Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Jul 2019, 02:22 (Ref:3915259)   #126
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Granted, it would've been nice to show some live coverage early when there was no conflict with the NASCAR race. But they probably had stick and ball sports to show.

Personally, though, between IMSA, NASCAR and Indy Car, I do wonder if NBC Sports is overloaded with auto racing contracts?
Old 1 Jul 2019, 02:36 (Ref:3915260)   #127
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Granted, it would've been nice to show some live coverage early when there was no conflict with the NASCAR race. But they probably had stick and ball sports to show.
It was replays of Nascar practice and qualification...

Quote:
Personally, though, between IMSA, NASCAR and Indy Car, I do wonder if NBC Sports is overloaded with auto racing contracts?
Maybe. A bit more than an year ago the Indycar Sonoma green flag & 1st lap was missed because NBCSN was still showing a red flagged Nascar race.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 03:08 (Ref:3915262)   #128
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I would guess with Ford involved at both parties they'd push for higher voltage and may get the price down with 35 other cars using a similar system. Hard to sell to the board with only 3 races using it though, last I'd heard it had to be pointed out to some in Charlotte and Daytona how the hybrid works, they wanted it all season or nothing.
OT: I heard it would be short ovals too, or anywhere you needed to brake, maybe anywhere except super speedways.
Quote:
And just to return to the 6 hours...
Mazda, woo!
Old 1 Jul 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3915305)   #129
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
It does suck that so many are paying for a service and the programming changes, or doesn't work at all.

Vpn to UK worked perfectly, again, with no commercials. Costs 1 taco bell meal a month.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3915314)   #130
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
It does suck that so many are paying for a service and the programming changes, or doesn't work at all.

Vpn to UK worked perfectly, again, with no commercials. Costs 1 taco bell meal a month.
So you're saying you can trade diarrhea for racing coverage??? That sounds like a good exchange.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3915373)   #131
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post

Yeah, I am doubtless going to VPN in the near future ... but what sucks is that I Pay for NBCSN, and it doesn't work.

Then i will have to pay even more to get around the non-working stuff I have to pay for? Positively space-age.

I understand that if NBC has NASCAR fans in front of the TV it wants to keep them there, no matter what, because it is eyeballs ... so three hours of replays and interviews makes sense. And I bet NBC makes more money from NASCAR even on a bad weekend ... they are a business, I don't begrudge them money. And I appreciate that they Sort Of gave me the option to watch the whole race live.

I am not thrilled that NBCSN failed me and so many other paying customers. But hey ... if I go VPN, they get no ratings .... maybe that will help them smarten up.