Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 18 Jan 2016, 05:12 (Ref:3605801)   #326
superstock
Rookie

New Zealand
lower hutt
superstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi Superstock,

Well I am pleased to be able to report that apart from the inclement weather which added another element to the weekend racing that there was some good racing over the weekend, and in particular the reverse grid last race which was won by Simon Evans with action a plenty. Andre Heimgartner showed he is a class act and won the first race by a country mile, however's Evan's matched his pace in race two.

Bargwanna, was at the sharp end all weekend, other than in qualifying, were the car suffered from a bad engine misfire issue, his now Camry sporting an outrageous new rear wing which was run at such a steep angle that it hurt his straight line speed, but made his car significantly better under braking, and off the corners.

The wet conditions made it very difficult to analyze the so called aero parity adjustments made to the TLX cars since Hamton Downs, however, Tom Alexander was adament that the Supertourer rear wing was a big help in getting his TLX car closer to Bargwanna's pace, but it was very obvious that the two Ls3 powered TLX Commodore's lacked straight line grunt compared to Nick Ross's Nissan.

Hopefully the weather is kinder to the competitors at Invercargill, and that a better assessment of the technical changes made to the TLX car's be made.

hi Mark

thank you for your report
heimgatner is someone ive been watching for a long time, hopefully he gets a seat in aussie.hes worthy
im picking numbers should increase once they reach manfeild.

I miss the lesters

they put on a good show.

and the weather is always a factor as we know.

HAMPTON DOWNS is where ill be going this weekend.

Hard to lose the motor racing bug

thanks mark go well for the rest of the season
Old 18 Jan 2016, 05:55 (Ref:3605804)   #327
Environmentalist177
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Environmentalist177 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my god!! This is taken from TKR Facebook page!

"As for paying for the new engine, well I just hope we can raise the funds from the sale of merchandise we will be selling at the promotional events we have scheduled throughout the South island this week, sales of merchandise at the track in Invercargill and I just hope I can find some more sponsorship for the TKR Development Academy between now and months end to help cover the replacement engine costs or MR VISA will not be very happy with me what so ever". said David John.

How on earth does he keep on spending money he doesn't have??? I think it's about time he leaves the sport until he can actually afford it!

Relying on selling merch to pay for a new engine when you are spending money on trips to Bathurst and Free Utes is not how you run a race team!
Old 18 Jan 2016, 06:05 (Ref:3605805)   #328
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
that was an interesting comment. i was also interested in why Superstock feels ripped off and cheated. there has been no outrage claims or over hyping of the new summer series. if anything.. the promotion has been a little underwhelming.
+1
Old 18 Jan 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3605834)   #329
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Environmentalist177 View Post
... or MR VISA will not be very happy with me what so ever". said David John.
That's pretty rich (pardon the pun) considering he has always claimed he doesn't have a credit card. I have never seen anyone go through so many engines, season after season. Could it be that he does cheap patch-up jobs that never last, yet never learns from lessons past?

Given the talent he's had slip through his fingers, you might think, had he done a proper job in terms of "driver development", how well the "team" may have done in the last few years.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 09:23 (Ref:3605845)   #330
EVORACER11
Rookie

EVORACER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was TKR not in qualify or race one on Saturday when the engine went on Sunday?
Strange how he puts up Baird will be back (but the car has been sold), I thought the whole deal with the development academy was to have him there helping Alissa,? I wouldn't think much merchandise would sell?
Old 18 Jan 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3605998)   #331
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Environmentalist177 View Post

Relying on selling merch to pay for a new engine when you are spending money on trips to Bathurst and Free Utes is not how you run a race team!
OMG you are joking right?? As if anyone will get a free ute or free trip to Bathurst! Mate, ya dreamin' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVORACER11 View Post
Why was TKR not in qualify or race one on Saturday when the engine went on Sunday?
Strange how he puts up Baird will be back (but the car has been sold), I thought the whole deal with the development academy was to have him there helping Alissa,? I wouldn't think much merchandise would sell?
Car broke the wheel studs off in qually, looking at them they had probably been in the car forever, and they had been partly broken for a while. They couldn't find/afford any replacements for the Saturday race but managed to borrow some for Sundays race(s).

