Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Aug 2014, 12:26 (Ref:3445680)   #1
rbm
Racer

rbm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zandvoort Historic Grand Prix 29-31 August

Zandvoort Historic Grand Prix 2014

http://www.historicgrandprix.nl/english/

hopefully we will be back in the Revis in the 500 F3 race.

Richard
Old 20 Aug 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3445695)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post
Zandvoort Historic Grand Prix 2014

http://www.historicgrandprix.nl/english/

hopefully we will be back in the Revis in the 500 F3 race.

Richard
Glad to hear you are back Richard! All fit and well I hope.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3445715)   #3
rbm
Racer

still in a fair bit of pain...

...but mostly fit, things obviously have moved forward over the last 19 weeks - still have some issues with nerve damage and there is still a potential op on the horizon to remove some bone fragments that came off the vertebra, however had the last trip to the dentists yesterday to have the damaged teeth fixed (three crowns and 2 teeth rebuilt with glue)

but best of all I have been signed off as fit to race (though the doctor did question my sanity) and thankfully got my bit of plastic back of the MSA at the end of last week!

cheers Richard
Old 20 Aug 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3445722)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That all sounds rather challenging Richard - not least the dentist part!

Glueing teeth together must be a challenging skill. Must ask my dentist about that for future reference.

I think it would be sensible to get any bone chips removed rather than wait to see if they cause problems later. Hopefully there will be improvement in the nerves over time.

The things one does for pleasure!
Old 23 Aug 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3446573)   #5
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it so expensive for one person to travel from UK to Zandvoort? Cheapest I can do it , by car from Worcestershire, via Dover is £205, plus two hotel nights, also meals. Flights start at £200 plus, while the P/O Hull -Rotterdam route is a silly £500. Must be because its still August. Any other photographers fancy meeting up and sharing expenses?
Old 23 Aug 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3446596)   #6
rbm
Racer

Peter, if you come across stop by the 500s for a beer

Richard
Old 26 Aug 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3447853)   #7
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Peter, if you come across stop by the 500s for a beer

Richard
Trip sorted. Wife's Fiat non thirsty Panda, cheap hotel for a couple of nights under airport flight-path and good deal with P&O. Everything is right in the world. See you there. Images from my last visit.
Attached Thumbnails
Zandvoort provides many natural vantage points.jpg   Jan Lammers winner Gentlemen Drivers Race in Chevy Corvette GS.jpg   zvoort sun 016.jpg  

zvoort sun 032.jpg  
Old 27 Aug 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3448293)   #8
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcos fixed after my wet weather excursion in the Marathon on the Nordschleife, so we will be there. No 96 in NKHTGT. Come and have a beer
Old 29 Aug 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3448833)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have an elva fj car with a broken clutch plate . Anyone have a spare it's a 1275 sprite plate . Thanks
Old 30 Aug 2014, 19:10 (Ref:3449114)   #10
retrognome
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We have an elva fj car with a broken clutch plate . Anyone have a spare it's a 1275 sprite plate . Thanks
Can't get into my pictures, it was a great day of racing today (Saturday) but have sent a sort of report with some images back to base. Should be up tonight. www.retro-speed.co.uk
Old 31 Aug 2014, 05:23 (Ref:3449183)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Clutch all sorted on elva . Owner very gratefull and he had a good race . Just my blooming back killing not the easiest car to work on . Just had a swim in sea now nice cuppa and then ready for another day in the delta world .
Old 2 Sep 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3449678)   #12
Jan Biekens
Rookie

Jan Biekens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Clutch all sorted on elva . Owner very gratefull and he had a good race . Just my blooming back killing not the easiest car to work on . Just had a swim in sea now nice cuppa and then ready for another day in the delta world .
Too bad you missed the pudding
See you at Spa
Old 2 Sep 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3449746)   #13
retrognome
Racer

A few pics. Copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk. We should have a full gallery up by about 18.00hrs.

David Hart looks rather pleased about beating Leo and Simon
Mike Dowd trying to keep his lead
Phil Stott Motorsport Intrepid
Chapman Junior
Andy Wolfe doing what Andy Wolfe does
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_6409_2.JPG   DSC_5844_2.JPG   DSC_5953_2.JPG  

Attached Images

Last edited by retrognome; 2 Sep 2014 at 16:02.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3449772)   #14
rbm
Racer

well what a cracking weekend. A fantastic circuit, great crowds and great racing.

during practice we found a few problems with Revis that had been missed in the rebuild so only 15th, in the 1st race the car held up better than the driver but we still gained 8 places 2nd race dropped a needle after the 1st lap - all good fun and great to be back in the car.

Ian thanks for the loan of your sock

Richard
Old 2 Sep 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3449801)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
well what a cracking weekend. A fantastic circuit, great crowds and great racing.

during practice we found a few problems with Revis that had been missed in the rebuild so only 15th, in the 1st race the car held up better than the driver but we still gained 8 places 2nd race dropped a needle after the 1st lap - all good fun and great to be back in the car.

Ian thanks for the loan of your sock

Richard
More than welcome, I'm getting desperate to own a 500. Sir John did tell me to drive the Arnott after he had shunted the Lotus but it did not seem right some how.
BTW I can now come to Castle Combe so will look forward to that.
Old 3 Sep 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3449977)   #16
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...Zandvoort.html

Finally we visited something on home turf, and it was very very worthwhile.
Old 4 Sep 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3450336)   #17
scott fisher
Rookie

scott fisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
zandvoort historic grand prix

What a great weekend,enthusiastic huge crowds even though we were up in a dead end corner,mixed weather made for some interesting racing with last minute decisions on tyre choice,a first and second place were a great result for our drivers first time in the car,zandvoort is a definite date to be kept on the calender
Old 10 Sep 2014, 02:51 (Ref:3451704)   #18
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some of you who stopped out on the circuit may have been greeted by marshals speaking in a familiar language. This was due to the fact that nine of us made the trip, many for the first time. Just like to say a huge thank you to our Dutch colleagues for their friendship and hospitality and all the drivers for a great weekend.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3451803)   #19
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Some of you who stopped out on the circuit may have been greeted by marshals speaking in a familiar language. .......
er, most of the Dutch speak better English than us anyway ;-)
Old 10 Sep 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3451964)   #20
rbm
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Some of you who stopped out on the circuit may have been greeted by marshals speaking in a familiar language. This was due to the fact that nine of us made the trip, many for the first time. Just like to say a huge thank you to our Dutch colleagues for their friendship and hospitality and all the drivers for a great weekend.
thanks as usual to all the marshals..

... and hope you enjoyed the 'start the 500' on Friday

Richard