Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 May 2021, 01:30 (Ref:4051366)   #551
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Is KGR really a separate entity to Kelly Racing? I though Grove just bought in the team and Kelly Racing was morphed into Kelly Grove Racing.
The latest issue of AA suggests that Mr Grove bought into the 'racing team' while the building, equipment, engine shop etc was still a part of the Kelly Racing business.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 May 2021, 04:44 (Ref:4051373)   #552
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The latest issue of AA suggests that Mr Grove bought into the 'racing team' while the building, equipment, engine shop etc was still a part of the Kelly Racing business.
All that aside, still very weird circumstances to drop out cold turkey and go off the radar.
Old 14 May 2021, 00:12 (Ref:4051559)   #553
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
All that aside, still very weird circumstances to drop out cold turkey and go off the radar.
Mr R.Kelly is often on the teev lately showing off the "MARK" Mach1 Mustang...
Old 20 May 2021, 02:46 (Ref:4052329)   #554
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's one thing to drop of the radar if they have clashing sponsors, that's a given.

But that being said, after the spending how many days on the road last year with family and team, and what COVID has done, I don't blame him for dropping off the face of the earth.
Old 20 May 2021, 05:06 (Ref:4052330)   #555
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
But that being said, after the spending how many days on the road last year with family and team, and what COVID has done, I don't blame him for dropping off the face of the earth.
No one could argue with that.

Good to see Rickstar in the car testing this week.
Old 20 May 2021, 05:49 (Ref:4052335)   #556
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ironically today Speedcafe ran an article in which both current KGR drivers have commented on the "invaluable help" RK's involvement in the development of this year's car has been, specifically mentioning his input at test sessions having helped in particular Heimgartner.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/05/20...r-development/
Old 20 May 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4052363)   #557
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Likewise, good to see Rick at the Winton test day.
Old 20 May 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4052442)   #558
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 20 May 2021, 22:43 (Ref:4052459)   #559
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Ironically today Speedcafe ran an article in which both current KGR drivers have commented on the "invaluable help" RK's involvement in the development of this year's car has been, specifically mentioning his input at test sessions having helped in particular Heimgartner.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/05/20...r-development/
Perhaps Mr Reynolds isnt a setup guru?
Old 22 May 2021, 00:44 (Ref:4052634)   #560
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
could we see a KGR wildcard with Rick Kelly and Matt Campbell at Bathurst as mentioned on Speedcafe......seems feasible.

the more the merrier I say
Old 22 May 2021, 03:29 (Ref:4052645)   #561
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 7 Jun 2021, 23:01 (Ref:4055236)   #562
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Mr Murphy & Mr Stanaway Wildcard at Bathurst is a real thing.
Raises lots of questions about how it'll go - best of luck to them. Pretty serious commitment from Mr Boost - is that 3 cars or 4 cars now that will be carrying Boost as the main sponsor?
Old 8 Jun 2021, 04:10 (Ref:4055244)   #563
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Raises lots of questions about how it'll go - best of luck to them. Pretty serious commitment from Mr Boost - is that 3 cars or 4 cars now that will be carrying Boost as the main sponsor?
I will predict nowhere near as good as they hope.

With the **** canning Mr Boost is giving to Mr Story, you would have to have a very long hard think about entertaining any opportunity of a business collusion before signing up with Adderton surely?
Old 8 Jun 2021, 04:38 (Ref:4055246)   #564
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Yeah not sure on the competitiveness of them both without laps in the car. But what a honeymoon. Congrats on Boost for more support
Old 8 Jun 2021, 06:12 (Ref:4055248)   #565
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Congrats on Boost for more support
Not bad for a bloke who wanted nothing to do with supercars anymore when he bailed on GRM. He must have more stickers on cars than anyone.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4055279)   #566
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not bad for a bloke who wanted nothing to do with supercars anymore when he bailed on GRM. He must have more stickers on cars than anyone.
WHo cares as long as he is investing in the series and putting money where his mouth is
Old 8 Jun 2021, 11:54 (Ref:4055281)   #567
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if this is a try from Stanaway to return to motorsport full-time? I doubt he'd find a seat in Supercars but maybe something else?
Anybody know what he's been up to after his 'retirement'?
Old 8 Jun 2021, 21:54 (Ref:4055355)   #568
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I wonder if this is a try from Stanaway to return to motorsport full-time? I doubt he'd find a seat in Supercars but maybe something else?
Anybody know what he's been up to after his 'retirement'?
Was it comfirmed he had recovered fully from his back/neck problems?
Old 9 Jun 2021, 01:02 (Ref:4055370)   #569
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
I will predict nowhere near as good as they hope.

With the **** canning Mr Boost is giving to Mr Story, you would have to have a very long hard think about entertaining any opportunity of a business collusion before signing up with Adderton surely?
It was an interesting strategy to share displeasure with DJR in such a way

Just the same as the alleged 'marketing' that sees the Boost founder personally @#$%canning pretty much every story about the Supercheap wildcard.. of which the lead driver is Boost-supported

Boost dont seem to want to play in their own lane... when in reality their competition isnt other car sponsors, its other telcos...

And it difficult to figure out if all this branding (ala Wilson Security & now NTI) translates to sales... at some point diminishing returns show up

I do wonder too if a tie up with SuperCheap for Boost may have provided a larger platform for growth...
Old 9 Jun 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4055441)   #570
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Was it comfirmed he had recovered fully from his back/neck problems?
Haven't heard anything about it to be honest...
Old 10 Jun 2021, 03:19 (Ref:4055473)   #571
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to my son, Stanaway showed up in Fortnite tournaments directly after retiring from V8SC.... could've been him I guess....
Old 10 Jun 2021, 04:37 (Ref:4055477)   #572
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Haven't heard anything about it to be honest...
Richie missed number of races due to Back/Neck issues
Old 10 Jun 2021, 11:30 (Ref:4055521)   #573
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Richie missed number of races due to Back/Neck issues
Yes but I haven't heard any confirmation of whether he fully recovered.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4055534)   #574
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Yes but I haven't heard any confirmation of whether he fully recovered.
I would have thought after 2 years or there abouts he would be fine.

time will tell
Old 15 Jun 2021, 04:29 (Ref:4056457)   #575
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mostert inks multi year extension at WAU.
Puts paid to any thoughts of him being the natural choice for JW's seat at T888
Mostert seems very happy with the way things have panned out at Clayton and has signed until at least end 2023.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/06/15...wau-extension/