Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Sep 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3925590)   #11
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I was wondering that myself, and I can't believe it is they are showing their true hand after reports Core was one of the BoP radio "offenders." I would assume that's not something that would stay on one side of the garage, BUT they are obviously doing something IMSA can understand and not slow them. That then makes me feel like everyone else might be holding back more and more each event and IMSA has caught on, but that assumes first that drivers can resist pushing and second teams are better off not winning again and again until they are so far back as to not win the championship.

The race itself seemed entertaining in the parts I caught, was in and out with saw and sander running so missed more than a few things. I do wonder what the difference is with GT drivers and not having prototypes around that brings out seemingly calmer racing. I don't know if it's prototype guys wanting the corners and elbows out driving or GT guys having to push more to make up time lost, but GTD still has to contend with faster GTs and amateur vs factory pro drivers and they still make it work. It would be interesting to see lap charts and overlays with only GTs and then the whole field running to see what changes.
Certainly less of a chance at collisions. GT drivers don't do mirror driving as much. But yeah I wonder still how Katherine Legge could have had the crash she had. It was late in the race and her stint too. So that was unexpected. Biggest crash at V.I.R in a race since the ALMS.