Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Nov 2023, 05:49 (Ref:4187728)   #1
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
speedy27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Sandown 2023 photo collection

The following is a link to my pics from this year's event, which took place a few weeks ago. Please note that I only covered four of the categories competing this year.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/petere...77720312889533
Old 29 Nov 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4187734)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some great pictures there speedy. Thank you.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4187746)   #3
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Some great pictures there speedy. Thank you.

Thanks Peter
Old 29 Nov 2023, 11:10 (Ref:4187747)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I also started following you on Flickr.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 13:10 (Ref:4187763)   #5
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I also started following you on Flickr.

Thank you, Peter. I hope you enjoy the collection - make sure that you use the album view, which is my main page there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterellenbogen/albums

Just finished the 40th consecutive year of pursuing my motorsport passion through the lens, and highlights of much of what I've done in the digital era are included. More recently, I've slimmed down the album uploads to mixed highlights only, but prior to that the format was highlights first followed by category-specific images. If you click on the greyed out 'show more' below the album name, it'll show you the sequence for each album - and there's also a link to the results in each album, if you want to ID any of the cars. Thanks again and take care.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 13:12 (Ref:4187766)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great photos speedy.... I was there all weekend but circumstances and other duties there led to me not seeing as much of the racing as I would have liked. A few visits onto the pit garage roof was all I got a chance to do in terms of watching.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4187772)   #7
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Great photos speedy.... I was there all weekend but circumstances and other duties there led to me not seeing as much of the racing as I would have liked. A few visits onto the pit garage roof was all I got a chance to do in terms of watching.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for looking!
Old 29 Nov 2023, 15:26 (Ref:4187789)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great pictures.

I assumed it would be a Holden fest but there's a lot diversity.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 20:19 (Ref:4187806)   #9
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see there's a couple of Pro-Sport 3000s on there - are these emigrees from the short lived UK series, or was there an Aussie series for these as well?

Superb pictures by the way.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 09:48 (Ref:4187836)   #10
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Great pictures.

I assumed it would be a Holden fest but there's a lot diversity.

Thanks! These events are never a Holden fest; rather a diverse view of the fullest extent of Australian motorsport history from the 1930's up to and including the early 90's. Touring car racing only started becoming a massive thing here around the mid-70's, as was the case in many places around the world. In '93, top level touring cars went Holden and Ford only and that category has only fairly recently sometimes been included in historic events, mostly as high speed demo's rather than actual races.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4187837)   #11
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
I see there's a couple of Pro-Sport 3000s on there - are these emigrees from the short lived UK series, or was there an Aussie series for these as well?

Superb pictures by the way.

They are awesome! Definitely ex-UK, as never run as a contemporary series here. It's a shame they never really took off, but being UK-only was always going to be a bit of a challenge for numbers. And thank you!