Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Mar 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2419448)   #26
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
And then have you got to pay extra for the rock festival? Im sure the chap who came in yesterday and said he had joined the Silverstone Spectators club said something about £150.00 for the whole year including entry to the festival.Have you tried ringing Silverstone direct.Im testing next Thursday might have a wonder over to the office and ask.
Silverstone Racing Club a wholly owned subsidery of the BRDC
£115-00 (135-00 family membership)per year gives you access to parking inside the circuit and club house and 2 guest passes and F1 testing. It does not give members tickets to events. A season ticket per person is £140=00 and does not include the Saturday & Sunday of the GP. Usual disclaimers
Old 19 Mar 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2419476)   #27
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Despite my support of the event, I may have an opportunity of being at Spa that weekend, but even if I don't go to Spa, I'd be reluctant to pay that amount. However, last year there were big discounts to be had if you applied early. Is that the case this year?
£79 if you buy in advance or £89 on th gate are the only two options for a three day pass.

As to concert entry for drivers and marshals.....since a standing ticket for Saturday is £40-50 and a seat costs £100-115 (and £10-15 for parking) I doubt there will be free tickets for 600 drivers and hundreds? of marshals. Having said that, since the Saturday concert runs from 8-10.30PM how can all marshals and drivers attend anyway when there is a 90 minute World sportscar race running from 7.45PM.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2419595)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At his age,he might not remember even having a wander.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2419599)   #29
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do not know what drivers pay for an entry fee at this meeting but I am sure it is enough to cover the concert as well, the drivers pay to entertain the "crowds" why should they not be entertained as well and all 600 will not be in the night race. As for marshals, they give numerous hours a year to Silverstone (and other circuits) free of charge, they are not paid so why not give a perk of a concert ticket. Not all marshals "work" for all 3 days at this meeting as breaks are rarely adequate and you never get a chance to look around other areas, so many marshals will be free on the Saturday evening, there is also a Friday concert that will not clash with circuit activities that they could attend.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 06:27 (Ref:2419961)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your slap in the middle of a financial crisis,people a bit cash strapped ,so what better way of ensuring the future of this event? Put ALL prices up!,seemed like a good idea at the time!.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2419985)   #31
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw Santana in the 74 when my mother took me to Knebworth.. dont remember much about him but Alex Harvey was brilliant - even to an 11 year old!
To be fair £79 pounds for 3 days sounds very good value compared to a Badminton or any other 3 day event... let us focus on the positives. Shame if Razorlight have pulled as I am told they are very good in concert
Old 20 Mar 2009, 08:48 (Ref:2420032)   #32
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Your slap in the middle of a financial crisis,people a bit cash strapped ,so what better way of ensuring the future of this event? Put ALL prices up!,seemed like a good idea at the time!.
Common sense is not trait of character that falls easy at Silverstone, it is after all run basicly by 'professional' racing drivers, who in common sense values come pretty near the level of Cave Diving group members.
Example; Change gear ratios 10 minutes before race to achieve lap times 2 seconds slower than practice, sorry qually
Old 20 Mar 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2420079)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
On a serios note is there not anything 10/10th can do about tickets. Must have some influence.
Iain, the level of our influence is what is uttered publicly on this site.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2420114)   #34
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Murray View Post
Who the fuzz are Santana?
Don't they show football on the telly.....
Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2420120)   #35
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Don't they show football on the telly.....
I allus thowt they were what our lass put in cakes
Old 20 Mar 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2420171)   #36
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
What is the cost for Woodgood as I understand that you need to join the GRRC for 160 Pounds (or whatever it is)to get Paddock tickets.
The cost at Silverstone should be compared with Goodwood revival as there are no other fair comparisons.Badminton could be compared with British GP costs as it is the top World 3 Day Event and also not a mainstream UK sport but does get 150000 people through the gate,a figure that the BGP would have liked to approach in the past ten years.Lots more jockey's than race drivers although now days they are same size
Old 20 Mar 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2420225)   #37
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
three day eventers do not need to be PORG's! I am looking forward to it whether I am competing or spectating
Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2420515)   #38
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
What is the cost for Woodgood as I understand that you need to join the GRRC for 160 Pounds (or whatever it is)to get Paddock tickets.
Correct John, plus a £60-00 joining fee plus £90-00 per ticket Plus if there is a vacancy available for membership and at present as far as I am aware applications are closed. I am not a member of GRRC, though a member of the Aero Club no special advantage as far as festival and revival are concerned.

