Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 4 Aug 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3841485)   #26
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
My apologies. I made a mistake in listing the years.
Of course, the Reynard 90D did not even exist in 1989 (at least: not race-ready surely)

It should have been like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Gert with respect that is so wrong that to put it right would mean starting again. As the results are on the web people just need to look at them.
I merely quoted what I found in Sheldon black books.
If you think it is wrong, then maybe complain to the authors. They will surely be happy if you can point out their obvious mistakes and may as well credit you for the additional information you undoubtably will contribute.

in F3000 International in 1990 they had:
* Reynard 90D-008 (Eric Van de Poele) [1] [3] [5] [6] [7] [9] [10] [12] [13] [15] [17]
* Reynard 90D-019 (Giovanni Aloi, Otto Rensing, Marco Greco, Vittorio Zoboli) [1] [3] [5] [6] [7] [9] [10] [12] [13] [15] [17]
* Reynard 90D (no number mentioned) (Thierry Délubac) [15] [17]

The cars in British F3000 in 1990 were
* Lola T89 [2] [4] [11] [14] [16] [18]
* Reynard 90D-008 (Vittorio Zoboli, Paolo delle Piane) [4] [8] [11] [14] [16] [18]
* Reynard 90D (no number mentioned) (Thierry Délubac) [14] [16] [18]

The cars in British F3000 in 1991 were
* Reynard 90D-024 (Amato Ferrari) [21] [22] [23]
* Reynard 90D-008 (Thierry Délubac), Perry McCarthy [21] [23]

Source:
A Record Of Grand Prix And Voiturette Racing, Vol. 13 - Paul Sheldon & Duncan Rabagliati
[1] page 44 - Donington 200 Gold Cup - 22.04.1990
[2] page 45 - British F3000 Championship - Snetterton - 07.05.1990
[3] page 47 - XLII International Trophy - 19.05.1990
[4] page 49 - British F3000 Championship - Brands Hatch - 28.05.1990
[5] page 50 - Grand Prix de Pau - 04.06.1990
[6] page 51 - Gran Premio de Jerez - 17.06.1990
[7] page 52 - European Formula 3000 Championship - Monza - 24.06.1990
[8] page 53 - British Formula 3000 Championship - Brands Hatch - 01.07.1990
[9] page 54 - Gran Premio del Mediterraneo - 22.06.1990
[10] page 55 - European Formula 3000 Championship - Hockenheim - 28.07.1990
[11] page 59 - XXXVII Gold Cup - Oulton Park - 12.08.1990
[12] page 59 - European Formula 3000 Championship - Brands Hatch - 18.08.1990
[13] page 60 - Birmingham Super Prix - Birmingham - 27.08.1990
[14] page 63 - British Formula 3000 Championship - Brands Hatch - 09.09.1990
[15] page 64 - Grand Prix de France 3000 - Le Mans - 23.09.1990
[16] page 66 - British Formula 3000 Championship - Silverstone - 30.09.1990
[17] page 67 - XXXI Grand Prix de Nogaro - 07.10.1990
[18] page 68 - British Formula 3000 Championship - Donington - 14.10.1990

[21] page 109 - British Formula 3000 Championship - Oulton Park -29.03.1991
[22] page 113 - British Formula 3000 Championship - Donington - 28.04.1991
[23] page 115 - British Formula 3000 Championship - Brands Hatch - 12.05.1991
Old 13 Feb 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4035014)   #27
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi gents. I’m interested in anything you can tell me about 006
Old 13 Feb 2021, 22:48 (Ref:4035022)   #28
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From memory Richard Dean had a Cobra 90D at a Brands round but it failed to take the start. The car wouldn't fire up and after being 2 laps down they gave up. There were also a few others some correctly and incorrectly posted above.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4035073)   #29
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
The Steve Cramp Formula Holden Reynard 90D to be more specific.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 01:13 (Ref:4043192)   #30
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Old 27 Mar 2021, 01:14 (Ref:4043193)   #31
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
The Steve Cramp Formula Holden Reynard 90D to be more specific.
Who are you in the scheme of things?
Why do you ask about the car or Mr Cramp?
I may have the answers.......
Old 27 Mar 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4043250)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
David is an historic racer in Australia.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4044445)   #33
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
I've just bought the Reynard 90D he used to drive, that's why I'm asking.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4044556)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
David that's a cracking acuisition! Congrats!! Have you tested it yet or are you atvsourcing engine stage?
Old 5 Apr 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4044683)   #35
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who are you in the scheme of things
Why don’t you kindly help him
Old 26 Apr 2021, 22:34 (Ref:4048012)   #36
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Thanks DrBob, I don't know what got up his nose when I simply asked for help.
I'm also after images of the Formula Holden that Craig Lowndes drove at the AGP one year, can anyone help? I've searched Autopics but they don't have any or more likely I don't know how to search accurately.
Old 26 Apr 2021, 22:40 (Ref:4048013)   #37
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
David that's a cracking acuisition! Congrats!! Have you tested it yet or are you atvsourcing engine stage?
It's complete but I'm chasing history first and waiting for the right time in the Heritage Touring Cars calendar before I put it on track for a practice day.
Old 26 Apr 2021, 22:44 (Ref:4048014)   #38
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
David is an historic racer in Australia.
Isn't it ironic that a man with an apparent attitude issue and uses a false name asks a man who openly uses his real name "who are you in the scheme of things"? Thanks for enlightening him for me Chunterer but I certainly don't expect any help from him with that attitude.
Old 2 May 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4049282)   #39
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
“ Mr Towe
I am not on this forum and your initial posting was directed to me by a friend so I asked him to post "who you where in the scheme things” as a 90D car has
just been purchased by my customer that was allegedly driven by Mr Cramp and you are not a name mentioned by my customer in the preparation of his cars
nor are you my customer!

