Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Jun 2002, 15:56 (Ref:305390)   #1
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no flag to flag coverage...in north america

i was just on the speed website an it appears that le mans will only be brodacast up untill noon and after 9 pm pacific. does anyone know if they plan to amend this schedule, where else can i get flag to flag coverage, i think this means i will have to buy a satelite dish.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 16:16 (Ref:305402)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speed TV has three segments this year:

Time
Le Mans-----------EDT------------PDT
15:30-22:30|--|09:30-16:30|--|06:30-13:30 The Start
06:30-10:00|--|00:30-04:00|--|21:30-01:00 Overnight Summary
13:00-16:30|--|07:00-10:30|--|04:00-07:30 The Finish

Between segments 1 and 2 they have CART qualifying, WRC Acropolis Leg 1, Mundial, Speed News, and the Toyota Atlantic race. (I'd say they could drop the WRC leg 1 'cause they replay it on Sunday, and reschedule the Atlantics - I've already pointed that out to them)

Between segments 2 and 3 they're showing infomercials. I've complained rather more bitterly to them about that one.

Fox has not responded to my emails of complaint.

I miss the 25 hour coverage from last year already.

Last edited by paul-collins; 5 Jun 2002 at 16:17.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 5 Jun 2002, 18:20 (Ref:305509)   #3
clk-lm
Rookie

i miss that coverage aswell, i wonder if getting a petition going will make a difference.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 18:45 (Ref:305522)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, forgot there's some absolutely necessary coverage of ARCA stock cars in between segments 1 and 2.

Well, I'd be willing to marshall a letter to be sent to Speed/Fox. As can be seen in some F1 threads, complaints on paper tend to get noticed in a way that email does not. Let's revisit this after the race.

In the meantime, email 'em!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 5 Jun 2002, 19:07 (Ref:305542)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know it's not the same, but there is always Radio Le Mans for the TV downtime!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:15 (Ref:305641)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I know it's not the same, but there is always Radio Le Mans for the TV downtime!
Agreed, agreed, agreed Adam!

I've always extolled the virtues of those great people at Radio Le Mans, in particular Paul Truswell and Ian Titchmarsh. If you can't watch the race, tune in on the web - there is no better commentary.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:20 (Ref:305654)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quit moaning about your coverage! I'd kill for that much, here in the UK we're only getting about 5 hours of race coverage, PATHETIC!!

And as you guys have mentioned HOORAY for Radio Le Mans!!!

PS What time is Paul Truswell doing his stint?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:25 (Ref:305661)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
What time is Paul Truswell doing his stint?
4pm Saturday to 4 pm Sunday.

No, I'm serious!!

Plus a couple of hours of the lead-in and an hour or more of the wind-down afterwards. And I think Ihave stamina!!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:30 (Ref:305678)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what are they feeding him then?

Is he gonna be sustaining the Brasilian coffee industry for the next decade!!!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:47 (Ref:305714)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Quit moaning about your coverage! I'd kill for that much, here in the UK we're only getting about 5 hours of race coverage, PATHETIC!!
Yeah, but last year we had 25 hours - and 25 hours of Daytona, 13 hours of Sebring and 11 hours of P'tit Le Mans. The Grand Slam of enduros, they called it.

Then Fox bought Speedvision and repurposed it (read NASCARized it). It's one of the signs of the apocalypse, I believe.

-Bill James
Old 5 Jun 2002, 21:51 (Ref:305789)   #11
clk-lm
Rookie

since fox took over my speedvision consumption has been signifigcantly reduced. id like to see FIA sports cars, FIA GT, DTM, BTCC, british GT, motorsport mundial, f300, f3 etc. and to top it all off i want to see reruns of previous le mans, ALMS, FIA GT.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:55 (Ref:306360)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Radio Le Mans, in particular Paul Truswell and Ian Titchmarsh. no better commentary.
So is Ian Titchmarsh back this year as i really missed him last year, unfortally I was not their last year and listen in on the net, and I Would say to any one not at the track to tune in and listen as you will not be disapointed....

As I am Le Mans this year, I have just been out and bought my radio....

Only 9 Days to go.....
Old 30 Jan 2003, 02:41 (Ref:490140)   #13
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Speed TV has three segments this year:

Time
Le Mans-----------EDT------------PDT
15:30-22:30|--|09:30-16:30|--|06:30-13:30 The Start
06:30-10:00|--|00:30-04:00|--|21:30-01:00 Overnight Summary
13:00-16:30|--|07:00-10:30|--|04:00-07:30 The Finish

Between segments 1 and 2 they have CART qualifying...
That was last year.

