enthusiasm, slow to respond with conditions on circuit & not able to match with the race that was lot of actions.
I'm not fluent in Japanese, but when I compared to Japanese commentaries on race highlights, it's pretty clear the English commentators lacked energies.

Last edited by hvr777; 23 Sep 2019 at 03:04.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 04:41 (Ref:3929578)   #511
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvr777 View Post
Those commentators need to be much more knowledgable about each teams & drivers, not only mentioning the cars solely on manufacturers like "Nissan", "Lexus", "Honda", etc and also former F1 drivers.
The thing was quite clear when the commentators always mentioning Jenson Button (everytime #1 Raybrig NSX-GT got displayed) even though Naoki Yamamoto was already on the car.

And also, the commentators were also lacked enthusiasm, slow to respond with conditions on circuit & not able to match with the race that was lot of actions.
I'm not fluent in Japanese, but when I compared to Japanese commentaries on race highlights, it's pretty clear the English commentators lacked energies.
Sadly, these commentators won't even learn or listen to other people when it comes to knowing about Super GT. On top of that, their lack of enthusiasm has something to do with them commentating at the early morning.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3929613)   #512
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately it's hard to find ones wanting to do the series. We should be thankful for coverage at all
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3929735)   #513
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I watched without sound lol
Old 24 Sep 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3929895)   #514
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Autosport web,
As for wet tires, only one type of groove design is allowed, but multiple compounds are allowed in SGT.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/524510?all
Old 24 Sep 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3929897)   #515
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got to say, I dont find the comms THAT bad, its enough to keep track of whats happening, can I guess if they stick to it next season they will become a little more knowledgable.

That said, I would prefer Rob and Sam back by a country mile
Old 24 Sep 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3929936)   #516
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I even heard them saying that the Mercedes AMG-GT has gull wing doors. Come on, now....
Old 25 Sep 2019, 03:39 (Ref:3930005)   #517
hvr777
Veteran

hvr777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.rallyplus.net/63518

Subaru announces it will end productions of EJ20 engine (which is also the base engine for #61 Subaru BRZ R&D Sport).
Maybe it will give some implications for the engine used for that GT300 car.
If I'm not mistaken, all Subaru GT300 cars always use EJ20-based engines (either cars that were ran by Cusco Racing or R&D Sport).
Old 25 Sep 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3930018)   #518
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Subaru tweets that they will continue to use the EJ20 engine a bit more in SGT.
https://twitter.com/SUBARU_STI_MS/st...11025409683456
Old 25 Sep 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3930068)   #519
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Super GT plus magazine reports Class one plus alpha regulations.
http://www.as-books.jp/books/info.php?no=ASS20190926
http://www.as-books.jp/books/preview.php?no=7116

Green parts are Class One plus alpha areas (development free area).
They are called "flick box" area and "elephant foot" area.
Old 25 Sep 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3930099)   #520
TF110
Veteran

United States
"Development free" Do you mean no development, or is it an open development area?
Old 26 Sep 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3930185)   #521
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Open development is allowed.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3930705)   #522
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Super GT file magazine reports Class one/plus-alpha regulations.
<Part.1: Engine regulations>

*Class One regulations prohibit external ignition of the engine combustion chamber.
In contrast, plus-alpha regulations (GT500) allow pre-chamber with the agreement of three manufacturers.
*Class One regulation regulates the maximum injection pressure of DI injectors to 350 bar.
On the other hand, in plus-alpha regulations, the maximum is 200 bar as before.

*ECU changes from Cosworth to Bosch.
Throttle valve specs are also different in Japan and Germany.
DTM specifies a single throttle as common parts.
However, in GT500, it is possible to choose multi-throttle.

*DTM uses OTS system used in Super Formula to P2P.

*Class One regulations state that the engine life is 6000km.
However, since the season mileage of SGT is 7000km or more, 2 fresh engines can be used in SGT.

*In plus-alpha regulations, in 2020, the development freezing of GTA registered engine parts will be lifted once.
Therefore, it is possible to develop a completely brand new engine for 2020.
For engine casting parts, development will be frozen for 3 years from 2020. (including cylinder head, block, oil pan, crankshaft).
However, it is possible to develop the performance of other engine parts (piston, connecting rod, camshaft etc.).
It is also possible to change the design shape by processing frozen casting parts.
In other words, it is necessary to design casting parts in anticipation of the three years of upcoming development.

*Toyota has separated the model for SF(Biz01F) and SGT(RI4AG) engine from this season.
Therefore, there was an option to develop a brand new SGT exclusive use engine.
However, TRD inherited the 2017 spec and developed 2020 engine instead of zero base development due to lack of facilities.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3930708)   #523
TF110
Veteran

United States
3 years... so I wonder what happens at the end of 2023. I hope the cars are a little more dramatic. Right now they all look too alike for me. I do have hope that the racing will be good, but will they run a control tire?
Old 29 Sep 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3930721)   #524
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
<Part.2: Chassis regulations>

*In the plus-alpha regulations, air-con is allowed to be installed, and fuel tanks are pressurized (100 litter/DTM: 125 litter).
*Plus-alpha regulations allow ride height sensors, damper stroke sensors, and tire temperature sensors.
This is a rule introduced to ensure safety because SGT is a multi-make tire system.

*Suspension units are common parts in the Class One regulations.
Upright, hub, arm, bracket, push rod, rocker arm, anti-roll bar, link, damper (manufactured by Multimatic) are common parts.
*The brakes are also common parts (manufactured by AP Racing), but the brake disc specs are different.
SGT uses Y-vent type and DTM uses multi-hole type.
(Multi-hole type has high cooling performance but is also expensive.)
*Because the common upright has insufficient cooling performance, the shape of the upright is changed by the plus-alpha regulations.
*Depending on the results of future running tests, the class one suspension and upright might be changed to specs developed by SGT.

*Common parts are classified into EB parts, SB parts, and LB parts.
*EB parts are parts that must be used in all cars.
Monocoques, gearboxes, brakes, fuel tanks, dampers, drive shafts, rear wings, and crushable structures.
*SB parts are parts designed by each manufacturers based on specified specifications.
Radiator cores and wheels.
DTM has one-make wheel (made by ATS), but SGT has multi-makes.
*LB parts can be selected from the parts list.
These include spherical bearings, gearbox oil coolers, and tire pressure sensors.

*In Class One regulations, there is only one bump rubber spec for the suspension.
In the plus-alpha regulations, you can choice it freely as it is a multi-make tire.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3930725)   #525
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
<Part.3: Aerodynamics regulations>

*Class One regulations banned aerodynamic development under the design line.
*Plus-alpha regulations allow aerodynamic development for few part of under the design line.
GTA said that aerodynamic development in areas not visible to the audience should not be lifted.
As a result, aerodynamic development of the flick box (front bumper corner part), elephant foot (rear side of the front tire), and shoe box (lower end of the rear fender) was lifted.
However, the shoe box area could not be developed in 2020.
This is because if a wide range of development is lifted at once, the development capabilities will differ depending on the resources of each company.

*Freedom of development remains for engine cooling.
The front bumper, front grille opening and bonnet hood opening are development areas.
*Regarding the front grille, Class One regulations stipulate that the opening may be provided even if the base vehicle has no opening.