Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 20 Sep 2023, 13:14 (Ref:4177566)   #576
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I like this Peugeot 3008.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4177696)   #577
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!

Er, the X6-style rear window is too slanted for my tastes. From this angle, the car looks like a lifted liftback.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4177697)   #578
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Volkswagen Tiguan (short wheelbase)

4.55 m long

130-260 hp gasoline engines
150-190 hp Diesel engines
200-270 hp plugin hybrid engines, 20 kWh battery

Front- or four-wheel drive

Taste like vanilla, which is good given the huge number of new ugly cars.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4177699)   #579
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Volkswagen Touareg (facelift)

Old 25 Sep 2023, 12:04 (Ref:4178264)   #580
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

Er, the X6-style rear window is too slanted for my tastes. From this angle, the car looks like a lifted liftback.
Yeah, and some point you've just made a trunk with the entire ass end as the hinge
Old 25 Sep 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4178319)   #581
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Reminds me an Actyon I bought for the price of the fuel tank content… Plus a dinner.
Old 26 Sep 2023, 17:01 (Ref:4178415)   #582
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Reminds me an Actyon I bought for the price of the fuel tank content… Plus a dinner.
Don't want to insult you but even for the price of tank of fuel that's.... The Actyon is below the Fiat Multipla.
Old 26 Sep 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4178422)   #583
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Correct. I always found the new Multipla to have a very good handling. As to the Actyon, the dinner itself was worth the effort…
Old 28 Sep 2023, 21:03 (Ref:4178692)   #584
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Honda Prologue

4.88 m long

290 hp electric engine
Front- or four-wheel drive

85 kWh battery, 155 kW DC charging
300 mi / 480 km range

It tastes like vanilla.
Old 28 Sep 2023, 21:12 (Ref:4178693)   #585
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes rather generic, but at least it's a boxy back end and not a coupe slant
Old 28 Sep 2023, 22:03 (Ref:4178696)   #586
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems as though Range Rover set the trend, and then every one else just about copies them.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 00:25 (Ref:4179061)   #587
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Reading up on the Century brand, and I must admit I didn't know this and I cannot recall ever seen any of their different models, it is basically the luxury models for the Japanese market; Lexus being the brand worldwide. The brand models started in the 60s, and seem based on the Crown range.
Century’s are great.

The second gen with the V12 is the business. (Not an SUV).

Could have had one: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ota-century-8/
More suited to Japan or UK, but…
Old 2 Oct 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4179273)   #588
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Looks like a XXL Crown. I think Mike will, or not, confirm this. I remember his story about the sophisticated and efficient airco system having inspired Rolls Royce engineers.
Old 2 Oct 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4179292)   #589
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Looks like a XXL Crown. I think Mike will, or not, confirm this. I remember his story about the sophisticated and efficient airco system having inspired Rolls Royce engineers.

Gérard, I'm afraid you've lost me as far as the XXL reference. Or do you mean the Ford Crown Vics?

As to the air-con, yes RR did indeed buy a couple of Crowns to try to emulate the system because it was far better, or so I believe, than anything else that was on the market at that time. I also read fairly recently that another manufacturer, I can't remember who at the moment, also bought a Crown for the same reason as well as to have a good look at the straight six which was a sublime engine.

As to that '97 Century, maybe my memory is a bit out of kilt, but the external styling seems to be a little out of date. And I can see some of the bodywork panels come from, or are strongly influenced by, both the late 70s and the early 80s Crown models as well a touch of Mercedes at the front.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4179436)   #590
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As to that '97 Century, maybe my memory is a bit out of kilt, but the external styling seems to be a little out of date. And I can see some of the bodywork panels come from, or are strongly influenced by, both the late 70s and the early 80s Crown models as well a touch of Mercedes at the front.
That's because Century buyers are a century old or so.

A Japanese new rich would buy a Lexus or a German / Italian car.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4179446)   #591
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:

A Japanese new rich would buy a Lexus or a German / Italian car.

You would think so; however even though the Lexus brand cars were started in the 1980s, Toyota only commenced domestic sales in 2005; Century was their premium brand in Japan.

And currently, Toyota are severely restricting the allocation of new Lexus cars to their domestic dealerships because of the shortage of components especially semiconductors.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 14:54 (Ref:4179459)   #592
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
After a century, those people bought a Toyopet…
Old 10 Oct 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4180869)   #593
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Skoda Kodiaq

4.75 m long

150-200 hp gasoline and Diesel engines

200 hp plugin hybrid engine
25.7 kWh battery

Old 11 Oct 2023, 14:25 (Ref:4181001)   #594
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
BMW X2 / iX2

4.55 m long

Yes it's a re-skinned X1 / iX1.
Old 11 Oct 2023, 14:28 (Ref:4181002)   #595
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I prefer the Skoda over the BMW.
Old 11 Oct 2023, 19:21 (Ref:4181030)   #596
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has BMW put the X6 on a boil wash?
Old 16 Oct 2023, 13:48 (Ref:4181721)   #597
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I prefer the Skoda over the BMW.
BMW really has lost its way in the design department hasn't it? Everything else in this thread looks better than that BMW. The Honda is incredibly dull looking and instantly forgettable but that BMW is offensively ugly.
Old 17 Oct 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4181824)   #598
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
BMW really has lost its way in the design department hasn't it? Everything else in this thread looks better than that BMW. The Honda is incredibly dull looking and instantly forgettable but that BMW is offensively ugly.
Whatever model of BMW SUV was the safety car at Petit was hideous. It looked ok moving on track in the dark, but standing by it stationary in daylight was rough. There were just all these extra creases that didn't need to be there.
Old 17 Oct 2023, 15:26 (Ref:4181837)   #599
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
BMW X7 (facelift)

Quote:
Skoda Kodiaq

Those taillights look the same to me.
Old 17 Oct 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4181842)   #600
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Those taillights look the same to me.

At first glance, yes they do look similar. However, the BMW's are almost flat from top to bottom on the rear quarter and tailgate whilst the Skoda's has a crease through the centre.