Old 14 Apr 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1277919)   #1
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
TheFLC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Logitech Driving Force (not pro)

Hi guys,

Just got one this morning, however I can't feel any force feedback in GT3 or GT4. I opened it up and disconnected the motor, and it felt like there was a slight loss of resistance.

However, I don't get any shuddering over curbs or anything. Is there supposed to be?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 14 Apr 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1277925)   #2
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Can you feel anything when you play with it in windows?

Control Panel | Game Controllers...

If the drivers are installed propperly then you get all kind of funky actions and noises when you press the buttons and peddles...

Last edited by Cougar; 14 Apr 2005 at 11:07.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1277935)   #3
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
Right, I hooked it up to the PC with the drivers from www.wingmanteam.com version 4.5 I think (not beta).

In the control panel, the buttons, pedals etc work, and they trigger noises. Is it supposed to shake the wheel or something? Because it definitely isn't.

Thanks for your quick reply
Old 14 Apr 2005, 11:33 (Ref:1277942)   #4
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah you are supposed to get force-feedback as well as noises...

Either theres a setting you need to click to switch it "on" (im not at home now and I cant recall what settings there are) or the wheel is faulty?

have a play around there... If it doesnt work there I doubt it will work in any games. Also make sure you have the correct drivers... But I would think you do have...

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1277946)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I opened it up and disconnected the motor
Excuse my ignorance, but why??

Last edited by ASCII Man; 14 Apr 2005 at 11:42.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1277947)   #6
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
aha, I've got a dodgy connection on the power

if I wiggle it when it's about half way in then I get the forces. I think this is probably going to be a maplin job.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1277948)   #7
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Excuse my ignorance, but why??
I wanted to know, if there was any difference between it connected and disconnected. This is my first FF wheel and wasn't sure what it was supposed to feel like.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1278026)   #8
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
Cougar, when you get the chance, could you please give me the ratings from your power supply? I get the feeling that the one I have is not actually the one from logitech. Does it say Logitech on yours?

Thanks
Old 14 Apr 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1278275)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Every power supply from Logitech wheels should have the Logitech logo and such on it.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1278319)   #10
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK

OMG!!!! I managed to get the wheel working for a good long while Been playing GT4, racing my M3. I've played every version of Gran Turismo so far. This is my first time doing it with a wheel, and WOW.

You cannot imagine the grin on my face right now!!! I've downloaded SCC for F1C and hopefully try that out later.

I called Logitech's support earlier today and they're sending me out a brand new power supply, hopefully that will solve my problems for good. The PSU I have right now, doesn't say Logitech anywhere on it.

Cheers for all the help guys, might be getting GTR this weekend (visiting Spudgun) and I'll think about getting GPL.

Wooohoooo
Old 14 Apr 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1278398)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

Logitech technical support has always been top notch!
Old 15 Apr 2005, 07:54 (Ref:1278620)   #12
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been naggin' him for years to get an FF wheel. Once you get FF you never look back.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1278672)   #13
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Sorry only see this this morning.. But you seem to be sorted out anyway

Happy Racing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFLC
Cougar, when you get the chance, could you please give me the ratings from your power supply? I get the feeling that the one I have is not actually the one from logitech. Does it say Logitech on yours?

Thanks

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1278703)   #14
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun
I've been naggin' him for years to get an FF wheel. Once you get FF you never look back.
Indeed, I have seen the light Can't wait to get into some online races, I'll probably never be very quick, but I have a big heart and try hard

Thanks Cougar. That replacement PSU can't get here quick enough, the one I have has crapped out again Oh well, not to worry, I'll get to play GTR on Spudgun's new rig tomorrow (with his hand controls )
Old 15 Apr 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1278752)   #15
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFLC
Oh well, not to worry, I'll get to play GTR on Spudgun's new rig tomorrow (with his hand controls )
Don't forget GPL.

*ANNOUNCEMENT* I have convinced this person to get GPL. Hopefully we'll have another vict... *cough* participant in the TTFRL.

And there's nothing wrong with my preferred driving method thank you very much.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 10:20 (Ref:1281061)   #16
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
Got a new power supply from Logitech in the post this morning, so yeah I'll agree they have top notch customer service and support.

I'm working at the moment but did get the chance to try it on the ps2 this morning, and it fired up instantly.

Also, bought GTR at the weekend, not played it much because the wheel kept playing up on the old power supply. Gonna have some serious fun tonight methinks

Thanks again for all the help guys, oh and btw. If you currently use pedals for throttle and brake, don't even attempt hand controls :P