Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 May 2008, 06:13 (Ref:2210177)   #1
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
The Racing Network Online Petition

If your tired of Speed's antics with anything that isn't a lifestyle show or NASCAR related.

SIGN it and SPREAD the WORD!

http://theracingnetwork.com/

I've had it up to HERE, we need another outlet!

Speed has seen fit to shorten coverage of the 24 hours of Le Mans (again!) like fans wouldn't notice and give no real excuse for doing so!

This is unacceptable, I have delt with Speed, send them angry emails, they delete my post on their forum, I've just had it.

Here was the last update on TRN - March 2008

Quote:
Hello race fans...let me give you a long overdue update:

We have made some great progress but as you can tell, the original launch date and deadlines we anticipated are not going to be met. Normally this can be perceived as a bad thing but in this case, it is good news. In fact I have waited to update you because there have been a few times I thought we were close to giving you some real detail but couldn’t quite get there.

We have cleared almost all of the hurdles we needed to and it is only because the concept has actually grown that it has taken longer than first envisioned. I think we are close and all of the momentum is behind us. Every group and entity we have discussed TRN immediately understands the need and most have lined up straight away. I know comments like this are great for your fertile minds and serves as red meat for speculation so have at it!!

I know it can be frustrating but I am not in a position to discuss the who’s, how’s and where’s yet but I do feel that barring any unforeseen land mines, (and land mines do exist as we all know), we will get there.

I am so thankful for your passion which is the only reason we have come as far as we have…..

Jim Liberatore
I personally believe Jim should go the IPTV route that way you know by sales of set-top boxes and PC tuner cards just how many people support the network, instead of using traditional mediums.

SIGN IT!
Old 24 May 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2210458)   #2
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I signed it!
Old 24 May 2008, 16:58 (Ref:2210612)   #3
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too...getting a few cronies on the case as well!
Old 26 May 2008, 02:18 (Ref:2211881)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The purpose of the question on the main page has long since passed. The page and forum have been up for nine months now. Signing the "petition" won't hurt at this point, but it really won't do anything positive either.

The network continues to move towards a launch, but the final launch date isn't yet known. Keep an eye on the forum for updates.
Old 26 May 2008, 06:14 (Ref:2211933)   #5
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
The purpose of the question on the main page has long since passed. The page and forum have been up for nine months now. Signing the "petition" won't hurt at this point, but it really won't do anything positive either.

The network continues to move towards a launch, but the final launch date isn't yet known. Keep an eye on the forum for updates.
Nine months? Jim addressed the forum in March 2008 not March 2007.

Are you trying to throw cold water on it?

Yes plans are moving forward and like I said I am sure its been delayed because of the Digital TV change coming up Feb of 2009. Why pay for analog equipment only to trash it all in 10 months and broadcast in digital???

I know its coming, likely in 2009 or this winter...
Old 26 May 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2212354)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
Nine months? Jim addressed the forum in March 2008 not March 2007.

Are you trying to throw cold water on it?

Yes plans are moving forward and like I said I am sure its been delayed because of the Digital TV change coming up Feb of 2009. Why pay for analog equipment only to trash it all in 10 months and broadcast in digital???

I know its coming, likely in 2009 or this winter...

The questionnaire on the front page, was to judge interest in the concept in order to sell it to investors and networks. The data from the questionnaire has been mined, and any further data is irrelevant. I'm just saying that there is no need to "SPREAD THE WORD". The work is done, and the deals are being worked on.

I am fully aware of what the Administrator of that forum posted, when it was posted, and how it came to be posted. Jim has not posted on the forum for some time.

You are incorrect regarding the delays, or reasoning.
Old 27 May 2008, 20:42 (Ref:2213434)   #7
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
The questionnaire on the front page, was to judge interest in the concept in order to sell it to investors and networks. The data from the questionnaire has been mined, and any further data is irrelevant. I'm just saying that there is no need to "SPREAD THE WORD". The work is done, and the deals are being worked on.

I am fully aware of what the Administrator of that forum posted, when it was posted, and how it came to be posted. Jim has not posted on the forum for some time.

You are incorrect regarding the delays, or reasoning.
Whatever you say, I suppose you know more than I do since I'm a typical American that has his nose to the grindstone, no health care and a media that won't tell the truth....

Anything I say is speculation at best unless I back it up with a LINK...