Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 13 Mar 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3963872)   #776
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Mrs Tim had to go shopping, no delivery slots available until next week, she said it was manic. There were shortages of certain things like pasta and toilet roll but surprisingly plenty of fruit and veg and other healthy foods, She did do a bit of panic buying though.....just in case like
What about gin and red wine supplies???

Need to wipe over surfaces with alcohol based solutions. The inside of my mouth and throat may need wiping over with alcohol based solutions!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 15:21 (Ref:3963875)   #777
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
What about gin and red wine supplies???

Need to wipe over surfaces with alcohol based solutions. The inside of my mouth and throat may need wiping over with alcohol based solutions!
this exactly, I'm self sterilising from the inside out this evening.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3963877)   #778
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Today Sainsbury's had no paracetamol, hand sanitizer or toilet rolls. The first two I can understand, but...…. is there any reason to suppose there is a greater need than normal for the third?

Please keep any replies within the bounds of decency.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 15:48 (Ref:3963884)   #779
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a question of ratios, one person in a crowd sneezes and two hundred s**t themselves.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 15:51 (Ref:3963886)   #780
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be because some people, like me, may use them as cheaper forms of tissues. I keep a (freshly opened) roll on the desk where the computer is.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 15:53 (Ref:3963887)   #781
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Today Sainsbury's had no paracetamol, hand sanitizer or toilet rolls. The first two I can understand, but...…. is there any reason to suppose there is a greater need than normal for the third?
I depends on the order and "place" you intend to use paracetamol and sanitizer…*All I can suggest is to read the user's manual, sinon, forcément, c'est la merde!
Andy? Champagne!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3963891)   #782
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The shortages of loo rolls is symptomatic of the infantile behaviour of so many of society's so called adults. Their actions, in many ways, mirrors those of children, who when told not to touch something because it is hot, will almost immediately reach out to test just how hot the object is!

This behaviour has repeated itself many times over the years, as is similar to the false rumour that was started many, many moons ago that the Siberian salt miners had gone on strike (I'm sure that at that time they just wished that they had an option to withdraw their forced labour). The ensuing panic, despite all efforts to stop it, caused the supermarket shelves to be stripped bare of all types of salt within hours!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3963908)   #783
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Nice Pete, Mines a 4003s . . . about 1988, a 63 reissue, twin truss rods, and amazingly they work. Graham Wheeler is the man I use, very good, and local ( Sussex) I don't know much about 4005 . . .Mani from the Stone Roses used to play them. BoT ( before Mike tells us off ) one of my Winter projects this year has been a Dynelectron made by Meazzi, a dano longhorn copy, as played by Walter Becker.

http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2013/10/...nelectron.html
Rather than carry on further down the long and windy off topic road I'll just say that Dynelectron is a fine looking bass, and if a 4005 is good enough for Mani it must be ok.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 16:30 (Ref:3963909)   #784
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Please keep any replies within the bounds of decency.
Fear and the not knowing how long, plus you can never have to much bog roll .
Old 13 Mar 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3963912)   #785
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And pasta. What will happen when the tins/packets of tomato puree run out?
Old 13 Mar 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3963923)   #786
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Really? No more tomato purée? This time its serious!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3963930)   #787
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Andy? Champagne!
Not a massive fan, I am afraid, Gerard. I will drink it, but over hyped mouth wash imho!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 17:29 (Ref:3963931)   #788
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll have yours then.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3963937)   #789
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not a massive fan, I am afraid, Gerard. I will drink it, but over hyped mouth wash imho!
Don't let my other half hear you say that! Any excuse in her book...
Old 13 Mar 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3963953)   #790
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'll have yours then.
You’d be welcome, if I ever get to taste any on the podium.
Very unlikely. Lol!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3963956)   #791
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At this time a nice glass of something seems like a good idea. Will probably go with the wine
Old 13 Mar 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3963975)   #792
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
You’d be welcome, if I ever get to taste any on the podium.
Very unlikely. Lol!
Oddly enough a mate gave me a report from my Metro race at Cadwell in 1992. I won. I remember the bubbly.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3963978)   #793
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
I’m more likely to get the wooden spoon!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 19:23 (Ref:3963990)   #794
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Come and race in France Andy, they will be nice with you and won't play hard…
Old 13 Mar 2020, 20:13 (Ref:3964011)   #795
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Come and race in France Andy, they will be nice with you and won't play hard…
Not sure i believe that Gerard!
Old 14 Mar 2020, 04:27 (Ref:3964091)   #796
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
And pasta. What will happen when the tins/packets of tomato puree run out?
They did in my local supermarket.... no puree no Spaghetti sauces and no canned tomatoes. On the night I had thawed a heap of mince to make a sag bol.
As Gerrymo might say... sacré bleu.

But I have more toilet paper that said supermarket. A friend delivered a carton last night. His brother works for a manufacturer!
Old 14 Mar 2020, 06:56 (Ref:3964099)   #797
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now you confirm its the same in your inverted area EB, I'm convinced there's something really serious about toilet paper, our future must be… clean! We must flush our dirty past some ET's are pushing hard to lead the way. Forget Nostradamus, Paco Rabanne and Leonardo da! What to do with this paper in excess is THE good question…
Old 14 Mar 2020, 07:12 (Ref:3964103)   #798
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
They did in my local supermarket.... no puree no Spaghetti sauces and no canned tomatoes. On the night I had thawed a heap of mince to make a sag bol.
As Gerrymo might say... sacré bleu.

But I have more toilet paper that said supermarket. A friend delivered a carton last night. His brother works for a manufacturer!
Is a sag bol without the spaghetti?

I had a very nice spag bol last night - there's some left, shall I send it?
Old 14 Mar 2020, 07:13 (Ref:3964104)   #799
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Now you confirm its the same in your inverted area EB, I'm convinced there's something really serious about toilet paper, our future must be… clean! We must flush our dirty past some ET's are pushing hard to lead the way. Forget Nostradamus, Paco Rabanne and Leonardo da! What to do with this paper in excess is THE good question…

What happens to the drains when it all gets flushed away at the same time? Will we be in the sh1t?
Old 14 Mar 2020, 07:29 (Ref:3964106)   #800
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not you directly, but the whales, koalas and scooter riders will suffer a lot… Sad.