Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2023, 07:08 (Ref:4170742)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Teddy out of pram thread

Hi Mods

Im thinking do we really need the teddy out of pram forum pinned at the top of the page?

It was 15 years ago and in the end much ado about very little.
All **** and wind in the end and of mild interest to us anoraks,
A cute laugh at the time...but that time was in the darks of history (ask Lewis and Nando)

I think it isnt fitting for the headline thread of the pinnacle of world motor sport. The first thing new arrivals see,
Can it be archived, parked or tucked away down the back somewhere?
Old 31 Jul 2023, 08:25 (Ref:4170751)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tend to agree, it serves no purpose, not even historical.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 08:31 (Ref:4170754)   #3
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Who knows when it might come in handy.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4170755)   #4
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I must admit that seeing it highlighted lured me back in to see what had kicked off!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 14:27 (Ref:4170827)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I must admit that seeing it highlighted lured me back in to see what had kicked off!
Sucked me in too Viv!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4170843)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have had the same thought on this. It is a sub-forum. I think (not really knowing) that the easy solution would be to move all posts in the sub-forum into the regular F1 forum and then remove the sub-forum. So no content is lost and we don't have what is effectively a dead sub-forum.

Richard
Old 2 Aug 2023, 14:51 (Ref:4171072)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Our toddler throws the teddy out of the pram then cries for it back.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 18:18 (Ref:4171084)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we should thrown the teddy out of the pram thread out of the pram......
Old 2 Aug 2023, 22:08 (Ref:4171101)   #9
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the world will be a safer place with a 'Teddy out of the pram' thread, the Interned needs this thread.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 07:44 (Ref:4171137)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I think the world will be a safer place with a 'Teddy out of the pram' thread, the Interned needs this thread.
Except that it hasn't for the last 14 years.....
Old 3 Aug 2023, 08:07 (Ref:4171143)   #11
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True, but now that I have announced it to the world, the world will flock to it ...

Old 3 Aug 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4171159)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So what's people's biggest gripe about F1 atm? Mine would be the lack of competition at the front or the lack of proper overtaking skill thanks to DRS
Old 3 Aug 2023, 10:45 (Ref:4171172)   #13
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Former - yes. Latter - no, there was some sublime overtaking at Spa, Yuki and Estaban in particular.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 11:32 (Ref:4171181)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm not sure I'd call it sublime. A few decent overtakes. I think we're so used to banal DRS overtakes that any that are made without it are such a surprise that we go overboard....
Old 3 Aug 2023, 12:29 (Ref:4171188)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The only good one was the three abreast down the Kemmel straight, but only because all 3 were on DRS, thereby negating any advantage. We need proper overtaking back. It's gone too far, the excitement of an overtake is gone due to the lack of skill involved
Old 3 Aug 2023, 22:19 (Ref:4171254)   #16
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I actually like having the Teddy out the pram sub-form there - reminder of history and with all the various rumblings about extra teams, current ones not happy etc, parts of it MIGHT even start to become relevant again.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 22:28 (Ref:4171256)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

We need to air our gripes somehow. And make us realise there’s always been a few things we’ve been unhappy about inF1. It shows how much we care about the sport we want it to do better
Old 4 Aug 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4171286)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I actually like having the Teddy out the pram sub-form there - reminder of history and with all the various rumblings about extra teams, current ones not happy etc, parts of it MIGHT even start to become relevant again.
It's fine - if it's used, which it hadn't been.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4171330)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
That is why the posts should be kept, but rolled into the regular Forum. Then the sub-forum removed. And in reality, does anyone read those? I looked at them once, then moved on.

Richard
Old 4 Aug 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4171334)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would like it kept for posterity.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 14:38 (Ref:4171345)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
And in reality, does anyone read those? Richard
Not me. Sorry.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4171346)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm perfectly happy for it to be kept but it doesn't need to be pinned up in the way it is as a one-thread 'historical' subforum.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4171347)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

Well we have a bit of time before the next GP. Plenty of time to get a few things off our chest
Old 4 Aug 2023, 16:14 (Ref:4171352)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK. Can I throw DRS out of the pram then please?
Old 4 Aug 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4171355)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
OK. Can I throw DRS out of the pram then please?

And the DRS train.