Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 28 Dec 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3948816)   #6301
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes true but apparently it falls under business law. We shall of course see. However with Ford and VW putting into the infrastructure it would be strange to bet against them. Don't forget they will be subject to big fines if they dont produce enough EVs. However the car itself is pretty good. And of course is being offered at a discount right now.

And yes I know there needs to be more power stations.
Old 28 Dec 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3948817)   #6302
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Tesla have at least made the possibility of sharing easier by retro-fitting the Supercharger network with CCS charge cables alongside the ones with unique plug used by the Model S & X. The 3 & Y have CCS sockets, and the latest V3 chargers will supply up to 250kW peak charge rate......
Old 28 Dec 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3948819)   #6303
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jig saw Port Isaac..JPG
Views:	22
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	55881
Hope you all had a great Christmas. Mrs Delta has finally stopped me moaning. Best Christmas present iv'e had.
Old 28 Dec 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3948822)   #6304
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Tesla have at least made the possibility of sharing easier by retro-fitting the Supercharger network with CCS charge cables alongside the ones with unique plug used by the Model S & X. The 3 & Y have CCS sockets, and the latest V3 chargers will supply up to 250kW peak charge rate......
Yup I think that suggests they are preparing to share the service. At a price of course but still a hell of a lot cheaper than fuel. Us pensioners have to think about these things.
Old 28 Dec 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3948823)   #6305
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 55881

Hope you all had a great Christmas. Mrs Delta has finally stopped me moaning. Best Christmas present iv'e had.
Where's that a picture of?

Are you back at work yet? We had first test of 2020 yesterday with a new driver, and back out tomorrow with the usual suspects.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Dec 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3948824)   #6306
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Attachment 55881
Nice! Presume somewhere in Cornwall?

The talk of ‘V’ bombers on the Bauble thread reminded me of the reason for their existence- the so called ‘Cold War’. Coincidentally watching film ‘Bridge of Spies’, and must be first time I’ve seen a Lockheed U-2 spy plane for many years!
Old 28 Dec 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3948825)   #6307
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trying out Tapatalk as bored.

Here are some pics of my Go Kart in the garage at the moment. Not going to get any awards these . Should still be ready by end of January hopefully as had a setback with the Carburettor.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
Old 28 Dec 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3948827)   #6308
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Are you back at work yet? We had first test of 2020 yesterday with a new driver, and back out tomorrow with the usual suspects.

Port Isaac.

The name of the file gives a clue ....
Old 28 Dec 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3948830)   #6309
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glad I turned down my "gong" again this year. No way I would want the masses knowing my address.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50929543

I think Boris should return from his holiday in Mustique to answer questions ....
Old 28 Dec 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3948831)   #6310
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Cold war, you say… With some people things can get warmer than you expect them to be. Sometimes… https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avangard_(missile)
Old 28 Dec 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3948833)   #6311
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Went back yesterday .Had a day at home sorting out garden and sheds . Found two Argo FF 2000 chassis .
Old 28 Dec 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3948836)   #6312
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Went back yesterday .Had a day at home sorting out garden and sheds . Found two Argo FF 2000 chassis .

As you do ...
Old 28 Dec 2019, 21:35 (Ref:3948843)   #6313
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I must be in a different time zone - it's still 2019 here.
Old 28 Dec 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3948852)   #6314
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Port Isaac.

The name of the file gives a clue ....
Tapatalk doesn't show the file name, just an attachment number.

Old 28 Dec 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3948855)   #6315
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I must be in a different time zone - it's still 2019 here.
It's the Bromham Standard Calendar, John, where the New Year's Day is December 27th and the last day of the month is next Wednesday, December 32nd. Our dates will coincide again on what you call the 2nd of January.

Bromham Time does not feature January 1st, which suits me.

Hope this explains it.

Old 28 Dec 2019, 22:50 (Ref:3948858)   #6316
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Tapatalk doesn't show the file name, just an attachment number.

Does Tapatalk always show the pics upside down as well? Or has that been "corrected" since you originally read the message?

In any case I think Port Isaac is one of the more recognisable places in Cornwall - there's something a little unique about it. But maybe only if one has been there or has seen Doc Martin on TV at some point.
Old 28 Dec 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3948862)   #6317
midgetman
Veteran

Tapatalk showed that picture upside down, it's the first one for a long time. It doesn't auto correct. Thankfully the Bauble Photos Thread is all correct.

I've never been to Port Isaac. When I was tiny I used to live on the south coast, down by Helston, and the few times we've been back to Cornwall have always gravitated that way. I don't think I went much further north east than Hayle.

All I know about Doc Martin is his boots.

Old 29 Dec 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3948868)   #6318
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I've never been to Port Isaac. When I was tiny I used to live on the south coast, down by Helston, and the few times we've been back to Cornwall have always gravitated that way.
I had some time based at RNAS Culdrose working on Sea King helicopters, still got friends down there.
Been “socially confused” a few times in the Blue Anchor and the Beehive pubs, although last time i was down that way the latter was closed for good
I have also done some work more recently at A&P dockyard in Falmouth.
Lovely part of the world.
Old 29 Dec 2019, 00:12 (Ref:3948869)   #6319
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The talk of ‘V’ bombers on the Bauble thread reminded me of the reason for their existence- the so called ‘Cold War’. Coincidentally watching film ‘Bridge of Spies’, and must be first time I’ve seen a Lockheed U-2 spy plane for many years!
They used to fly the TR1 version out of RAF Mildenhall. Saw them at the annual airshow a few times in the 80s, along with the SR71 Blackbird.
Old 29 Dec 2019, 05:48 (Ref:3948897)   #6320
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
They used to fly the TR1 version out of RAF Mildenhall. Saw them at the annual airshow a few times in the 80s, along with the SR71 Blackbird.
Can't ever remember seeing a U-2, but they would probably be heading east rather than North! Landing them (at least the early ones) seemed a bit of a challenge, from videos on youtube…..

How about walking into your storage area and copping your eyes on this lot every day (Porsche Museum)….

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/...tandhp#image=1
Old 29 Dec 2019, 05:55 (Ref:3948898)   #6321
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
How about walking into your storage area and copping your eyes on this lot every day (Porsche Museum)….

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/...tandhp#image=1
Bet he hasnt got a couple of forgotten Argo FF2000 chassis tucked away in the corner.
(Thinking about it probably 917's.....)
Old 29 Dec 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3948900)   #6322
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Bet he hasnt got a couple of forgotten Argo FF2000 chassis tucked away in the corner.
(Thinking about it probably 917's.....)
Perhaps they’d do a trade for something....?
Old 29 Dec 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3948905)   #6323
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's the Bromham Standard Calendar, John, where the New Year's Day is December 27th and the last day of the month is next Wednesday, December 32nd. Our dates will coincide again on what you call the 2nd of January.

Bromham Time does not feature January 1st, which suits me.

Hope this explains it.

That helps - sort of - but I'm still worried about what will happen on 29 February.
Old 29 Dec 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3948926)   #6324
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Got to love our government departments. All the work that went into online ‘data protection’ for businesses and private companies, and the cabinet office releases a list of all the New Year’s honours recipients addresses........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...list-addresses
Old 29 Dec 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3948947)   #6325
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It’s time to dream again! Upcoming ACA auction.... https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/clas...-january-2020/

The Audi track day car lived just found the corner from here for a while, and the red E30 M3 is identical to the one I owned back in the day- complete with M-Power striped (enamel) plenum and cam cover. I had a mate with an X-Pack 3.0 Capri like the one on offer, and his was also factory built. Spent a lot of time pointing in the wrong direction......