Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 May 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3975574)   #351
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The broadcast is to prevent crowds, it's not a condition of holding the event.

I could literally broadcast a club meeting on Facebook live.
And it costs £17k in top of all the other costs - who pays?
Old 11 May 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3975576)   #352
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
And it costs £17k in top of all the other costs - who pays?
Why pull in a full broadcast crew for a club event?

Broadcasting on Facebook live is free.
Old 11 May 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3975580)   #353
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why pull in a full broadcast crew for a club event?

Broadcasting on Facebook live is free.
How is it filmed?
CSCC broadcast on either Facebook or UTube, but someone has to provide that filming infrastructure/ service. They were not filming in HD, it wasnt on Sky and Martin Brundle wasnt doing the commentry! tThat's what it costs. For a club meeting.
Old 11 May 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3975584)   #354
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
How is it filmed?
CSCC broadcast on either Facebook or UTube, but someone has to provide that filming infrastructure/ service. They were not filming in HD, it wasnt on Sky and Martin Brundle wasnt doing the commentry! tThat's what it costs. For a club meeting.
Why?
You're talking about a professional film crew.

IF broadcasting is mandatory (and I'm not sure it is), then it can be achieved with a WiFi capable 4k camcorder and an internet connection for less than a couple of hundred.
Old 11 May 2020, 17:46 (Ref:3975585)   #355
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kart racing at every Whilton Mill club event is live streamed with a commentator for free. YouTube and Facebook both rim it, it's done by Alpha Live who also handle the timing. There's no extra cost. They have I think three cameras.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2020, 18:17 (Ref:3975588)   #356
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I think the government is meaning what most people would recognise as televised sport that can be run responsibly behind closed doors without spectators, not a club meeting attempting to 'broadcast' an event so they can still hold it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2020, 18:17 (Ref:3975589)   #357
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Why?
You're talking about a professional film crew.

IF broadcasting is mandatory (and I'm not sure it is), then it can be achieved with a WiFi capable 4k camcorder and an internet connection for less than a couple of hundred.
Crack on then, there’s a business opportunity for you.
Old 11 May 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3975591)   #358
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Crack on then, there’s a business opportunity for you.
I'm not suggesting it would be suitable for professional broadcasting, just a more affordable way of ticking the box of 'broadcast', if that became a mandatory requirement.

I don't think it is, and it's not what the Government are aiming at. But, it may potentially be a way of demonstrating that an event will be held behind closed doors, because it is available to view online.

It's all speculation at the moment though, and we're a long way from the conditions required for step 2.
But to suggest that 17k is required to have any form of broadcast is preposterous.
Old 11 May 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3975592)   #359
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
I'm not suggesting it would be suitable for professional broadcasting, just a more affordable way of ticking the box of 'broadcast', if that became a mandatory requirement.

I don't think it is, and it's not what the Government are aiming at. But, it may potentially be a way of demonstrating that an event will be held behind closed doors, because it is available to view online.

It's all speculation at the moment though, and we're a long way from the conditions required for step 2.
But to suggest that 17k is required to have any form of broadcast is preposterous.
It cant be preposterous if that is what it cost.
Lets not let facts get in the way, though.
Old 11 May 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3975597)   #360
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It cant be preposterous if that is what it cost.
Lets not let facts get in the way, though.
I said to have any form, not the form that broadcast took.
The Olympics costs a lot more.
F1, premier league and others will also cost more.

But it can also be done for a lot less, and it depends on the scale and quality of coverage required.

Maybe a better way to phrase it: it's preposterous to suggest that the cheapest way to broadcast a club level motorsport event costs 17k.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way though. If you still struggle to understand how - here's a guide- https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-live-stream-a-sporting-event-using-equipmen/
Old 11 May 2020, 20:26 (Ref:3975604)   #361
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the exchange above only directly concerns stage 2, which may only be June, when competitive events have already been ruled out by Motorsports UK. The situation in stage 3 - possibly from the start of July - remains less clear
Old 12 May 2020, 06:54 (Ref:3975635)   #362
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
New french national calendars just released. Historic tracks should be
14/16 August Dijon, 28/30 August Charade, 11/13 September Nogaro and 25/27 September Val de Vienne. Question mark on Albi 17/19 July. All health precautions will apply.
Old 12 May 2020, 07:05 (Ref:3975637)   #363
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
How does that work with what we understand is a government sports ban until 1/9
We have noted that CER Ricard meeting still on calendar

