Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 Mar 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2146730)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
FIM Winners Game - Summer Cup 2008

Just Copy&Paste-ing the rules from last year. You know, the usual boring part you never read (except the picky Knowlesy, who PMs me all the time about this and that point [well, it is not true, but I had to mention Knowlesy somehow] ).

ALL THE GUESSES DONE IN HAZZA's THREAD ARE VALID TOO.

RULES:

----------------------------------------------

Object of the game:
You have to guess the winner. You can put one, two, three or four riders as winners.

Scoring:
If you put one rider and he wins, you get 4 points.
If you put two two riders and one of them wins, you get 3 points.
In case you put 3 names and one wins, you get 2.5 points.
If you choose to put four names, and one of them wins, you get 2 points.
If you fail to guess the winner, you get 0 points.

Time limit:
Guesses can be done until one hour before the official time for the star of the first race (125, 250 or MotoGP, whatever it is). Usually it will be one hour before 125 race. Even if the race is delayed because unusual circunstances, the time limit will not be changed.

Remarks:
Every FIM GP three guesses can be entered: for 125cc, 250cc and MotoGP. Those are three differents games, so you can enter only one or two categories if you like.

Appart from the three classifications (125, 250 and MotoGP), I'll put a "global" classification adding all of them.

The key of the game is to predict the winner putting the least possible numbers of candidates. But if you put too few riders, you risk getting 0 points!

There will be two separate championships: Summer Cup until mid season and Autumn Cup in the second part of the season.

In case of tie, it is ahead who has better score in the last round, then in the second last round, etc. If there is still a tie in "Total" category, it is ahead who has more points in MotoGP, then in 250cc. Finally, if all of that fails, it is ahead who has guess earlier in the last round (and here we cannot tie anymore!).

Example:

Let's suppose in Jerez you put the following guesses and the real winners are Simoncelli, Angelis and Rossi:
125 = Simoncelli, P.Nieto, Lai (you get 2.5 points for Simoncelli)
250 = Porto, Dovizioso (you get 0 point, you failed)
MotoGP = Gibernau, Rossi (you get 3 points for Rossi)

(Note: I did not change those old names in this example just because I like to raise confusion and chaos. Moreover it's funny to mention Gibernau in 2008)

So you can add or change your guess posting in this thread. Remember the limit is one hour before the scheduled start of the first race (125cc in this case).
Old 8 Mar 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2146749)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Asha:
stoner
bautista
smith

Pro Racer:
Stoner
Bautista, Barbera
Smith

Gerben24:
Motogp: Stoner
250: Kallio, Debon, Bautista
125: Talmasci, Smith, Gadea (but only if Gadea competes, otherwise it is just Talmasci and Smith)

Chunder:
Pedrosa
Simoncelli
Bradders

Knowlesy:
MotoGP: Stoner
250cc: Bautista, Kallio
125cc: Talmacsi, gadea

The Used:
Moto GP: Melandri
125cc: Smith
250cc: Bautista

Tazz:
125cc: Smith
250cc: Pasini, Barbera
MotoGP: Stoner

Jhansen:
125: Smith, Talmacsi
250: Bautista, Pasini
Moto GP: Stoner

Hazza - Lord Of Thunder:
125: Talmasci, Smith
250: Bautista, Barbera
MotoGP: Stoner, Rossi, Edwards, Pedrosa
Old 8 Mar 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2146811)   #3
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Great. Thanks, Hazzy.

Just one clarification, Gerben's 125 guess is "conditional" but it is not allowed. Gadea is officially in the entry list, so he will count as a valid guess, run or not the race.

Gerben, please redo the guess if you prefer to put only Talma and Smith.
Old 8 Mar 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2146839)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome back Schummy!
Old 8 Mar 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2147000)   #5
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Finally I could recover my head from your "Wally" pic about me
Old 8 Mar 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2147007)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 8 Mar 2008, 23:24 (Ref:2147162)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
125: Smith,Talmasci,Di Meglio
250: Debon,Barbera,Bautista
MotoGP:Lorenzo,Toesland,Stoner
Old 9 Mar 2008, 04:42 (Ref:2147255)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
here we go again , waiting for Schummy's flattering comments LOL

so I will do my picks (mind you I have to get up at 3.30am to watch the race just as well Monday is a Public Holiday )

125cc = Talmacsi
250cc = Kallio , Simoncelli
Moto GP = Stoner , Toseland
Old 9 Mar 2008, 05:19 (Ref:2147263)   #9
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
125cc = Talmacsi
250cc = Kallio , Simoncelli
Moto GP = Stoner , Toseland
My only commentary is it is not so bad as usual . Probably his diet without beer is showing its effects.

