Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Oct 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4182154)   #1576
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Not possible by regulation
I suppose they could make an exception, more than it should be as a thank you to Glickenhaus that he was at the beginning of Hypercar when no one wanted to be!!!
Old 20 Oct 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4182156)   #1577
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
You're grossly overestimating the ACO's loyalty towards privateers...
Old 20 Oct 2023, 21:35 (Ref:4182203)   #1578
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I suppose they could make an exception, more than it should be as a thank you to Glickenhaus that he was at the beginning of Hypercar when no one wanted to be!!!
It would be nice for them to reward them for entering nearly 2/3rds of the races.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 06:29 (Ref:4182249)   #1579
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I wonder if that Pipo motor will have a life somewhere else. Weren't McLaren sniffing around for an engine? Handy not to have another OEM's name in it.
According to the Dailysportscar article the Pipo engine need upgrades to remain competitive, which is one of the reasons why Glickenhaus stops.

That sounds to me it need work (and investment) for a new project. So it seems not that easy to put the engine into another project.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...programme.html
Old 21 Oct 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4182270)   #1580
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am just grateful Glick gave us a load of good memories for us and them. They certainly didn’t disgrace themselves and showed quite a few doubters they could do it. Sadly time has caught up with them and as more manufacturers have come in, they needed to go some to stay competitive and it just seems it’s gone way beyond their means and with nothing on the horizon, they’ve made the understandable decision to quit. We’ll miss Jim and his crew, but we will never forget the effort that was put in
Old 27 Oct 2023, 19:33 (Ref:4183242)   #1581
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When the Glickenhaus project was announced, I was ready to see another small team trying to make it to the finish line. But it was totally different, they really did well with great performance saving the distance with the hybrid cars. Sadly we cauldn't see them a couple of years ago, competing with Rebellion, SMP, DragonSped and ByKolles.
Old 28 Oct 2023, 20:25 (Ref:4183376)   #1582
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad they leave.

I like the team
And I like small manufcaturers.

But I do not like Mr Glick, not at all. I found he was very arrogant and not nice person.
So for him I am not sad, but am sad for nice people that worked for team and because car itself was nice.
Old 28 Oct 2023, 22:43 (Ref:4183412)   #1583
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not nice in a being nasty about people in public way?

Briefly met him at Sebring. He was nice.
I would like him to come on here again so I can say thank you.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 02:17 (Ref:4183455)   #1584
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Successful guy at most everything he's done, outspoken and can rub people the wrong way at times, can be a bit bombastic but you don't get to have enough money to build a LM car without being so.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 10:00 (Ref:4183501)   #1585
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Jim put his money where his mouth was; that deserves respect, personal opinions of him aside. A true privateer in an era where the top classes basically require factory backing to be anything close to competitive.

As much as I wasn't a fan of his outspokenness, I'll miss the cars, the team and what they stood for.
Old 1 Nov 2023, 22:32 (Ref:4183996)   #1586
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
As much as I wasn't a fan of his outspokenness, I'll miss the cars, the team

That is probabely better said what I mean.

I do not like at all the way he talked but I liked the cars and the teams.

Just like I do not like Mr. Marko from Red Bull F1 team. For the same reasons.
Old 2 Nov 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4184032)   #1587
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The times I saw Jim at Le Mans in ‘22 he was always very humble and polite to everyone. Twice I saw him meet with Toyota personel, where he would always greet them with a gentle bow.
He is a special man, and says what he means unfiltered. Some like it, some do not, but what he brought to the table is undeniable and should be fully credited to him, as it was his passion, decesions and money, which made it happen.
Old 2 Nov 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4184033)   #1588
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The times I saw Jim at Le Mans in ‘22 he was always very humble and polite to everyone. Twice I saw him meet with Toyota personel, where he would always greet them with a gentle bow.
He is a special man, and says what he means unfiltered. Some like it, some do not, but what he brought to the table is undeniable and should be fully credited to him, as it was his passion, decesions and money, which made it happen.
I met him briefly at Le Mans in 2022 and at Goodwood FOS in 2021 and although we didn't have long conversations as such, he appeared very pleasant and happy to engage with us, the punters. I'm a great supporter. If he rubbed people up the wrong way, then they probably deserved it. Like Adam, I'd love it for him to come back on here so that we can thank him directly.
Old 4 Nov 2023, 12:59 (Ref:4184296)   #1589
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
If he rubbed people up the wrong way, then they probably deserved it.
I agree with everything you said, except this, lol. He was not above a wild inappropriate comment.
Old 4 Nov 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4184316)   #1590
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True.... But I'm happy to forgive him....
Old 4 Nov 2023, 14:13 (Ref:4184317)   #1591
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I agree with everything you said, except this, lol. He was not above a wild inappropriate comment.
His comments regarding sim racing were (and still are) laughable, for instance. Again, good on him for taking the money and time to go racing for real at the top level, with the considerable effort that takes. But he was more than slightly ignorant of the fact that most racing fans cannot afford to drop three figures and more importantly, considerable amounts of free time, on racing even at the lowest, cheapest level.

