Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 3 Aug 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1370807)   #1
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2006 Silly Season Thread.

Rossi is to stay at Yamaha in 2006 it said in the paper today! Good news I think, just for the reason he is staying in MotoGP. All those rumours of Rossi going to drive in F1 or WRC are rubbish. It would be interesting to see how he does there, but I just love MotoGP and he would be greatly missed there. It is also good to see my bike (Yamaha) to be on the top step of the podium. I don't know how long that is going to last though. It wouldn't surprise me if Rossi eventually wants to move to Ducati, to end his career there.

It is also said that Pedrosa is going move to Repsol Honda in 2006. Will he finally be the one who will take on the battle with Rossi? Some competition would be good in MotoGP!
Old 3 Aug 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1370841)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Pedrosa is good , but is he as good as valentino ???

I dont think so and if he is going to Repsol next year who's bike will he be on ?

Im sure Pedrosa is going to be very good in the top class but I dont think he can challenge Rossi especially not next year.

would be great if I was proved wrong though wouldnt it ?
Old 3 Aug 2005, 09:19 (Ref:1370879)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pedrosa has marched through the ranks prretty impressively, and he's certainyl the only rider out there why has any real hope of being as good as Valé within the next 2-3 years. Hayden might benefit from a year or 2 on one of the other Honda teams - winnign at a track your main rival doesn't like and msot have never raced at is one thing, but it doesn't change the fact that he's udnerperformed.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1370892)   #4
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im not too sure about Pedrosa and Moto GP. I know he is a sensational rider, the best in 250cc but the extra HP the extra weight of the car is sure to pound his nimble body, and can he get himself around the bike is the question.

They say that Randy De Puniet would be better suited to Moto than Pedrosa, but Pedrosa has more talent.

And are the links with Stoner and Moto still going strong?

But Vermuelan will replace Bayliss at Camel so that is great news for Aussies, well its yet to be confirmed, but it is highly probable.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1370944)   #5
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Vermeulen should do really well, he's a MotoGP natural, although it's a shame he and Ten Kate won't've taken the WSBK title.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1370983)   #6
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi ought to go to WSB and win yet another title, he'll have won everything then. And prolly the only rider ever to do so.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1371016)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes exactly he can only win so many championships before he will look at something else.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 03:37 (Ref:1371579)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
Pedrosa is good , but is he as good as valentino ???

I dont think so and if he is going to Repsol next year who's bike will he be on ?

Im sure Pedrosa is going to be very good in the top class but I dont think he can challenge Rossi especially not next year.

would be great if I was proved wrong though wouldnt it ?
Pedrosa -> Repsol, Biaggi -> Ducati, Caparossi -> Pons.

Or thats the generall "Idea/Rumour/Made up malarky"
Old 4 Aug 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1372086)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dont think Vale will ever go to WSBK, only reason he would is if he tried rally or F1 and fails utterly and comes back to bikes a la Hailwood.
But I think no team in Motogp would ever turn down the chance to run him even if he did walk away from bikes and come back.
Think the Pedrosa argumant is interesting. Loris was always considered too small for a 500 but got on OK evenutually, though he does look like a middleweight boxer these days.
Think Dani will have to do the same as he is sooooo tiny. But we will have to wait to see if he has the talent and speed to win.
Think he is about the best prospect coz he is so strong in the mind, doesnt take risks really and seems able to speed up at will as Vale does.
But then its kinda easy to do that on a 250, whether he can sit on Vale's tail for 28 laps and set the fastest lap on the 29th and last is the question. Or he might be the type that goes away from the front like Mick used to? he does it on a 250.
Did Vale used to play with people in 250 like he does in GP?
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1372308)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Im not too sure about Pedrosa and Moto GP. I know he is a sensational rider, the best in 250cc but the extra HP the extra weight of the car is sure to pound his nimble body
Car? I thought Moto GP was bikes? Seriously though, weight will be a issue for Pedrosa next year IMO, hes quite a small guy and a Moto GP bike is pretty heavy. He has said though however that he is planning on doing some upper body work and hopefully this will help him in 2006. He can always pile on a few pounds if needs be!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1372775)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Valentino staying at Yamaha is no surprise. Will be interesting to see how Pedrosa handles a MotoGP bike for such a small fellow.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1373112)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember Alberto was really strong when he started 500 and was not really that big on a 250 so with him in Dani's corner I am sure the training regime will be tailored to suit him.
I think he could also ride to a style more on a GP bike. On a 250 you can pick it up and fire it out but that doesnt tend to work as well as the power isnt there to rip the tyres up as much as in GP.
Alberto was a real stop it, turn it sharp and fire out rider on 500's, I remember Mick saying he was really hard to passs as a result, kinda like Gardner.
I think if Dani rides it more like that he will need to be strong as the muscle needed on the pegs and outer bar into and out of bends is amazing.
If he tried to ride it like Max or nakano then he can pretty much stay as he is, just work on the extra weight.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1373166)   #13
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
But Vermuelan will replace Bayliss at Camel so that is great news for Aussies, well its yet to be confirmed, but it is highly probable.
Vermeulen has not sign yet, and who knows if he'll sign :

My question is what bikes will D'Antin and Tech 3 run next year. AFAIK Suzuki and Kawasaki are talking to this two teams.

I think Biaggi is off at Repsol HRC, and he has some departure option in his contract, if he'll be not good enough for HRC, than he is returning to Sito Pons. I think is going to Sito. Harald Eckl wants Max either.

