Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Nov 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3940653)   #1051
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
I hear that the current TCR Europe champion driver is in talks.....
That's surprising, as I remember him saying how much better the TCR regs are over the BTCC. He'll be wanting a WTCR seat I'm sure, but obviously that's a lot easier said than done!

As for the others, Lloyd wants to be back in TCR Europe (though I suppose he'll be looking at BTCC deals too) and Kent isn't really on the BTCC level yet.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 23:15 (Ref:3940663)   #1052
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
The official Supercars website states Ash Sutton is still in frame for Walkinshaw Andretti United seat. If it's true, I can imagine this is his top priority. I have a feeling he won't be in BTCC. If not Supercars maybe TCR Europe? Although would be a shame if he doesn't return to BTCC next year.
sutton, jordan and chilton all staying in btcc next year. mark my words.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3940688)   #1053
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
We'll see in a few months time
Old 15 Nov 2019, 09:23 (Ref:3940695)   #1054
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't read too much into the low rent photoshop as to what the car will look like. These art style ones always have body parts, wings and wheels at wrong angles, sizes and shapes. Just compare the MG, Audi S3, Insignia, Subaru, Mercedes and the Moffat Infiniti launch renders to the actual cars. Even the 3d renders of the BMW 330 and Corolla are substantially different to the real cars, less so in the Toyota's case.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3940701)   #1055
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Marked

TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Excelr8Hyundai i30Smith ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Excelr8Hyundai i30Osborne ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Team DynamicsHonda CivicCammish2yr contract confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda CivicNealConfirmed as driver pairing in press release
WSRBMW 330iOliphantReported as continuing next year with the team
Power MaxedVauxhall ?PlatoTalked about engine / chassis developments for 2020 in interview
SpeedworksToyota CorollaIngramConfirmed Ginsters backing for 2020 in article
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50Moffatselling Merc+TBL
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?RowbottomConfirmed entry in Facebook post
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?MorganBrands Hatch summary confirms 2020 return
HARDVW CCGoffOn BTCC.net (and others)

Likely Entries   
HMS RacingAlfa GiuliettaAustinHold TBL - have been testing
WSRBMW 330i??????
Power MaxedVauxhall ???????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
BTC RacingHonda CivicSmiley ?New cars for 2019
BTC RacingHonda Civic???New cars for 2019
HARDVW CCThompsonClaims to have exciting 2020 news on social media soon
HARDVW CCCoatesGilham #tagging?
HARDVW CC??????

Possible Entries   
BMR??????State they are committed to BTCC future
BMR??????State they are committed to BTCC future
AmDHonda Civic??????
AmDHonda Civic??????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
Team ParkerBMW ???????
MotorbaseFord Focus???TBL on loan for 2019
???MB A-Class???TBL+Car on sale from Laser Tools
???Jag ?CreesRumoured by Crees in a Facebook interview
Laser ToolsInfiniti Q50SuttonSutton tested car (BMR leaving?)
WSRBMW 330iJordanLost Pirtek sponsorship, says he wants to stay in the BTCC, but only with WSR
Maximum Motorsport??????Lines evaluated a PMR car, and wants to run a young driver in BTCC
??????ChiltonHas been critical of the Focus in the press

Entries with doubt   
??????SheddenSpeculation about wanting a return
??????M.JacksonLinked to half of the teams on the grid
??????BlundellStated that he is undecided about a 2020 return
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
Simpson RacingHonda CivicSimpsonRumoured to have vocalised a withdrawal
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai

Words Marked   
??????Suttontouring fan01
??????Jordantouring fan01
??????Chiltontouring fan01
??????FilesTR4racer
???Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
???BMW 330iCollardAlfisti

I might not include the 'Words Marked' in future table updates, but at the moment it feels right when we have assertions that drivers/cars will appear, but there is no formal announcement.
Hopefully it recognises where there is knowledge amongst the posters here, and allows the rest of us to identify reliable sources.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3940717)   #1056
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any realistic prospect for either of Matt Neal’s boys to step up into the BTCC? Although it doesn’t count for that much, Henry did win the championship he was entered in 2019 so career-progression wise there isn’t really much else for him to go to?

A similar question could be posed around James Turkington
Old 15 Nov 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3940758)   #1057
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully we should see the Hyundais in February.