The TKR development deal was that Baird would mentor Alyssa for the season, and lets be honest that would be a HUGE assistance to any young driver! and it was also a big draw card for her to sign with TKR. But when Bairdo wasnt getting paid that side of it all fell apart, contrary to what DJ has been telling people!
Old 18 Jan 2016, 22:09 (Ref:3606016)   #332
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What happened to Colorado?? We brought tickets for and never herd who won it! Or the all expenses trip to Bathurst....
Well winners have been drawn for both, apparently. Lets see if it becomes public knowledge who the winners are.
I see today he is offering more Bathurst 2016 trips.
"Come on down and challenge the TKR drivers on the TKR Simulator machines and meet TKR Development Academy Driver Alyssa Clapperton.
You could Win a trip to Bathurst 2016"

So how does a company that was liquidated end of last year have funds to support these prizes.
Something smells yet again..
Old 19 Jan 2016, 01:23 (Ref:3606062)   #333
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
If he is running shonky raffles the Dept of Internal Affairs needs to get involved - that sort of thing can mean serious jail time...
Old 19 Jan 2016, 02:53 (Ref:3606083)   #334
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR Web Site
"Actual Race Day Hot Laps with Kiwi Motorsport Legend Craig Baird." $295.00
then in smaller print,
"Hot laps will be in the actual TKR V8 Racecar with kiwi motorsport legend Craig Baird and Alyssa Clapperton doing the driving duties"

TKR Facebook posts
"Hey, is there still spots available for hotlaps with Craig Baird this weekend and can we pay on the day?"
reply:
"Hi -------. Only running one car this weekend which Alyssa Clapperton in driving. Still a great experience and half the price being $275"

Don't we all wish we had a 1/2 price deals
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:43 (Ref:3606096)   #335
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Bad maths aside, it would be hard for him to wriggle out of it if someone rocks up with the cash on the day - they would expect their ride then and there!
Old 19 Jan 2016, 09:51 (Ref:3606143)   #336
SKYpz
Rookie

SKYpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great racing series.

Last edited by SKYpz; 19 Jan 2016 at 09:56.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3606309)   #337
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
OMG you are joking right?? As if anyone will get a free ute or free trip to Bathurst! Mate, ya dreamin' !

Car broke the wheel studs off in qually, looking at them they had probably been in the car forever, and they had been partly broken for a while. They couldn't find/afford any replacements for the Saturday race but managed to borrow some for Sundays race(s).

The TKR development deal was that Baird would mentor Alyssa for the season, and lets be honest that would be a HUGE assistance to any young driver! and it was also a big draw card for her to sign with TKR. But when Bairdo wasnt getting paid that side of it all fell apart, contrary to what DJ has been telling people!

Apparently Alyssa's dad has paid a deposit on a fresh engine that is on its way South right now. The engine was recently rebuilt by Randle Edgell for a period Muscle Car that is no longer required. Not sure how legal it is for NZV8's, however, its a fresh engine so if nothing else goes wrong then hopefully Alyssa gets a good run this weekend.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3606316)   #338
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Remember the days when TKR had Martin Collins running things and Foggy and the late Jason Richards as their drivers? They were a pretty good operation in those days. I think they had Andy Booth for a while too didn't they?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3606377)   #339
EVORACER11
Rookie

EVORACER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently Alyssa's dad has paid a deposit on a fresh engine that is on its way South right now.
That's funny considering she made it public knowledge cheese rolls and works 2 jobs to pay for her racing and her dad hasn't put money in at all
Old 19 Jan 2016, 21:45 (Ref:3606383)   #340
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It also goes against their statement:

“Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) are very proud to announce today that we will be returning to the grass roots level of New Zealand motorsport this year with the supply of a vehicle FREE OF CHARGE through the TKR DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY for the most promising young Kiwi driver selected by the panel made up of key NZ Media, NZ Motorsport, NZ Public and Team Kiwi Racing representatives.”