By the way, BOTTY's and mine are:

BOTTY:
125cc: Smith, Talmacsi
250cc: Debon, Bautista, Kallio, H. Aoyama
MotoGP: Lorenzo, Stoner

Schummy:
125cc: Smith, Talmacsi
250cc: Bautista, Kallio, Debon
MotoGP: Lorenzo, Stoner, Rossi, Toseland
Old 9 Mar 2008, 07:39 (Ref:2147310)   #10
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
125: Smith, Talmacsi, di Meglio
250: Kallio, Bautista, Barbera
MotoGP: Lorenzo, Stoner
Old 9 Mar 2008, 11:13 (Ref:2147425)   #11
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
125cc Smith, Talmacsi, Di Meglio
250cc Bautista, Barbera, Debon
MotoGP Stoner, Lorenzo
Old 9 Mar 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2147507)   #12
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
125: Talmacsi, Smith
250: Bautista, Kallio
MotoGP: Stoner, Rossi, Toseland,

Old 9 Mar 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2147516)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

16 entries so far! Too much work, I hope some of them leave the game in the next rounds. (Sad words from a Forum Host)
Old 9 Mar 2008, 15:09 (Ref:2147550)   #14
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
specially for you Schum

125 Smith, Talmacsi
250 Bautista Barbera Pasini
MotoGP Stoner, Lorenzo, Rossi

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Mar 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2148310)   #15
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Successful night race at Qatar and successful game round for some of the people who *thinks* they know a lot about this business.

True champions (and gentlemen) prefer to concede some advantage in the first part of the season to have a close fight later (as you can see clearly in the classification).

The first three are so amazing as you can get. F1-centered (and therefore brain-damaged) Knowlesy, new wonder "Lorenzo" Tazz and ex-Forum Host jhansen (FHs are known to not know anything about their respective sports).

In sharp contrast, some of the finest individuals here, as chunder and Hazza, are in the low end of the table. Strange.

Code:

125 250 MGP = TOT
--------------------------
Knowlesy 3   0   4   = 7
Tazz     0   3   4   = 7
jhansen  0   3   4   = 7
Gerben   2.5 0   4   = 6.5
Dani     0   3   3   = 6
asha     0   0   4   = 4
ProRacer 0   0   4   = 4
marcus   0   0   3   = 3
BOTTY    0   0   3   = 3
Bleu     0   0   3   = 3
bestfit  0   0   3   = 3
SALEEN   0   0   2.5 = 2.5
beau1    0   0   2.5 = 2.5
Hazza    0   0   2   = 2
Schummy  0   0   2   = 2
chunder  0   0   0   = 0
TheUsed  0   0   0   = 0
==========================
Feel free to comment your excuses for not having a better score. Mine is already in the second paragraph.

NB: Someone has to contact ralf_fan, we would have even more ridiculous guesses with him. I have heard he has now a lot of free time as chairman of a small game in Ten-Tenths.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 13:38 (Ref:2148320)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The master has returned to his rightful place.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 13:55 (Ref:2148342)   #17
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
Just one clarification, Gerben's 125 guess is "conditional" but it is not allowed. Gadea is officially in the entry list, so he will count as a valid guess, run or not the race.

Gerben, please redo the guess if you prefer to put only Talma and Smith.
Obviously I was only joking when I made my entry. I was only trying to cause confusion and stress out the then new game master.

There is no need for harsh words as it is not allowed... The old Schummy would never have said something like that. I like the old Schummy better...

Old 10 Mar 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2148349)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

New Schummy is a strict disciplinarian with harsh views.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2148355)   #19
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
New Schummy is a strict disciplinarian with harsh views.
Somehow you must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse!!!? How would you otherwise explain your current position? I like your shades
Old 10 Mar 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2148481)   #20
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Ten-Tenths direction PMed me, they were interested in that Knowlesy did well in these first rounds of the game. I duly made it happen.

Apparently they are planning Knowlesy as the new chairman of Ten-Tenths, and they need to build him a good curriculum in motorsport.

Old 10 Mar 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2148522)   #21
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schummy, don't i deserve an extra special bonus for nameing the 2nd place rider (Barbera) in 250cc aswell? Just for encouraging new forum members like me
Old 10 Mar 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2148545)   #22
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Yes, you have a special bonus for it.

We, the Forum Hosts, have to care about new members, particularly in this dying bike forum. Usually we live our best week when we have started SBK and MotoGP races but F1 has not yet begun. Next week, 90% of people here will go to the bright F1 forum, and perhaps will post some messages here from time to time.

This season we have even more troubles. IRL/ChampCar merge implies the Americans have again the most entertaining motorsport series, so frankly I don't see much point in watching those low tech two wheels races. I see them because I am paid for it, to write posts here.

Fortunately we have in Ten-Tenths others forums (as Rallycross, Hillclimb or Drifting) that make us look great. In fact those are fake forums to support Bike Forum's image.

(Disclaimer: Schummy is not responsible of any opinion expressed in this post. In fact he is just irresponsible)
Old 10 Mar 2008, 18:20 (Ref:2148553)   #23
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Classic. It hasn't been the same without you!

Am I reading this correctly? I'm tied for first? That can't last...

Btw, while bikes will lose some posting to F1, we also gain posters from the southern hemisphere that we haven't seen since last season...
Old 10 Mar 2008, 18:53 (Ref:2148577)   #24
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you very much! I promise not to go to the F1 forum ( unless they give me more extra special bonuses then you do )
How can i leave this place when i'm tied for first... like jhansen ??
Old 10 Mar 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2148584)   #25
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy

Fortunately we have in Ten-Tenths others forums (as Rallycross, Hillclimb or Drifting) that make us look great. In fact those are fake forums to support Bike Forum's image.

you really don't want to get that bunch on your head .. they're like chunder .. just in larger numbers and worse

Ciao Marco