“Having the chassis and with work already underway in preparing them, we’re hoping it won’t be a last-minute thing. We don’t have the resources of a team like West Surrey Racing or Team Dynamics, but we’ve already made a good start. We’re aiming for two complete cars up and running by mid-February, with a full testing programme in time for March.”
Old 15 Nov 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3940761)   #1058
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=crmalcolm;3940370]In August,
[URL="

And whilst we're on the subject of sponsorship on a 'manufacturer' entry. Let's not forget that the biggest advertising space on the BMW entry is given to:
GardX - an independent company owned by the Coutin family and based in Hampshire.
[/QUOTE]

Actually it is BMW Protect X, not GardX, may be the same product but was GardX when Sam Tordoff drove for the team I think. JCT600 dropped BMW as a sales brand, still do service though, just done my Z4
Old 15 Nov 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3940769)   #1059
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Actually it is BMW Protect X, not GardX, may be the same product but was GardX when Sam Tordoff drove for the team I think. JCT600 dropped BMW as a sales brand, still do service though, just done my Z4
Yes, the space is given to the BMW branded product, but I was referring to the company that pays for that space - clarifying that it is a 3rd party sponsor.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3940796)   #1060
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Sonic has signed a deal I hear, the other two I can well believe will be back.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3940798)   #1061
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Sonic has signed a deal I hear, the other two I can well believe will be back.
Hmm, I wonder who with? He didn't do as well as I expected with the Focus this year, mind you, that may have not been the car's fault. Michael Caine made him look a bit lacklustre in the final round didn't he?
Old 15 Nov 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3940814)   #1062
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
jordan
didn't he say multiple times it will be with WSR or not at all ?

cos if that's the case it's pretty certain that WSR will have same lineup again
Old 15 Nov 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3940836)   #1063
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Uh huh. He may have a cash cow lined up.

And I seriously think Mr A Sutton and Mr A Moffat will be sharing lots of notes together. Car setup notes that is
Old 16 Nov 2019, 06:02 (Ref:3940872)   #1064
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Hmm, I wonder who with? He didn't do as well as I expected with the Focus this year, mind you, that may have not been the car's fault. Michael Caine made him look a bit lacklustre in the final round didn't he?
Norlin replacing Smiley
Old 16 Nov 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3940895)   #1065
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
didn't he say multiple times it will be with WSR or not at all ?
I don't recall him being that specific but he definitely said he would only be interested in driving for a team that could deliver the championship. That's not a big list.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3940906)   #1066
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he did say in on TTT after the final round

WSR or bust
Old 16 Nov 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3940913)   #1067
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I don't recall him being that specific but he definitely said he would only be interested in driving for a team that could deliver the championship. That's not a big list.
In his article after brands, he wrote:

'We’re working with BMW to sort something for 2020. I haven’t spoken to any other teams so if I’m on the grid next year it’ll only be with BMW.'

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/modern/2019/10/andrew-jordan-to-lose-it-by-just-two-points-is-painful-but-you-cant-dwell-on-it/
Old 16 Nov 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3940918)   #1068
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Norlin replacing Smiley
That may be a very sound call. Bert just missed a championship. Why? His no. 2 driver wasn't a patch on Shauns. Bert needs two very good drivers, and Smiley is a nice chap and not bad but is not quite there. In my opinion anyways.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3940926)   #1069
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That may be a very sound call. Bert just missed a championship. Why? His no. 2 driver wasn't a patch on Shauns. Bert needs two very good drivers, and Smiley is a nice chap and not bad but is not quite there. In my opinion anyways.
Have to disagree. Smiley was a consistent top ten runner. Has the pace to run with Cook but always seems to be caught up in incidents.

Given his links with Bert, I would be very, very surprised if Smiley was replaced.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3940951)   #1070
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what it's worth, (although I don't think she's good enough) Jade is specifically offering Btcc sponsorship packages for 2020 on her website (I. E not clio cup and not just sponsorship opportunities available) .
Old 16 Nov 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3940952)   #1071
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
For what it's worth, (although I don't think she's good enough) Jade is specifically offering Btcc sponsorship packages for 2020 on her website (I. E not clio cup and not just sponsorship opportunities available) .
She couldn't get a whole 9 round season of Clios this year, so I struggle to see her having enough for the BTCC. Agree with you, she's not good enough yet either.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3940954)   #1072
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Given his links with Bert, I would be very, very surprised if Smiley was replaced.
Agreed. Unless Bert now has less of a decision in drivers now that Dudman is on board.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3940964)   #1073
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
Why would she want sponsorship for Clio Cup?
Spending their money on BTCC, rather than other championships may actually be a better proposition for sponsors.
Old 16 Nov 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3940967)   #1074
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Why would she want sponsorship for Clio Cup?
Spending their money on BTCC, rather than other championships may actually be a better proposition for sponsors.
Sorry I thought this thread was to post where we had seen anything suggesting drivers were in the process of securing 2020 Btcc drives.
My reference to not clio cup was purely to stop people saying "probably for clios"
Old 16 Nov 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3940972)   #1075
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
She couldn't get a whole 9 round season of Clios this year, so I struggle to see her having enough for the BTCC. Agree with you, she's not good enough yet either.
Since when has being "good enough" a consideration for a BTCC drive? If you've got the budget and the license that's enough.