Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Mar 2020, 08:11 (Ref:3967773)   #326
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Understand possible answer about what’s happening next week.
A season in a six week slot
Could be some Pre 24 races will be only historic stuff at Le Mans this year,
Old 31 Mar 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3967774)   #327
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No I didn’t see last para.
Could change to Goodwood set up .
20 min practise
One 30 min race . Job sorted in 24 hours!
People put up with it at Goodwood so why not LMC
Old 31 Mar 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3967780)   #328
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’ll pu that idea down to temporary loss of marbles due to confinement at home....
Whilst flicking through this thread it is evident that some contributors on here have probably never strayed too far from their armchair!
Old 31 Mar 2020, 09:04 (Ref:3967782)   #329
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Ever!?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3967801)   #330
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
No I didn’t see last para.
Could change to Goodwood set up .
20 min practise
One 30 min race . Job sorted in 24 hours!
People put up with it at Goodwood so why not LMC
Notable difference being a considerable entry fee.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3967858)   #331
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Can’t see PA giving a discount!
Old 1 Apr 2020, 05:57 (Ref:3967964)   #332
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Why would they? Having a look to the waiting lists, there's room for an increase.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3968196)   #333
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The limit on time has come when I can still cancel hotels and ferries without incurring any charges. Personally I`m afraid hope must give way to what John Cleese called "The Bleeding Obvious".
Having originally planned to do the Jaguar support race
the good news is. I don`t have to start chasing entry fee refunds.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3968206)   #334
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

We still have a week!
Old 2 Apr 2020, 18:58 (Ref:3968292)   #335
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Its an important and international meeting as you do know. I'm afraid they have to take in count the health situation not only in France but in other countries too. At the moment Albi is still scheduled mid July. So lets hope.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3968304)   #336
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It is unlikely the brake will be off before 1/7 and as most involved are old codgers are 60 plus we still be under lock and key
If Wimbledon is off,T de F, and all major events until mid July this won’t happen.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 05:22 (Ref:3968347)   #337
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You're right I'm afraid.
Old 6 Apr 2020, 13:52 (Ref:3968912)   #338
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
If there's anything happening before the Autumn i'll be amazed. It will be a bonus if anything gets confirmed before that?
Old 6 Apr 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3968933)   #339
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
In reality the whole year is screwed. I can't see anything much not being afffected by at very least knock on effects. travel restrictions will likely still be in place, IF and its a big IF say the revival happens it'll be more like a clubbie!
Old 7 Apr 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3969108)   #340
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
In reality the whole year is screwed. I can't see anything much not being afffected by at very least knock on effects. travel restrictions will likely still be in place, IF and its a big IF say the revival happens it'll be more like a clubbie!

Zef, this is tread creep as its best, Revival speculations in the LMC thread...

There is some speculation that the postponed Members Meeting might end up in the Revival calendar slot in whatever form possible at that point in time. On second thought not a crazy idea.

I agree that the knock on effect on historic racing will be felt way beyond end of June.

Had a phone conversation with a racing friend today, conclusion was in the end. Even speculation what racing we can get in later this year is completely pointless right now, as we have no idea how this will pan out and there are more important matters to worry about

RuE
Old 7 Apr 2020, 12:36 (Ref:3969109)   #341
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Zef, this is tread creep as its best, Revival speculations in the LMC thread...

There is some speculation that the postponed Members Meeting might end up in the Revival calendar slot in whatever form possible at that point in time. On second thought not a crazy idea.

I agree that the knock on effect on historic racing will be felt way beyond end of June.

Had a phone conversation with a racing friend today, conclusion was in the end. Even speculation what racing we can get in later this year is completely pointless right now, as we have no idea how this will pan out and there are more important matters to worry about

RuE
Quite . . . I'm mightily relieved not to be solely reliant on building engines for a living or we'd have hungry mouths! And thats a minor concern compared to some other issues close to home.
Old 7 Apr 2020, 21:06 (Ref:3969189)   #342
MichaelBirch
Rookie

MichaelBirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unconfirmed but expect to see it shortly....pay remainder of your entry on time now and it’s 2021! Good decision in my view.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 06:23 (Ref:3969250)   #343
MichaelBirch
Rookie

MichaelBirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
July 2021......so this years entries roll over if you pay your fees now.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 06:48 (Ref:3969253)   #344
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well , at least that’s something to look forward to . Hope my team mate has two good working shoulders by then . Mind you guess there is still more time for him to be Kangaroo’ed.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3969279)   #345
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
1st to 4th July 2021 to be precise. Sensible decision in my book!
Old 8 Apr 2020, 10:55 (Ref:3969293)   #346
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well , at least that’s something to look forward to . Hope my team mate has two good working shoulders by then . Mind you guess there is still more time for him to be Kangaroo’ed.
No doubt delta I will get into more trouble by then
For those not understanding delta’s comment I had a biceps tendon repair and rotator cuff repair of the shoulder in November to make me fit for throwing a Pre 67 V8 GT around the racetrack
The recovery was going well
Last Friday I was walking in the country and attacked by a kangaroo. The only escape was in the direction of a fence, over which I dived.....and of course landed on my operated shoulder, resulting in a nasty dislocation of the collar bone
I underwent a reduction and internal fixation of the injury today
And of course am incapacitated for a further period of time
So I am not too disappointed about the delay of LMC
Old 8 Apr 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3969306)   #347
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
No doubt delta I will get into more trouble by then
For those not understanding delta’s comment I had a biceps tendon repair and rotator cuff repair of the shoulder in November to make me fit for throwing a Pre 67 V8 GT around the racetrack
The recovery was going well
Last Friday I was walking in the country and attacked by a kangaroo. The only escape was in the direction of a fence, over which I dived.....and of course landed on my operated shoulder, resulting in a nasty dislocation of the collar bone
I underwent a reduction and internal fixation of the injury today
And of course am incapacitated for a further period of time
So I am not too disappointed about the delay of LMC
Your efforts to involve the reserve driver are much appreciated - but I fear are a little extreme !
Look after yourself and get well soon.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3969418)   #348
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
We still have a week!
You were only one day out John, impressive.
I am even more pleased to not have any money committed.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 05:02 (Ref:3969499)   #349
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No fee increase, and a date announced more than one year in advance we can't expect better from any organiser. Who's the Boss? PA!
Old 9 Apr 2020, 05:46 (Ref:3969511)   #350
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Your efforts to involve the reserve driver are much appreciated - but I fear are a little extreme !
Look after yourself and get well soon.
I will David thanks
I fear delta will replace me in the Elite if I don't come good soon haha