Coupled to this I am in middle of sorting out parts to Mr Cramp for another F3000 car he has rebuilt and he comes to visit me on his UK trips.

So If you want any help firstly you remove all your snotty posts here.
Once you and the other poster who rattled off unnecessarily have done that you can PM the poster with your email details and car chassis number and you may get some assistance.
Old 3 May 2021, 04:29 (Ref:4049325)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There is an F4000/FHolden group on FB.. if you reach out to Rohan Carrig who contributes significantly to the page, you might be able to get the gems of history you are looking for.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 May 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4049366)   #41
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Rohan is helping already thanks. It turns out that it wasn't ex Steve Cramp and Rohan has some ideas but is now looking for the proof. Thanks anyway GTR.
Old 3 May 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4049368)   #42
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
“ Mr Towe
I am not on this forum and your initial posting was directed to me by a friend so I asked him to post "who you where in the scheme things” as a 90D car has
just been purchased by my customer that was allegedly driven by Mr Cramp and you are not a name mentioned by my customer in the preparation of his cars
nor are you my customer!

Coupled to this I am in middle of sorting out parts to Mr Cramp for another F3000 car he has rebuilt and he comes to visit me on his UK trips.

So If you want any help firstly you remove all your snotty posts here.
Once you and the other poster who rattled off unnecessarily have done that you can PM the poster with your email details and car chassis number and you may get some assistance.
Hello Mr Mystery man friend of Thundersports, perhaps you and I were taught manners differently because I, and apparently others took your initial response to be a bit abrupt. When I was taught manners in Kent I was taught to phrase a question a little more politely than you. " firstly you remove all your snotty posts here" there was only one post of mine that could have been construed as "snotty" and that was after you had your impolite comment posted for you. Sorry Thundersports I didn't realise you were merely the conduit for Mr Mystery Man.
I don't hide behind false names etc. and as such my email address is
djtowe2@bigpond.com if you'd like to help get a car back on track. Chassis number 006 as it states in previous posts. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated, if you feel like helping.
So we can take this private and not bore the rest of the contributors why don't you send me your name and email address and we can behave like the civil motorsports enthusiasts we are.
Cheers
David Towe
Old 3 May 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4049369)   #43
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Apparently Steve Cramp had chassis no. 019 and not the one I've bought.
Old 4 May 2021, 03:16 (Ref:4049529)   #44
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hello Mr Mystery man friend of Thundersports, perhaps you and I were taught manners differently because I, and apparently others took your initial response to be a bit abrupt. When I was taught manners in Kent I was taught to phrase a question a little more politely than you. " firstly you remove all your snotty posts here" there was only one post of mine that could have been construed as "snotty" and that was after you had your impolite comment posted for you. Sorry Thundersports I didn't realise you were merely the conduit for Mr Mystery Man.
I don't hide behind false names etc. and as such my email address is
djtowe2@bigpond.com if you'd like to help get a car back on track. Chassis number 006 as it states in previous posts. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated, if you feel like helping.
So we can take this private and not bore the rest of the contributors why don't you send me your name and email address and we can behave like the civil motorsports enthusiasts we are.
Cheers
David Towe
This forum needs a "like" button.

I'm another that took Mr Mystery Man's post as rather abrupt, and frankly, rather ignorant, and arrogant.
Old 4 May 2021, 04:52 (Ref:4049532)   #45
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post

I'm another that took Mr Mystery Man's post as rather abrupt, and frankly, rather ignorant, and arrogant.
Add me to that list too.
Old 4 May 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4049713)   #46
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too.

I always thought forums were to post thoughts and ask for help/advice if needed. Not to receive a load of grief.
Old 17 May 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4052021)   #47
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Thanks for your support gents, I've just returned from racing the M3 at Morgan Park and then a week of holidays and have just had a quick look in my emails and PMs but can't see anything from Mr.Mystery Man as I call him so I guess he's not going to help me. I would have thought a man who apparently makes a commission from car sales/restorations would want to enhance his reputation by helping and thereby gaining some kudos rather than being a bit of a thin skinned dick about things (I'll probably get thrown in 10/10ths gaol for that one or have the comment censored} but there's always a first time for everything.
Old 20 May 2021, 06:53 (Ref:4052351)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for your support gents, I've just returned from racing the M3 at Morgan Park and then a week of holidays and have just had a quick look in my emails and PMs but can't see anything from Mr.Mystery Man as I call him so I guess he's not going to help me. I would have thought a man who apparently makes a commission from car sales/restorations would want to enhance his reputation by helping and thereby gaining some kudos rather than being a bit of a thin skinned dick about things (I'll probably get thrown in 10/10ths gaol for that one or have the comment censored} but there's always a first time for everything.
Thanks David and never mind, ya can't please everyone!