Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 20 Jul 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2504704)   #1
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Kit Track Thread

Feel free to pitch your ideas here and we'll give everyone a turn.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2514423)   #2
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Alright, I'll take the lead, for example:

This can be for real if you want but let's say the 1st kit track has to consist of:

7 left corners
10 right corners
1 hairpin
1 straight of at least 1km long (S/F straight included)

Is it no-one understands what the thread is about, not interested or sumthin'? I dunno?
Old 3 Aug 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2514509)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5 minutes work.

Not the best circuit in the world but ....
Attached Thumbnails
Kit1 jpeg.jpg  
Old 3 Aug 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2514540)   #4
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
First of all, thank you for christening this thread with the 1st track.

I agree, it's not the best track in the world but it's a good start. My fav parts are the T7-9 section then the very fast-looking T10. I don't think I could come up with something and upload it and everything in just over 2 hrs. At best I would easily take longer because it's easier to stuff a good copy that's done by hand and have everything the way you want it.

I just hope others are considering the challenge.

Will come up with something tonight and tomorrow before work.

Oh, before I forget, thanks for the help with the thread.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2514581)   #5
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is my attempt at the challenge

The main straight is just over a km in length so i would guess the total length would be 3.5 to 4 km
Attached Thumbnails
challenge 1.JPG  
Old 5 Aug 2009, 02:04 (Ref:2515852)   #6
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
...Interesting shape Matt. Better than me I must say because I'm finding it a bit hard to get what I'm looking for with my one. It's about half-done so I'll get back to it ASAP.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2516030)   #7
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TilkeWannabe View Post
...Interesting shape Matt.
It certainly is, i had a basic outline but to meet the requirements i had to add lots of corners lol
Old 11 Aug 2009, 08:01 (Ref:2519353)   #8
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Here's mine. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Kit Track 2 (Mount Hobbs).jpg  
Old 11 Aug 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2519400)   #9
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I especially like the part around the paddocks, the entire lright hal of the track, right of the bottleneck part.

The left half must be great for bikes, for example. Luiggi?

bio
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2519910)   #10
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
I especially like the part around the paddocks, the entire lright hal of the track, right of the bottleneck part.

The left half must be great for bikes, for example. Luiggi?

bio

Yes but there's a potential hazard area, there's a shared run off area between T2 and T11 there's just not enough room, someone missing either turn will land on neighboring areas of the track and it's even worst if they both go of simultaneously. I think that requires a slight mod,since T2 comes from a fairly fast straight, and T11 is a obtuse angled turn,meaning a fast turn that is attacked with gas. Hope I'm not being too picky, but remember I've seen my friend's blood on the track and that changed me forever.

Other than that,the track looks very fast and sweeping, love it!
Old 17 Aug 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2522772)   #11
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
There would be a concrete wall separating those corners (tall enough to stop anyone or anything going over the top onto the track on the other side) and it may be unlikely that 2 vehicles would go off at the same time there, but with the concrete wall, it could incorporate some of that new padding stuff on that SBF showed us that was used at Knockhill I think.

Oh, and if you guys wanna move on from this challenge, any of you are welcome to give us your ideas. Actually, SBF can choose, he posted 1st. Al, if you're out there, fire away.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2524701)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't have anything pre designed for this so I don't know how hard or easy it'll be.

4.8km (3 miles) in length

2 straights ... 800m and 600m respectively. Obviously one of these will be the pit straight.

It has 12 corners in a 4 - 8 split ...the sections of track can be "flipped over" so it can be 4 Left and 8 right or 8 left and 4 right.

These must include :
One Sweeper
A chicane (tighter bike option allowable) ...counts as at least one corner in each direction.
2 x 90+ degree corners.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 08:30 (Ref:2526463)   #13
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Having 2 seperate straights at 800 and 600 respectively may be a bit hard for me because mine are hand-drawn and no way of measuring the lengths to be exact. The overall length I have no problem with but the 2 straights are my only small problem. Apart from that, I accept.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2526876)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Your designs are usually on grid paper, just say that the longer one is 800 and then use your grid paper to approximate a 600 straight.

It doesn't have to be exact.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2528245)   #15
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
To prove it can just about be done....

Here's the circuit length...
70.44 ... 1 R
137.52 ... 2 L
607.08 ... 3 L
61.44 ... 4 L
48.36 ... 5 R
164.16 ... 6 L
761.88 ... 7 R
136.2 ... 8 L
155.76 ... 9 R
56.04 ... 10 L
59.04 ... 11 L
233.4 ... 12 L

4819.26 m Total Length
Attached Thumbnails
Kit 2.jpg  
Old 26 Aug 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2528295)   #16
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jeezzz that t7 t8 looks wicked!!!
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2528564)   #17
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I take it you approve then

There was originally a short straight coming off T7 with T8 a hairpin with another short straight back to a similar shaped T9, but I had to change it when I worked out the length was over my limit.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 04:49 (Ref:2531670)   #18
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Sorry Al.

BTW, have any of you seen recent photos of the new Motorland Aragon circuit? I wouldn't get too excited about it, it has no rhythm and flow to it, it mostly looks flat apart from the first section after the S/F straight (uphill) and the 1.7km back straight has been given the Tilke touch (it has a ridiculously tight hairpin at the end which can only be taken at the same kinda speed you would use to negotiate a roundabout by the looks of it). The piece de resistance is going to be a grand grandstand and other fancy things such as a hotel and shopping facilities etc which will be designed to look like the airflow of an F1 car, brought to you by Sir Norman Foster's lot.

And I'll try and post another track in my thread ASAP.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 05:53 (Ref:2539398)   #19
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I did it!! I came up with a track. Nothing fancy though. I was just looking at a partly completed track I was working on and I decided to give the challenge a crack and I eventually came up with something. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
SBF Kit Track challenge.jpg  
Old 13 Sep 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2539777)   #20
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Simple and straight forward circuits can sometime produce the best racing.

Whose next for posting a kit then ?????
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2539929)   #21
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
Ill have a go if no one minds.

Simple one this time.

5 right, 7 left

a left handed hairpin inc in the 7

a long straight

and a special feature ie a lake or something inside incorporated in the circuit
Old 14 Sep 2009, 03:44 (Ref:2540165)   #22
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Thx for the good words SBF. Is it alright if I call you Al?

I'm SO in on the next one.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 04:22 (Ref:2540171)   #23
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I've just come up with one for Matt's challenge. I'll make the length 4.5 kms, something simple. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Matt kit track chall..jpg  
Old 14 Sep 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2540305)   #24
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
Heres my interpretation of the next challenge. Heres hoping i can count.

Its anticlockwise

About 4.5 km in length, with a 0.8 km long straight.

My only issue that i found with the track was the pit entry, i wasn't sure of quite how to deal with it.
Attached Thumbnails
my challenge.JPG  
Old 14 Sep 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2540324)   #25
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
My only issue that i found with the track was the pit entry, i wasn't sure of quite how to deal with it.

Just haave the pit entry at the apex of the corner, with a little runoff, similar to the way that Sepang does things for it's pit lane?