Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Jul 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2928428)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
good boy
Old 20 Jul 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2929063)   #27
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine got through scrut at both Snetterton & Brands since the new ruling came in & it has 2 bends.

In hindsight, maybe we should all keep quiet & don't make too much fuss, most scrutineers don't seem that interested!!!
Old 21 Jul 2011, 05:00 (Ref:2929263)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 105 Mad View Post
In hindsight, maybe we should all keep quiet & don't make too much fuss, most scrutineers don't seem that interested!!!
I wouldn't say they are not interested, but sometimes maybe a matter of how much information they have been given?

But you are right about not making too much fuss. At start of season a helmet manufacturer had certification withdrawn on two helmet models. I checked if mine was one of the two and it wasn't. Talking about it to scrutineers at first meeting, they knew about the withdrawl but had not got specific information and assumed it applied to all helmets from that manufacturer. Luckily I had printed off the FIA release and the model info from makers website, so all was well. Since then I have just presented the helmet at scrutineering without mentioning the make and the subject has not been raised......
Old 21 Jul 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2929283)   #29
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just goes to prove my contention....don't confuse a scrutineer with the facts
Old 21 Jul 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2929442)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds as though IF the Roll Cage had of been mounted on top of most car sill's,there would not have been a problem. No scrutineer seem's to pick up on welded in Cages whereas I always thought they should be bolted in,or have i not been paying attention?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2929469)   #31
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Sounds as though IF the Roll Cage had of been mounted on top of most car sill's,there would not have been a problem. No scrutineer seem's to pick up on welded in Cages whereas I always thought they should be bolted in,or have i not been paying attention?
K 1.3.2
cage foot plates... may be bolted or welded to the reinforcing plates..... which must be welded to the car
Old 22 Jul 2011, 06:07 (Ref:2929690)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as the material that is being used is 3mm.? Seems like the issue is where cages are just being bolted to the floor panel,thus leading to the extra bend to clear the sill. Whereas if the cage mounts were as far outward as possible,then the extra bend should not be required.