Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3872818)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
ZANDVOORT HISTORIC GP

The now well established Festival to include HF2, FJ Lurani, HGPCA and Masters grids.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3873785)   #2
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The FIA Historic Formula 3 European Cup will be returning to the Zandvoort Historic Grand Prix and its 2019 Edition, all information regarding entry and regulations can be found on the FIA Website.

Entry Form

Regulations
Old 3 Jan 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3873803)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
The FIA Historic Formula 3 European Cup will be returning to the Zandvoort Historic Grand Prix and its 2019 Edition, all information regarding entry and regulations can be found on the FIA Website.

Entry Form

Regulations
Just renewing my HTP. I do hope to race my March 793 at this event.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3885162)   #4
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First provisional entry list as of 14.02.2019, encouraging as we had one entry at that time of the year back in 2018. Thanks to Herr Ernst for joining again

https://www.fia.com/events/fia-histo...019/entry-list
Old 6 Mar 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3888716)   #5
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Updated entry list - https://www.fia.com/events/fia-histo...019/entry-list

Three more received since publication this morning
Old 8 Apr 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3896196)   #6
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Latest update and news on the Formula 3 - https://www.fia.com/news/strong-entr...3-european-cup
Old 30 Aug 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3924850)   #7
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters entry up on there site.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3924859)   #8
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor F1 but higher than last year I think.

Really good Sportscars.

Ok GT grid.Lower with no NKHTGT grid but still makes for a good race.

Good Touring grid but not one Mustang which odd.Interesting to see how the Dodge Dart gets on.

Overall not bad at all.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3924860)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I’m sure Masters are glad the numbers meet with your approval!

I’d say good grids for them apart from HF1. Wonder if the death of a competitor 2 years ago is still fresh in people’s memories.

Will be interesting to see how the Dutch pro driver Nicky Pastorelli fares in the 1964 Ferrari GTO against the Daytona Coupes. I wouldn’t bet against him.....
Old 30 Aug 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3924861)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Busy weekend for team Delta .3 Juniors and F3. Looking forward to my swim.👍
Old 30 Aug 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3924862)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Busy weekend for team Delta .3 Juniors and F3. Looking forward to my swim.👍
Sea should be warm after the recent heatwave!
Old 30 Aug 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3924864)   #12
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’m sure Masters are glad the numbers meet with your approval!

I’d say good grids for them apart from HF1. Wonder if the death of a competitor 2 years ago is still fresh in people’s memories.

Will be interesting to see how the Dutch pro driver Nicky Pastorelli fares in the 1964 Ferrari GTO against the Daytona Coupes. I wouldn’t bet against him.....
Well if its anything like the race at the Oldtimer GP then it will certainly be a good watch.

Hopefully they do .
Old 5 Sep 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3926036)   #13
Willmaz223
Veteran

38 HF2 cars. Incredible how the series has just gone through the roof in popularity and grid sizes.

https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...Entry-List.pdf
Old 7 Sep 2019, 04:21 (Ref:3926300)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well we sure have had some bad weather here . Strong winds well gales and heavy rain . Been great to be back out in March . Everything running well . New engine that has taken me a few years to build is strong and it’s great to be back in the March 793 that I have now owned for 35 years . I am hoping to find Michael Bleekemolen who raced the car in period . See if I can get a photo. Qualified 17 th out of 27 young hot shots well some are young 3 stone teenagers and a few old age pensioners but I’m very happy with that .We are all very close in the mid field . Race at 3.30 . Dudda is looking after us all very well . No swim yet but will go for a dip later . Cheers Iain
Old 7 Sep 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3926303)   #15
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love racing at Zandvoort, it's a great track with restaurants in easy walking distance. Is it all like a building site as they prepare for the GP?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 7 Sep 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3926323)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Max it’s ok at moment . They start work on Monday . Chuffedxto be able to do lady e Ed F3 race here .
Old 7 Sep 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3926421)   #17
Willmaz223
Veteran

Sounded like a good GT race. Another win for the blue Daytona Cobra.
Has won 6 out of 7 races now which is some going.

The HF1 race seemed a bit chaotic at the start.Good to see the Ensign win.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 05:13 (Ref:3926529)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Max it’s ok at moment . They start work on Monday . Chuffedxto be able to do lady e Ed F3 race here .
Sorry about garbled post . Should read . I am chuffed to be able to race in the very last FIA F3 race here before they change the track . Aparantly over 600.000.people applied for tickets for GP next year . Looks like my valve timing has moved and not running right so I will miss today’s race .,It’s still been a great weekend and Dudda must be very proud of his achievements with the full grid of F3 cars from all around Europe . BTW I met Slim Borgudd who set fastest lap in my car in Monaco in 1980 last night . He is coming by later so we can have a photo .
Old 8 Sep 2019, 07:06 (Ref:3926537)   #19
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry about garbled post . Should read . I am chuffed to be able to race in the very last FIA F3 race here before they change the track . Aparantly over 600.000.people applied for tickets for GP next year . Looks like my valve timing has moved and not running right so I will miss today’s race .,It’s still been a great weekend and Dudda must be very proud of his achievements with the full grid of F3 cars from all around Europe . BTW I met Slim Borgudd who set fastest lap in my car in Monaco in 1980 last night . He is coming by later so we can have a photo .
600,000. WOW. Would like to now the capacity the circuit can take.

Unlucky with the car btw. Any weekend at at historic event is good .

Crazy how small the world can seem .
Old 8 Sep 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3926539)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
200.000.tickets .
Old 8 Sep 2019, 08:09 (Ref:3926547)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Hope Slim signs the car for you- and in an ink that doesn’t rub off first time you clean the bodywork!

BTW anorak fact- Slim Borgudd was also a musician / drummer- with ABBA amongst others!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 8 Sep 2019 at 08:15.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 08:31 (Ref:3926554)   #22
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hope Slim signs the car for you- and in an ink that doesn’t rub off first time you clean the bodywork!

BTW anorak fact- Slim Borgudd was also a musician / drummer- with ABBA amongst others!
Ask him to sign it with 'The winner takes it all'.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3926555)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Ditto re Slim signing the car.

A little bit about 'Slim'and his music / motor racing.
http://en.espn.co.uk/f1/motorsport/story/6511.html

Last edited by E.B; 8 Sep 2019 at 08:50.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3926563)   #24
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually the above Slim Borgudd / Abba trivia sparked a question with me for some of you more knowlegeable than me types.

In terms of one off / odd F1 sponsors what was the association between Sauber and Chelsea FC. Chelsea logos appeared on the Saubers of Kobyashi and Perez in 2012 for a short time....

Edit: I found this which seems to suggest normal financial sponsorship deal based on exposure in new markets.
Quote:
A statement from Sauber said, "The football club benefits from Formula One's television reach which, compared with the Premier League, is much higher and more international.

"Particularly in Asia, Formula One enjoys enormous TV presence and, not least thanks to Sergio Perez (Sauber's Mexican lead driver), is currently captivating more and more fans in Latin America, as well."

The deal explains some of the wording that adorned the Sauber car in previous rounds, as the car's engine cover featured phrases "Out of the Blue" and "True Blue" at the Grands Prix in China and Bahrain.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3926565)   #25
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
200.000.tickets .
Cheers .