Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1002790)   #26
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
btw , i never send a e-mail to anybody . should i do that ??

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1002795)   #27
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't yet either...
Tony said send him with the rules or something:confused:
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1002796)   #28
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If you could email (not a pm if poss) me the full rules and have your email adress to use for any rule changes, etc.
Perhaps Tony could explain what he means?
Old 14 Jun 2004, 05:04 (Ref:1003111)   #29
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone clarify would you need to do a stop go penalty if there was an accident in front of you and you had no time to react ,or you take a course that suddenly a car moves on to the piece of track or grass in my case and you rear end them?

This happended in a on line race twice to me.

Pete
Old 14 Jun 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1003374)   #30
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
No, you take a penalty for an avoidable incident, such as going for a gap that simply wasn't there or something. It really only came into effect once last season when Ayse punted me off on lap one going into Parabolica at Monza by pulling a move from too far back.
If you and others were just a victim of circumstance then thats just racing
Old 14 Jun 2004, 17:10 (Ref:1003780)   #31
petestenning
Veteran

Thanks Pirenzo i just wasnt sure i am now satisfied. Anyway i wont be close enough to overtake too often.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1003811)   #32
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Pete, welcome to the TTFRL

Can I make a suggestion to you? Check out http://gplrank.schuerkamp.de/php-pub/gplrank.php and create a GPLRank account. By uploading your player.ini file you will be able to check the progress of your laptimes, and make use of other useful features such as history graphs, and comparing your times to other drivers (as an idea, I've "buddied" all of the other TTFRL drivers, to check how I'm doing against them).

In the meantime, maybe post a few of your times to give us a feel for your speed. I think you might be exaggerating anyway Irrespective of your speed, there's usually a good race to be had thanks to the varying levels of ability/experience in the league. There's usually a big leading group consisting of pirenzo, Ayse, Ozy, Tony, Damon and Spud, where you can never really tell who's gonna win the next race Then just behind them, you've got me, Dani and (if they show up ) Try Hard and ASCII. We're the drivers with positive ranks on GPLRank atm, but particularly Dani and I are closing in fast on negativity, and Spud and Tony are our next targets...

See you on the grid in ZA
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 14 Jun 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1004052)   #33
petestenning
Veteran

Thanks Crozier i have a gplrank +300 and something so i am slow believe me i have been practicing a lot with the 65 mod now i have sorted out my gearing a bit i am getting quicker.I need more time on the game.

In on line races i am as quick as some in the corners but still losing out on the straights, i will get the gearing spot on one day.

Regards Pete
Old 15 Jun 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1004959)   #34
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
For anybody who's interested, I've done some 9 lap runs at Kyalami in the BRM to see what a good pace should be. Obviously thats about 1/3 of a race distance.

I've used my times to estimate a few things about race pace for a full distance. A good time from a standing start is about 1m28.00, and then the race pace should begin in the mid-22s for the first couple of laps before settling into the 1m21.5 to 1m22.5 range for the second third. In the final 9 laps consistent 1m21s should be possible, with a few laps towards the end into the 1m20s.
FWIW, my best standing start time on 9 laps fuel was 1m27.40, and my best overall time (bearing in mind I was trying to keep it on track the whole time) was a 1m20.98.
The penalty for running wide onto the grass without a spin is pretty steep, you lose about 3 to 5 seconds.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1004970)   #35
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BRM P115 Rocks!

It should be fun, and practicing at least with this should be cool
Attached Thumbnails
screen002ed.jpg  
Old 15 Jun 2004, 21:49 (Ref:1005318)   #36
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but I was away karting all weekend and i am having vbad problems with internet access at the moment,

As far as I am concerend as long as you have read and understood the rules, you do not need to email me. When we have the first race I will ask you in vroc to send me your upto date email address, so that i have a copy of it if needs be.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1005356)   #37
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'm not quite sure how long the VROC racelist server will remain up. If iGOR takes over totally (which I'm sure it will when all the bugs are ironed out) then the VROC server will get abandoned. The iGOR server should be good, its run by the GPL Rank guys.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 10:53 (Ref:1005698)   #38
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony_Simpson
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but I was away karting all weekend and i am having vbad problems with internet access at the moment,

As far as I am concerend as long as you have read and understood the rules, you do not need to email me. When we have the first race I will ask you in vroc to send me your upto date email address, so that i have a copy of it if needs be.
I will try at the weekend to get the website set up with the Season 3 calendar and rules. If I get chance before then I will.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1006040)   #39
petestenning
Veteran

A few questions guys 1) is there a password required. ?

2) do i need the bw patch. ?

i am on dial up which works on igor so is this ok as well. ?

Pete
Old 16 Jun 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1006075)   #40
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony_Simpson
I was away karting all weekend.....
And we won

I think all TTFLers should pop some champagne on our behalf!

Sorry...back to topic!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1006123)   #41
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by petestenning
A few questions guys 1) is there a password required. ?

2) do i need the bw patch. ?

i am on dial up which works on igor so is this ok as well. ?

Pete
1. yes, we'll tell you when you get into the tentenths chatroom (details we get passed on to you neaer the time) and you'll get told the password for races there.

2. Not to my knowledge unless Ayse happens to be hosting. Prolly a good idea to have it anyway.

3. Dial-up is fine.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 18:47 (Ref:1006129)   #42
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyM
And we won

I think all TTFLers should pop some champagne on our behalf!

Sorry...back to topic!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 18:52 (Ref:1006142)   #43
petestenning
Veteran

I need help again i cant connect to igor my pc is not logging in to the race list. I had just finished a race and now i cant connect.I also cant get the chat room yhe icon at the bottom says not connected.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 19:18 (Ref:1006172)   #44
petestenning
Veteran

I have just heard iGOR is offline answers my previous question
Old 16 Jun 2004, 21:35 (Ref:1006307)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't even tried VROC since iGOR was unleashed........
Old 19 Jun 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1008928)   #46
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
So who's planning to turn up for race one then or will it just be me, Richard, Dani and Pete? (which leaves us without a host)

Last edited by pirenzo; 19 Jun 2004 at 20:27.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 20:54 (Ref:1008940)   #47
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i should be there too. altho will be rusty, as have been driving 65's lately
Old 19 Jun 2004, 21:08 (Ref:1008948)   #48
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
my ISP is having some problems . and my connection now is no way good enough to race . but i hope they resolve those problems before the race ..

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1009067)   #49
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
So who's planning to turn up for race one then or will it just be me, Richard, Dani and Pete? (which leaves us without a host)
Don't you worry young whippersnapper. I'll be there.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 06:46 (Ref:1009159)   #50
petestenning
Veteran

Like Owen i have been racing 65 lately but am struggling to get to BRM at Kyalami to stay in a straight line ,i have no set up at all for it.

I will be at the 1st race although i may not even complete one lap without an off at the moment

Regards

Pete