I'm sure Jim himself would recognise and uphold everyone's right to disagree with him ... if he unblocked everyone who called him out on it!
Old 4 Nov 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4184327)   #1592
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
His comments regarding sim racing were (and still are) laughable, for instance. Again, good on him for taking the money and time to go racing for real at the top level, with the considerable effort that takes. But he was more than slightly ignorant of the fact that most racing fans cannot afford to drop three figures and more importantly, considerable amounts of free time, on racing even at the lowest, cheapest level.

I'm sure Jim himself would recognise and uphold everyone's right to disagree with him ... if he unblocked everyone who called him out on it!
This.

Love the team and the private entry building something and the entire philosophy of how and why this team goes racing. And I'll continue to support them. But "out of touch with the realities of the world" is not an unfair assessment.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 11:43 (Ref:4187510)   #1593
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully he has the resources to ramp up his production cars, and has enough money to race his GT3 car going forward.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 11:49 (Ref:4187512)   #1594
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

As you may (or may not) be aware - his comments were initially not about gaming - but about the Aston Valkyrie AMR Pro - his comments on gaming came only after an online pile-on pushed by people that should know better.

Ask yourself this question - how many people online calling you names would it take before you replied in kind?
Old 27 Nov 2023, 13:43 (Ref:4187528)   #1595
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, online and not buyers of my product? How many people are on the planet now?
Old 27 Nov 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4187531)   #1596
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Feel like this post by stir the pot a bit.

Being on Twitter means putting up with people making personal attacks. Is that acceptable? No, of course it's not. Should these people be on the platform? No. Is it ok that we have to put up with that? No, of course it's not. But that's the world we live in.

Countless personal attacks a day are thrown at the bosses of every big company in the world. But you don't see Bill Gates losing the plot and attacking back on Twitter. Part of being the man in charge is knowing not to pick battles with idiots - especially when you're an emotional person who'll then bring down others with them.

Additionally - it isn't a good idea to use a platform to make personal attacks against people. We can all agree on that. And we should all perhaps think about practicing what we preach.

I will miss Glickenhouse in WEC. For the same reason I'll miss ByKollesVanwallLotus. Because the little guys are important too and that's the spirit of Le Mans. The grid is indeed better in 2024 than it was in 2023, but it's going to be that tiny bit worse without Glick and Vanwall.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 16:32 (Ref:4187576)   #1597
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I will miss Glickenhouse in WEC. For the same reason I'll miss ByKollesVanwallLotus. Because the little guys are important too and that's the spirit of Le Mans. The grid is indeed better in 2024 than it was in 2023, but it's going to be that tiny bit worse without Glick and Vanwall.

Agreed. Would take Glick and Vanwall back over a 3rd AFC Ferrari.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 17:09 (Ref:4187582)   #1598
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, that's the difference between his car and the AMR Valkyrie. Aston Martin decided to wait until the LMDh's came in, to assess their capabilities before choosing to enter. They already had a worthwhile challenger, they just needed to know.

Whereas Glickenhaus, who since 2018 season, had their early success blunted by the incoming LMDhs', which later proved too hard to overcome. With more car companies entering their cars for the WEC, as well as Le Mans, Glickenhaus found themselves in an untenable situation. It was either make major updates and upgrades, which would cost a surprising amount, or take some time away to make a assessment of where you want to be in this 'new era'.

They chose the latter. Understandable...
Old 27 Nov 2023, 23:03 (Ref:4187611)   #1599
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Ask yourself this question - how many people online calling you names would it take before you replied in kind?
Seeing as it's actually happened to me - 12,000 at last count, and I have kept my trap shut and taken it on the chin rather than lash out or cry and threaten to take my toys home. And while I don't have the public-facing issue Jim has, I also don't have millions to console myself with.

Quote:
As you may (or may not) be aware - his comments were initially not about gaming - but about the Aston Valkyrie AMR Pro - his comments on gaming came only after an online pile-on pushed by people that should know better.
I do know actually, but your immediate assumption that I did not (and that my criticism was therefore misguided and void) is not the best look for someone who is aiming to distance themselves from more "low brow" sportscar media.

Last edited by J Jay; 27 Nov 2023 at 23:13.
Old 4 Dec 2023, 22:37 (Ref:4188297)   #1600
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
His comments regarding sim racing were (and still are) laughable, for instance.
I've wasted thousands on "sim racing" (pounds and hours) and I've got to be honest, he's kind of got a point. It is just a computer game, and tbh I find one of the most laughable things to be how seriously some people take it, far more seriously than people doing the real thing do. The racing is good fun, and it's good competition, but at the end of the day it's still a game.

As for the man, I can't say I admired the way he carries himself all the time, but the admiration I have for taking on the big boys outweighs that. I'd be interested to how differently he was received if he was labelled "non-neurotypical", I suspect that plenty in sim racing would flip their opinion of the dude.