Another question is what will John Hopkins do : KRJR is in good shape now, maybe because he was sure that if someone will be kicked off Suzuki MotoGp, than he'll be the man to go. Hopkins wants to Ducati Corse, Ducati wanted him some time ago, but what now : Another good question is, is Sete is moving to Ducati with his Telefonica Movistar support, or is he staying in at Fausto's team :

Will Roberts be back next year : If though, will he come with KTM or not : Shane Byrne did great job for the team.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 21:48 (Ref:1373435)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Intersting questions there Alex. Perhaps if Kawasaki supply a second team they will put Jacque and Hoffman on those bikes, with Nakano joined by Biaggi on the factory machines? I can't see any argument for keeping Bayliss, and I can't see anyone else hiring him. If Tamada continues on the extra Konica Honda could have at least 2 spaces to fill - Pedrosa and Vermeulen could be ideal, although Hopkins would have obvious Honda potential.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 07:23 (Ref:1373566)   #15
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was some silly buisness going around about Rossi wanting to win a 500 and a 250cc race on the same day.

The other sillyness was that Rossi would go onto a single bike, with Elias and Edwards on the seperate Works bikes and Tech3 getting the flick.

And on eurosport they where musing about satelite Suzukis and Kawasakis...

Last edited by Hazza; 6 Aug 2005 at 07:28. Reason: did you know that ******** is censored?
Old 8 Aug 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1375203)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
HAHA, great word silliness but out of such acorns cvan often come the truth!
I think the Yamaha one will happen. Vale is practically a one man army anyway, and maybe his negotiation this time was to get away from Altadis and have non fag sponsors again like NSR days.
Not sure about Tech-3, spose they might run another make like Kawasaki, remember Shinya was a star there.
Not keen on Jacques, bit of a one hit wonder, has been rubbish since China.
Interesting to see what happens at Suzuki. Kenny HAS to get out really, even if he is riding a second string RCV he cannot just leave GP thinking he might have been able to win more races if it were not for the rubbish GSV.
Not sure about Chris either, I dont want to see him on a naff bike and he has struggled recently in WSB compared to Haga and Corser
Old 8 Aug 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1375359)   #17
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
One thing I'd also like to point out, is why get sponsers to pay for a one bike Vale team...

...when you can get them to pay twice as much for 2 bikes?
Old 9 Aug 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1375599)   #18
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm bored with Biaggi now. He just complains. His bike wasn't as good as Doohan's Honda, then his bike wasn't as good as the Honda, then his bike wasn't as good as Rossi's Honda and now his bike isn't as good as the satellite Honda. Makes you wonder if it's not the bike.
Old 9 Aug 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1375697)   #19
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tech 3 seem to get inferior treatment, and maybe their natural working relationship with Yamaha has reached its conclusion.
Old 9 Aug 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1375996)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Reason why teams will pay more to be on one bike instead of two is because whenever Vale goes for a qually lap or is out on the tarck the camera will invariable look for him.
And he wins most of the races meaning that the bike is nearly always on screen, or more than most at least. And then on the podium he is there and the personal sponsors get their bit aswell.
The same as Schumacher in F1, money makes more money and so it spirals onwards and upwards
Old 14 Aug 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1381967)   #21
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
So, KTM is withdrawing from Roberts Group, and who knows what engines does Kenny will run till the end of the year : :!: His own V5 :

Anyway, James Toseland is talking to Suzuki Motogp, and Shakey Byrne is also colse to sign a deal, if Hopkins stay in Suzuki, one of them would be his teammate.

AFAIK, WCM is dying as well as Roberts, who wants to retire. He is in MGP only because of love to this sport, nothing else.

I dunno if Bayliss sign anything yet, but AFAIK he is returning to Ducati at WSBK
Old 15 Aug 2005, 00:13 (Ref:1382338)   #22
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Bayliss back on Ducati would be great, and thats what I'm hoping for. If Xaus gets that ride i'll be furious.

And it's a real pitty about WCM. I mean, race winners to podium getters to back of the grid in 3 years! Its amazing they're survived annother 2 years or so from that. And I really do hope that they survive as they're a great team.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 00:25 (Ref:1382342)   #23
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephino
I'm bored with Biaggi now. He just complains. His bike wasn't as good as Doohan's Honda, then his bike wasn't as good as the Honda, then his bike wasn't as good as Rossi's Honda and now his bike isn't as good as the satellite Honda. Makes you wonder if it's not the bike.
He has notorious problems with set-up, especially suspention problems. Erv kanemoto is good, he is great, but he knows how to set-up a bike with his own hands, and this days you working on set-up with your laptop. It is a new era of bikes, this bikes are prototypes, and I am sure that Erv myth would not last long in SBK also. He is history of this sport, with accent on "history."

Elephino, Rossis bike was better than Biaggis one. Rossi had Burgess and his team, Biaggi has completely new team of people around him.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 23:39 (Ref:1384136)   #24
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Did Vale used to play with people in 250 like he does in GP?
when I was able to watch 250 and 500 gp stuff fairly regularly a bunch of years ago, I'm pretty certain I remember a 250 race with Rossi playing cat and mouse with a Jap. rider I think, each one not wanting to be leading the last 10 laps or so, with Rossi sometimes wheeling down the front straight just to **** the guy off behind him so that he would lose his cool and go in front.

anyone else remember that? It was a real lark anyway whoever it was. the best part was that sure enough the guy got so ticked off that he went ahead and Rossi was able to pip him at the end and win. I seem to remember the guy not being exactly happy during the post race interviews or podium.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1384422)   #25
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Honda will build a V3 to compete in MotoGP when rules limit capacity to 800cc in 2007.

In todays issue Motorcycle News will write a little bit of this machine.