If it works could be good as travel between France and UK is allowed and assume this will be extended to Shengen or however you spell it, by July?
Old 12 May 2020, 07:05 (Ref:3975638)   #364
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Why is anyone interested in broadcasting a typical club event , especially on the cheap? I was at the CSCC event , and I can see why it cost a decent amount - but that was a well publicised and well supported event with months of planning. But nobody will watch a ten lap club race shot on two iphones - why bother? Who watches ? The 27 people who turn up to most Croft Saturdays ? Just hold the event and allow a gradual return to normal as time permits - but no need for TV at all
Old 12 May 2020, 07:09 (Ref:3975639)   #365
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Club races used to be a staple TV programme many years ago.
Highlight was Boxing Day Brands
You never know.
2 m rule , no chance people will take no notice!
Some prat will do their own thing
Old 12 May 2020, 07:14 (Ref:3975641)   #366
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Why is anyone interested in broadcasting a typical club event , especially on the cheap? I was at the CSCC event , and I can see why it cost a decent amount - but that was a well publicised and well supported event with months of planning. But nobody will watch a ten lap club race shot on two iphones - why bother? Who watches ? The 27 people who turn up to most Croft Saturdays ? Just hold the event and allow a gradual return to normal as time permits - but no need for TV at all
Yes, I think the idea of 'running the event behind closed doors but it will be broadcast' idea is for events that would attract large numbers of spectators which obviously cannot be happening at the moment. So, having the meeting broadcast enables this 'large number of spectators' to still watch the GP, BTCC, WEC or whatever.
If it's a club meeting that would have only attracted a handful of hardy enthusiastic spectators, then unfortunately for them, at the moment they're not going to be allowed in because of social distancing regulation, but the meeting could still be run.
That's the way I see it anyway, but just my personal opinion.
Old 12 May 2020, 07:20 (Ref:3975643)   #367
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
You never know.
This is club racing on TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawBXWWgqCI

There are a lot of prats out there already.
Old 12 May 2020, 08:58 (Ref:3975658)   #368
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

You never know.

They get a reasonable number on the Whilton Mill Karting stream. And not only proud grandparents!

I see Blyton Park is taking circuit hire bookings from Wednesday. "If golf clubs can do it so can we."

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 12 May 2020, 09:46 (Ref:3975671)   #369
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I do rather hope that circuits like Croft might allow the season ticket holders to attend early meetings. There aren't very many of us and I suspect most people have taken my approach of not bleating about refunds etc in the hope that our patience , and payment , might be recognised in future .
Old 12 May 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3975687)   #370
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Coppice, according to Boris Johnson's Masterplan by the end of June groups of less than thirty people will be allowed to congregate. If it's just the 27 regulars and you're kept away from the pit and paddock area you should be fine.
Old 12 May 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3975692)   #371
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s see if it works, it might do. Depends what the event is. I’m sure we’ll get something done
Old 12 May 2020, 16:35 (Ref:3975745)   #372
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
How does that work with what we understand is a government sports ban until 1/9
We have noted that CER Ricard meeting still on calendar
If it works could be good as travel between France and UK is allowed and assume this will be extended to Schengen or however you spell it, by July?
Sorry John, I know absolutely nobody able to answer your questions at the moment. I'm surprised too that Ricard still appears on the PA calendar. The info given is from FFSA website and concerns national historic track events.
The nearest date for me, it works only for me, is Dijon 15 Aug at best.
Old 12 May 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3975749)   #373
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I note that the Times today indicates that the British GP double headers are "in doubt" as negotiation with F1 chiefs over financing the races has reached an impasse" - and they could be moved to Hockenheim. Apparently the BBC reported that F1 thought Silverstone was making "unreasonable" demands - although F1 had waived the £15 million race fee, Silverstone reportedly asked for the same amount to stage the event, before lowering their demand......

Sounds like they don't want the hassle.......
Old 12 May 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3975752)   #374
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the Racing Post the ban on sports until September in France relates only to team sports, e.g. football, rugby etc hence why French horse racing was able to hold its first meetings since the lockdown yesterday and some historic car meetings are scheduled for August. One of the French race meetings was held in Longchamps, which I believe is a suburb of Paris albeit with no spectators allowed.
Old 12 May 2020, 17:27 (Ref:3975755)   #375
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is an update on the MSUK website from last Thursday about conversations with the government. It is actually, and rather surprisingly, quite optimistic in tone. I do think smaller venues and low profile events may well get to start up in July or August if things go well with the easing of the lockdown