Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2627775)   #1
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The 2010 Predictions Time Capsule

This was really good fun last year, so let's do it again. Make five predictions about the coming season. One the eve of the Bahrain GP weekend I'll lock the thread. Then at the end of the season I'll dig it up and we can laugh / gloat.

The only rule is that the predictions must be easily verifiable (ie - 'Rosberg will score his first win' is fine, whereas 'Rosberg will surprise a few people' isn't).

Right, here's mine:

1) A German driver will win the World Championship
2) One of the teams present in Bahrain will have gone by Adu Dhabi
3) Alonso will win more Grands Prix than Massa
4) Button will score more poles than Hamilton
5) Webber will double his current win tally, at least
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2627793)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1) The McLaren drivers will be separated by less than 10 points by the end of the season
2) Jaime Alguersuari won't be a Toro Rosso driver by the end of the season
3) All the new teams that start in Bahrain (not counting those that miss the first 3 races, if they do) will finish the season
4) Michael Schumacher will win at least 1 race
5) There will be no new winners, driver-wise and team-wise (something I predict every year but it's got to stick at some point)
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2627794)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
/me starts reading tea leaves
  • Lotus to score a podium this year.
  • Kamui Kobayashi to score at least a podium.
  • USF1 and Campos, if they are in, to be rooted to the bottom.
  • Hamilton will beat Button by a larger percentage than Schumacher will beat Rosberg
  • Korean circuit to either not be finished on time, or to be an Athens Olympics style rush job to finish where on Thursday night they'll still be putting the pot plants in.
  • If the new teams are given three DNA's, all the teams to eventually make it, just. All those that start Bahrain to finish the season.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2627808)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
1. One of the new teams performs really well.
2. One team will not survive the season.
3. McLaren and Ferrari will battle it out for the constructors championship.
4. There will be controversy regarding one of the teams.
5. There will be an unexpected driver change.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2627810)   #5
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
1. One of the new teams performs really well.
4. There will be controversy regarding one of the teams.
5. There will be an unexpected driver change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
The only rule is that the predictions must be easily verifiable (ie - 'Rosberg will score his first win' is fine, whereas 'Rosberg will surprise a few people' isn't).
Are 1, 4 and 5 "easily verifiable"?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2627817)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Are 1, 4 and 5 "easily verifiable"?
Ammended.

1. One of the new teams will score a podium.
4. There will be controversy regarding Ferrari.
5. There will be two unexpected driver changes.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2627836)   #7
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
  1. Schumacher will score more points, pole positions, wins, fastest laps and podiums then Rosberg.
  2. Alonso will finish higher then Massa in the WDC.
  3. Webber will out-qualify Vettel no more then twice.
  4. Hulkenberg and Kobayashi will be the 2 best rookies (points wise).
  5. Hamilton will score more points then Button.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 6 Feb 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2627898)   #8
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1. Lotus F1 to score a podium by end of the season
2. Campos and USF1 to be rooted to the bottom of the field
3. Richard Branson to walk up and down the pit lane in a air stewardess uniform, provided by Tony Fernandes and will be chatted up by Max Mosley who wants to know if he is into spanking
4. Lewis Hamilton to score 3 more victories over the full season than Jenson Button
5. After Felipe Massa gets the head start for knowing the team alot more than Fernando, Fernando will spit the dummy out (again) and Ferrari will treat Fernando as their number one driver
Old 6 Feb 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2627955)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Right, let's see if I can do a bit better than I did with last year's predictions...

1. Hamilton will win the title.
2. Michael Schumacher will win more races than Jenson Button.
3. Campos won't make the grid in Bahrain.
4. Toro Rosso will make a mid-season driver change.
5. One of the new teams (probably Lotus or Virgin) will score a podium.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2627996)   #10
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Williams will score more points than Renault.
2. None of the new teams (excluding Sauber of course) will score a top 5 result.
3. There will be at least one driver change in a Red Bull sponsored car.
4. McLaren will score more points than Mercedes.
5. Only one driver who is not from Europe will win a race.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2628009)   #11
bendy
Rookie

bendy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first post!!!

