Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Mar 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3811990)   #326
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, that's some locations......
Old 30 Mar 2018, 18:48 (Ref:3811993)   #327
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Winter testing, factory (and probably sponsor and press) duties, sim work and on-call reserve at the GP.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3811999)   #328
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah yes, no fixation there then.......
Old 30 Mar 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3812001)   #329
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Rings kind of hollow when Alonso is about to combine a full time F1 drive with a full time WEC drive...
Old 30 Mar 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3812008)   #330
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If con man Chief Tucker was able to drive 67 different race cars each weekend around the world in his Level 5 days, it's kind of funny to think of F1-level driver to handle it this way. Particularly when he won't actually be driving for almost any of it.

Anyway, he already ditched the CLM last year, so not surprising... other than for PR reasons I wouldn't want to commit to this guy either, his mind is elsewhere
Old 30 Mar 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3812012)   #331
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If con man Chief Tucker was able to drive 67 different race cars each weekend around the world in his Level 5 days, it's kind of funny to think of F1-level driver to handle it this way. Particularly when he won't actually be driving for almost any of it.

Anyway, he already ditched the CLM last year, so not surprising... other than for PR reasons I wouldn't want to commit to this guy either, his mind is elsewhere
I think so too. I'm not saying he's bad or whatever for being focused on f1. He has admitted that. I think this has been discussed before that drivers set their sights on f1 and everything else is secondary to the point where good opportunities are left behind. I like the guy, but if he doesn't want to do wec, whatever. I find some of the reasoning silly, but no driver is the same.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3812013)   #332
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Grove, Catalonia and Australia.
You left out Aragon, considering that time period includes two LMP1 tests. Because what someone with no interest in anything outside F1 would do is cram two sports car tests into a packed schedule.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...ision-1014239/
Quote:
“Honestly I didn’t have time to think about it,” said the Pole. “I’m quite busy here and it’s quite a lot of work I’m doing.

“So I will have to review, the schedule is very busy so if I have to add some racing into it will mean from the middle of February until after Le Mans [in June] I will have less than 10 days at home.

“I have to make sure I can do things properly in here [with Williams] and in racing. I don’t want to do many things and it will become a bit messy.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If con man Chief Tucker was able to drive 67 different race cars each weekend around the world in his Level 5 days, it's kind of funny to think of F1-level driver to handle it this way.
There's a bit of a difference between being an arrive and drive pay driver, and a proper professional, sorry. The big difference between Kubica and Alonso as well is that Alonso doesn't do McLaren's simulation or factory work, they've got four kids for that (while Williams only has Kubica and Rowland, who has a much more limited at track schedule and is racing the Ginetta). Even then it's not fair to expect Kubica at his current stage to do what Alonso is.
https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...-2018-schedule
Quote:
Asked if at the age of 36 it might be too much, Alonso laughed to Marca sports newspaper: "No, I'm not grey yet. Seriously, I'm physically well. Ok, ten years ago facing a challenge like this would have been very difficult or even impossible or a mistake."

"But now I am 100 per cent sure I can face it. With the way I know formula one, other categories like the Indy 500, even the way I need to travel, I'm ready now. That's why a programme like this has never been done," Alonso explained. "It's almost impossible. Only at certain moments of your sports career, such as where I am now, can it be done, and then not everyone can do it."
Old 30 Mar 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3812020)   #333
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
You left out Aragon
Too all intents and purposes the Aragon circuit is Catalonia...
Old 30 Mar 2018, 23:34 (Ref:3812046)   #334
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Too all intents and purposes the Aragon circuit is Catalonia...
If you want to start a riot, maybe.
Old 31 Mar 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3812076)   #335
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kubica is now not going to be driving the car, which is a shame, would have been good to see him out there
Old 4 Apr 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3812819)   #336
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another driver has been confirmed today Alex Brundle - http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...e-for-2018-19/ - that’s a good signing IMO.
Old 5 Apr 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3813016)   #337
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 5 Apr 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3813021)   #338
LMPFan
Rookie

LMPFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
The Ginetta looks Beautiful in bare carbon.
Old 5 Apr 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3813023)   #339
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A close one of the #6

Old 5 Apr 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3813024)   #340
LMPFan
Rookie

LMPFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
A close one of the #6

Thank you for the Excellent Pictures
Old 5 Apr 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3813032)   #341
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPFan View Post
Thank you for the Excellent Pictures
All pictures come from here
Old 5 Apr 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3813033)   #342
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They look the business!
Old 5 Apr 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3813046)   #343
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So good to see variety back in lmp1!
Old 5 Apr 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3813064)   #344
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Looks mean! I hope it sounds good as well
Old 5 Apr 2018, 20:41 (Ref:3813076)   #345
DinkLv
Rookie

China
West Lafayette, IN, US
DinkLv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new livery configuration is postponed to after the Prologue but definitely before Spa. Will have gold stripes.
Old 6 Apr 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3813200)   #346
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Rings kind of hollow when Alonso is about to combine a full time F1 drive with a full time WEC drive...
Alonso doesn't do any simulator work for McLaren F1 though, they have Oliver Turvey, Lando Norris, Nyck de Vries & Rudy van Buren to share that (and one or more of them will be in the simulator every day of the year).

Alonso's only commitment to McLaren is for race weekends, official tests, and around 25 "publicity" days (which he gets to choose himself).

Kubica on the other hand is not only going to most Grands Prix with Williams, but also spending four or five days a week in the simulator on non-race weeks.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3818400)   #347
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is few days old but just noticed, they might be somewhat worried about power output

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...1-spa-1030625/

"I'm quietly confident that the car, especially in the corners, is extremely competitive. The power package, we still have to see if that's quite good enough."

Asked to elaborate on his remark about straightline speed, however, Rowland said he was confident that engine supplier Mecachrome would make progress as the campaign unfolded.

--

"It just feels lacking a little bit at the moment, but we were running it quite safe," he said. "I think there's also different parameters to do with the fuel flow that require a little bit of tuning.

"So far Mecachrome have been really supportive, they're doing a good job and I'm sure it will be there at some point. It's just whether it's there straight away."

Manor refused to comment on its Prologue straightline speed deficit when contacted by Motorsport.com.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3818402)   #348
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or, the car has plenty of downforce and too much drag.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3818403)   #349
Deleted
Veteran

In which case it'll be terrible at Spa and Le Mans
Old 30 Apr 2018, 22:00 (Ref:3818524)   #350
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a lovely pair...