Last edited by p261brm; 20 Mar 2009 at 21:37. Reason: addition
Old 20 Mar 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2420612)   #39
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Laurence Bloom Memorial Trophy

With regards to the Mini races does anyone here know who Laurence Bloom was? The Mini races are for the Laurence Bloom Memorial Trophy but I haven't got a clue who he was and what his connection to the Mini was. Can anyone enlighten me please?
Old 21 Mar 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2420736)   #40
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Laurence Bloom Memorial Trophy
Doubt it was this feller but a guy with that monica was selling slaves and other tardily aquired items in 1693
Old 24 Mar 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2423753)   #41
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To get this back on track to JR's original post, I'm happy to bring some (well, OK a couple of cases of) beer along to this. For that reason, Saturday early evening seems the best bet, before the concert?

Anyone else for a BBQ?

Suggest that if we do get asked to pay another £80 for concert tickets, that instead it might be better if Delta parks his awning/truck as close as possible to the stage, and we use the concert as background music!

J

Quote:
Roger mentioned about this last year. Im more than happy to offer the Delta truck awning for a get together.Would be nice.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2423770)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer View Post
To get this back on track to JR's original post, I'm happy to bring some (well, OK a couple of cases of) beer along to this. For that reason, Saturday early evening seems the best bet, before the concert?

Anyone else for a BBQ?

J

What,you want someone to come in a Morgan?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2423782)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thats fine by me SZ. Great idea.Alan Morgan loves cooking he will be in charge of the BBQ. On a serios note will we need to know who is comming and i would like to ask 10/10 marshalls as well.Will sort out nearer the time.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2423854)   #44
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Delta, on behalf of the orange brigade, thanks for the invite.
Despite earlier rumours Group C is back on the menu with a 1 hour race on saturday and a 30 min sprint on Sunday.

Where will the concerts be held? if the circuit are charging £10 for car parking I have my doubts if it will be on the circuit itself, could it be at Stowe School? just a thought!!!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2423931)   #45
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been in the wilderness for a couple of weeks. But my offer from last year stands that we will put on drinks and maybe bbq for marshals if there is nothing formal arranged.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2423932)   #46
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsport View Post
With regards to the Mini races does anyone here know who Laurence Bloom was? The Mini races are for the Laurence Bloom Memorial Trophy but I haven't got a clue who he was and what his connection to the Mini was. Can anyone enlighten me please?
I believe he was someone closely affiliated to the organisers who passed away not so long ago and who had a real interest in Minis.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2424914)   #47
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking at going to this meet (as a spectator obviously), I'll keep and eye on the thread
Old 26 Mar 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2425219)   #48
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Alan Morgan loves cooking he will be in charge of the BBQ
It would have been nice to have been asked...

And Delta will be in charge of the entertainment

Old 27 Mar 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2425950)   #49
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The cost at Silverstone should be compared with Goodwood revival as there are no other fair comparisons.Badminton could be compared with British GP costs as it is the top World 3 Day Event and also not a mainstream UK sport but does get 150000 people through the gate,a figure that the BGP would have liked to approach in the past ten years.Lots more jockey's than race drivers although now days they are same size
Just been looking at the entry fees. now John I understand your attraction to the Edwardian era
Old 27 Mar 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2426042)   #50
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I would think the Edwardian race is cheap as the bloke now running the Silverstone show is an Edwardian fan.
Not my era as to many specials and most are rubbish to drive.

First decent cars are 30's and our entry fees are same as for later cars.Have decided to take 30's car to Monterey rather than Silverstone.