(From the TKR Website).
Old 19 Jan 2016, 22:43 (Ref:3606407)   #341
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
That's funny considering she made it public knowledge cheese rolls and works 2 jobs to pay for her racing and her dad hasn't put money in at all
I did say "Apparently" Evo, The only fact I know is that the engine has left Randle's and is on its way South. The person that owns the engine would not have let the engine go without receiving a deposit and some other tangible security, that much I do know.

But hey, what ever, good to see Alyssa's at least able to run this weekend with a fresh engine.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 03:07 (Ref:3606754)   #342
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Checkout the cool article V8 Superfans wrote about Alyssa's dad making his debut in the NZ Touring Cars this weekend.

http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/ian-cla...-at-teretonga/
Old 23 Jan 2016, 01:41 (Ref:3607246)   #343
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
Checkout the cool article V8 Superfans wrote about Alyssa's dad making his debut in the NZ Touring Cars this weekend.

http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/ian-cla...-at-teretonga/
Not sure what happened to Alyssa, but only recorded on lai in practice, 30 seconds slower that the imiedate;y ahead of her so has to be some sort an issue.

The main issue right now is getting the pit wall barrier fixed after a massive truck crash. Apparently the organisers are saying they will run until 8pm if necessary to catch up time.

At least its dry down there, thank god for small mercy's!
Old 23 Jan 2016, 09:07 (Ref:3607269)   #344
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure what happened to Alyssa, but only recorded on lai in practice, 30 seconds slower that the imiedate;y ahead of her so has to be some sort an issue.

!
Think it may have been a transponder issue, there have been a few with flat batteries as people forget to charge them up before coming to a race meeting. Another good reason to hard wire them in.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 23:30 (Ref:3607994)   #345
Martin Collins
Rookie

New Zealand
Hampton Downs
Martin Collins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Remember the days when TKR had Martin Collins running things and Foggy and the late Jason Richards as their drivers? They were a pretty good operation in those days. I think they had Andy Booth for a while too didn't they?
Thanks Goat Boy, we did pretty well back in the day. Won a few championships, punched well above our weight in the V8 Supercar Championship and helped a number of young Kiwi drivers get a foot up in the sport.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 02:14 (Ref:3608002)   #346
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Good to hear from you Martin, hope things are well with you.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3608038)   #347
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Collins View Post
Thanks Goat Boy, we did pretty well back in the day. Won a few championships, punched well above our weight in the V8 Supercar Championship and helped a number of young Kiwi drivers get a foot up in the sport.
Yea Martin you were great at TKR in the good ol'days. Remember the strong results in 2005. When did you leave the team?
Old 26 Jan 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3608239)   #348
Martin Collins
Rookie

New Zealand
Hampton Downs
Martin Collins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
Yea Martin you were great at TKR in the good ol'days. Remember the strong results in 2005. When did you leave the team?
Thanks MarcosAmbroseFan. 2005 was a great year with a podium at the Shanghai round. I finished up at the end of the 2005 season.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 00:00 (Ref:3608303)   #349
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I'd forgotten they went to China for a while! Weren't they also planning Dubai or something at some stage? It doesn't seem to be as big as it used to be. Like the Wellington Sevens or anything else that has been around for a while.

My solution for the sevens would be to rotate around four cities, say AKL, WGTN, CHCH and DUN so you don't get it every year. Could even do that with the Supercars in Aussie, not so much here as there aren't many options track wise (that have a big enough airport nearby AND are a suitable circuit).
Old 28 Jan 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3608624)   #350
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
David John aka, TKR does not own a V8ST, he leased the car from Wayne Jacko Anderson [AV8] however, this car has now been sold to another party not connected to David John/TKR.

David John /TKR does own the old TL Commodore driven by Alysa Clapperton.
You now have that car and wayne your falcon.