On top of Champcars' Laguna Seca qualifying, this year, the Canadian GP is on the same weekend, meaning that qualifying could interrupt the 9:30 to 4:30 EDT segment (say, 1 to 2:30?). That is on top of the Champcar qualifying (which a little bird told me was at 5:30 this year on Speed).

Folks, if you want more coverage, now's the time to get the word in, before the new schedule is set!

Last edited by paul-collins; 30 Jan 2003 at 02:42.

-Bill James
Old 30 Jan 2003, 03:24 (Ref:490157)   #14
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, Speed Channel felt that during the late night of the 24 Hours enduro races where ratings could not register because most of the viewers can't stay up all night.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 04:06 (Ref:490170)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is because all the people at Speed TV are geriatric wimps.

The only answer is to attend these races in person. And complain bitterly to Speed TV. Send them lots of e-mails in the middle of the night while you're up listening to Radio Le Mans. Send e-mails to Radio Le Mans and cc them to Speed TV.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 07:04 (Ref:490247)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Is there a Web Radio following the Sebring race ? Is there anybody having the URL ?
Old 30 Jan 2003, 07:10 (Ref:490255)   #17
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Is there a Web Radio following the Sebring race ? Is there anybody having the URL ?
Yes, http://www.imsaracing.net/
Old 30 Jan 2003, 10:44 (Ref:490373)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Yes, http://www.imsaracing.net/
Wonderful ! And the "live rank classification" ? At the same place I guess ?

I have to check the hour of starting... 10h30 on the spot, so 16h30 GMT ? Is that correct ?

If so, count on me to be here on TT forum to comment the event, stuck to my computer !!!

Who's gonna be here too ?

Last edited by Fab; 30 Jan 2003 at 10:46.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 14:06 (Ref:490581)   #19
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by Speeddemon555
Unfortunately, Speed Channel felt that during the late night of the 24 Hours enduro races where ratings could not register because most of the viewers can't stay up all night.
Actually, that's not the time slot I'm questioning (they had 12:30 to 4 am, then 7 to the finish).

I'm questioning the evening (last year was 4:30pm to 12:30), where they go away from the race for 8 (this year possibly 7) hours.

As I said, there will be Champcar Laguna Seca qualifying that afternoon, coverage possibly starting at 5:30. That's fixed. I don't know what else is happening that night (NASCAR trucks , WRC?) At the very least, there should be updates scheduled. I would like to see an hour added somewhere, starting between 8 and 9 pm. It'll be deep in the night, but that doesn't mean there won't be action.

-Bill James
Old 3 Mar 2003, 19:07 (Ref:523712)   #20
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Hey Fab, what time does the sun start coming up on the 15th? I'm just getting ready to contact Speed TV and request that they start their coverage in the dark and watch a couple hours of sunrise. Does it start getting light at 06:00 or earlier?

-Bill James
Old 3 Mar 2003, 19:47 (Ref:523737)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Speed Channel spoiled us two summers (2001) ago with the flag-to-flag coverage....last year was a pale shell of what we got the year before....

Now Speed Channel has six days of NASCAR (Nazz-Caw-Wuhr) "Panel/Talk Shows" with a bunch of drivers and dorks trying to be funny and "Two Wheel Tuesdays" with nothing but motorcylce racing of all types....

I agree with Paul-Collins....missing the 7-8 hours of coverage in the evening was painful...and the info-mercials are inexcusable when you have one of the world's premiere racing events happening live..

Please post not only their web address, but also a corporate address that we can all send mail to...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Mar 2003, 20:42 (Ref:523783)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

Also, you can become a member of insider.speedtv.com and message users SpeedTV and Speed1. Speed1 is Jim Liberatore, the president of Speed TV. He often posts on the forum, and replies to PMs as well.

This may or may not be the correct mail address:

Speed Channel, Inc.,
10000 Santa Monica Boulevard,
Los Angeles, California 90067

-Bill James
Old 3 Mar 2003, 21:18 (Ref:523817)   #23
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
The Speed Channel spoiled us two summers (2001) ago with the flag-to-flag coverage....last year was a pale shell of what we got the year before....
"24 Hours of Pitting."
Old 3 Mar 2003, 21:34 (Ref:523843)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there in person and I'll send them e-mails from the race. Anyone else who has access while at Le Mans ought to do the same. Or come and find me and you can send them from my laptop!
Old 3 Mar 2003, 22:24 (Ref:523906)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I'll be there in person and I'll send them e-mails from the race. Anyone else who has access while at Le Mans ought to do the same. Or come and find me and you can send them from my laptop!
I might just do that