Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 20 Apr 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1589249)   #1
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mac and Lauren, by Lisa Dennis

My wife recently bought a book for our 8-month old daughter, written by Lisa (wife of Ron) Dennis and cannily entitled "Mac and Lauren". It seems to be part of a series of about five books (IIRC), and the one my wife purchased was set at the Japanese Grand Prix. The shop at which my wife bought this book didn't have any more, and I have to say I've never seen them before.

We would like to buy the other books to complete the set. Does anyone have an idea where we might be able to find them?
Old 20 Apr 2006, 01:28 (Ref:1589269)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't know she wrote books.

I had the chance to spend a few hours with Lisa Dennis one time and she is very nice.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 04:45 (Ref:1589347)   #3
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I have heard of these, and have been curious to know if they are actually of any worth of just total pants. Never cared enough to investigate though...

I took a guess that they would be available via the official Mclaren website, and it indeed seems so.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 05:32 (Ref:1589358)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would have thought eBay would have them....

Yes, Dutton, they are pants.....as you'd expect for a kids book.

I'm sure children quite like them though!
Old 20 Apr 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1589704)   #5
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the tips. Yep, the McLaren site does have them, but when we factor in currency conversion and the cost of shipping it out, it turns out to be about A$30, whereas my wife bought the book for A$5!

The books are probably too advanced for my daughter but she had fun trying to stick the book in her mouth!
Old 21 Apr 2006, 22:54 (Ref:1591305)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Yes, Dutton, they are pants.....as you'd expect for a kids book.

I'm sure children quite like them though!
Yeah, well, I knew they were kids books...I was more meaning if they were any good as kids books!
Old 21 Apr 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1591310)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, we shall never know!
Old 22 Apr 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1592022)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
There is such a thing as asking the kids who know them...

Thus I was figuring any parents who venture into the thread, whose kids would be able to form such judgements, would be able to pass on said judgement.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1595665)   #10
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
so why do Sammy Satellite and Wendy Wind Monitor insist it's going to be a beautiful day?
Aha so these are the people we need to blame seeing as the weather forecast always seems to be wrong...