Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 17 Sep 2001, 23:17 (Ref:147666)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zanardi Update

Here's the latest on Alessandro, which I received from my friends at British Racing Green today:

The following update on Champ Car driver Alex Zanardi was provided earlier Monday by Dr. Walter Schaffartzik, Director of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine Unfallkrankenhaus (Hospital) Berlin: A scheduled surgery was conducted to clean out wounds and make sure no pieces of debris from the injury remained. The procedure lasted two hours and went well. This procedure is consistent with the practice for this type of injury. It is expected that this type of surgery will be performed every 48 hours over the next several days. Zanardi is in critical but non-life-threatening condition. He is stable and doctors are starting to reduce medication, which has placed him in a medically-induced coma.

Zanardi's family has asked that donations be made to the World Association to Aid Children. Checks in his name may be forwarded to: Assosiation Mondial pur l'Aid des Enfant, Star Team For Children, 20 Avenue de Fontvieille, MC 98000, Monaco. Cards and letters can be sent to: Mo Nunn Racing; 2920 Fortune Circle West, Suite E; Indianapolis, IN 46241.

This is hopeful news and my cheque is going out tonight. I'll go get a card and write all the Mo Nunn people a note tomorrow.

As soon as I can find an address for Alexandre I will put that up too.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 15:49 (Ref:147899)   #2
Dave S
Racer

Dave S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a Gentleperson posted this link on another forum. I don't have their name to give the proper credit, but think it's a nice gesure. Well wishes can be left here to be forwarded to the team.

May God bless & protect Alex, & give him & his family strength.

http://www.petitiononline.com/az1/petition.html
Old 18 Sep 2001, 21:17 (Ref:148081)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amen.