1) Hamilton will score at least double Button's points.
2) Alonso will score more points than Massa
3) Massa will spin out from driver error at least twice
4) Kovalainen will score at least double Truli's points
5) At least 5 pit crew members (out of all the field) will be injured due to the rush at changing tyres.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2628057)   #12
ncng
Rookie

United States
Grass Valley, CA
ncng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) Alonzo will win the title, then Hamilton or Schumacher
2) Ferrari will win the constructers, Mclaren 2nd
3) Sauber will win 2 races and be very strong all year
4) Renault will be very under performing team
5) Schumacher will win atleast 1 race, probably 2-3 like 96 Ferrari

ncng
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2628120)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I very rarely get involved in prediction things. However, I feel like getting it wrong 5 times this year.

1) Ferrari, Mclaren, and Mercedes will each win at least three races.
2) Kobayashi will get at least one podium finish.
3) Flavio Briatore (assuming his ban remains lifted) will be around at the Monaco GP.
4) Rubens Barrichello will blame his brakes for at least one bad race performance, and he will blame at least one bad race performance on loose seatbelts. Blaming one poor race performance on both of these factors would satisfy this prediction.
5) Bernie Ecclestone will die.

Last edited by Dutton; 6 Feb 2010 at 22:44.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2628130)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari will win more races than last year.
M Schumacher will score more points than Glock in this much hyped battle of the Germans.
Hamilton will outscore Button by 30 points plus.
Mark Webber will leave RBR.
Peter Windsor will annoy the hell out of me.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2628160)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
My first post!!!
Welcome bendy.

I could do this after most of testing, but it wouldn't be as fun.

I don't even believe all of my predictions, but they're not particularly ridiculous.

· Michael Schumacher will win the 2010 drivers' championship.
· Massa will outscore Alonso (unlikely many would say, but Felipe keeps surprising).
· Kobayashi will get at least one podium.
· Button will win at least three Grands Prix.
· Of the new teams, only Lotus and Virgin will score points.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 23:18 (Ref:2628175)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Peter Windsor will annoy the hell out of me.
This is verifiable if you bring out your annoyance in at least ten posts on Ten-Tenths.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2628217)   #17
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Mark Webber will leave RBR.
Just out of interest, during or after the season?
Old 7 Feb 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2628473)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just out of interest, during or after the season?
After !
Old 7 Feb 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2628481)   #19
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) Alonso will win the WDC
2) Vettel will win more races than anyone else this year
3) Senna will replace a driver in one of the established teams mid-season
4) de la Rosa will outscore Kobayashi
5) Nakajima will score the same amount of points for Stefan GP as he did last year with Williams :P
Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2628560)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Webber to Renault.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2628564)   #21
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
I think I'd probably end myself with their current form, but actually, if Kubica does go to Ferrari, I wouldn't rule it out

But I don't see Mark at RBR in 2011, unless he destroys Vettel. I think they'll either bring Kimi in or they'll bring in a number 2 for Vettel (probably Buemi at this stage)
Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2628566)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
1. Schumi will not be WDC.
2. Jenson will out-smart Lewis.
3. Senna will definitely get a regular drive at some point in the season.
4. Vettel will be WDC.
5. Sauber will continue to perform much better than originally expected.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2628567)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think I'd probably end myself with their current form, but actually, if Kubica does go to Ferrari, I wouldn't rule it out

But I don't see Mark at RBR in 2011, unless he destroys Vettel. I think they'll either bring Kimi in or they'll bring in a number 2 for Vettel (probably Buemi at this stage)
I would bet Vettel going to Ferrari, sooner or later.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2628571)   #24
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I would bet Vettel going to Ferrari, sooner or later.
I'm not so sure. They've got 2 decent drivers right now, one of which will be there as long as he wants to be, whilst Kubica wants to go there, they've got Bianchi on their driver development programme and are soon to add more, Weber says Hulkenberg will be there in 3 years, and Vettel as well?

I think Seb is more likely to go to Mercedes once TGF has left. But I think he'll see out his Red Bull contract at the very least. And I think Red Bull will try and do what Benetton did with Michael - build a team around him to try and persuade him to stay long term

If Red Bull keep producing good cars and he gets number 1 status, then there's no reason why he won't stay there
Old 7 Feb 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2628682)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
one of which will be there as long as he wants to be
Who ??