Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1404452)   #76
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurofarce are at it again. GP2 was supposed to start at noon (UK) on Eurofarce 2 but instead they are showing the usual news loop
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1404491)   #77
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im trying to get at least a highlights half hour of the race so i could at least record it but once again BES have decided that they dont want me to find out when gp2 will be shown......honestly this is schoolboy stuff.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1404496)   #78
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
im trying to get at least a highlights half hour of the race so i could at least record it but once again BES have decided that they dont want me to find out when gp2 will be shown......honestly this is schoolboy stuff.
According to the Sky progarmme guide they are alledgedly show GP2 at 15:00 and 15:30, but don't hold your breath
Old 11 Sep 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1404499)   #79
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
According to the Sky progarmme guide they are alledgedly show GP2 at 15:00 and 15:30, but don't hold your breath
yeah its got to the point where anywhere it says 'gp2 racing' is where you wont see gp2 racing....

im gonna have to switch between the f1 and the eurosport channels every now and then to see if i can catch any highlights.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1404503)   #80
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Campos Racing!!!

On the positive side of the weekend, I congrat the whole Campos Racing team (Adrian, Peter, and the rest of the crew) for their persistance on giving a car that permit Juan Cruz Álvarez to show its abilities at Spa and score its first five championship points in the process.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1404543)   #81
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marshals revised Race 2 results and moved back them to as they were at lap 9; then the top six are Carroll, GarcĂ*a, Viso, Speed, Rosberg and Álvarez. Carroll still holds fastest lap time.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1404544)   #82
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola
Marshals revised Race 2 results and moved back them to as they were at lap 9; then the top six are Carroll, GarcĂ*a, Viso, Speed, Rosberg and Álvarez. Carroll still holds fastest lap time.
The marshals do not revise results, that is the job of the CofC, timekeepers and Stewards
Old 11 Sep 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1404553)   #83
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Eurofarce 2 have done it again. Instead of GP2 they put on boxing. What a bunch of incompetant people who claim to be #1 for motorsports
Old 11 Sep 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1404580)   #84
bigjon
Racer

bigjon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has race 2 been shown yet? will it be?
Old 11 Sep 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1404584)   #85
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
Eurofarce 2 have done it again. Instead of GP2 they put on boxing. What a bunch of incompetant people who claim to be #1 for motorsports
you were completly correct. for a moment i was thinking, '3 o'clock, f1 just ended, now they will give us the gp2'..............but no!
Old 11 Sep 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1404586)   #86
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
UOTE=bigjon]has race 2 been shown yet? will it be?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. I have emailed Eurofarce complaining at the following email address enquiries@eurosport.com with the following text

[QDear Sir

I am writing to complain about your disgraceful coverage of todays GP2 race. I understand that your live broadcast has problems due to barrier repairs at the circuit. There has been no information since 0910BST this morning about when the race will be shown. You could have switched it to British Eurosport 2, sorry that should be British Eurofarce 2, in place of the repeated 15 minutes of news. It was shown live on International Eurpfarce so you left the British fans out. That could be classed as discrimination. It was advertised on the Sky programme guide that GP2 would be shown at noon and 12:30 BST. All we got was the same repeated news. It was also advertised at 15:00 but instead boxing. I am reporting you to the ASA and the ITC for false advertising by claiming to be #1 in motorsports. You are clearly not. You don't care about motorsport as time and time again you cancel motorsport coverage for some other minor sport that has no British interest at all. You claim that British Eurofarce has a the British interest at heartr. Rubbish. Todays race was won a British driver (Adam Carroll). Thank god I don't pay extra for your service. If I did I would ask for a refund for breach of contract. I expect a reply to this email within 24 Hours of the time this email was sent.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1404593)   #87
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great, I tune in for the GP2 half hour slots, tape recorder at ready.

Instead, I find a couple of topless, sweaty juggernauts hitting each other with gloves.

Thank you eurosport, #1 in motorsport as ever!
Old 11 Sep 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1404615)   #88
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
2 weeks running and the self proclaimed number 1 in motorsports has let me and many many other fans down bigtime. the irony of it all is that i am now sitting at the computer with eurosport left on the tv in the hope that gp2 will eventually appear some time. so instead of tuning in and tuning out for the gp2 i have had eurosport on all day in the hope that gp2 will come on......
Old 11 Sep 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1404804)   #89
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
2 weeks running and the self proclaimed number 1 in motorsports has let me and many many other fans down bigtime. the irony of it all is that i am now sitting at the computer with eurosport left on the tv in the hope that gp2 will eventually appear some time. so instead of tuning in and tuning out for the gp2 i have had eurosport on all day in the hope that gp2 will come on......
You have more chance of Bin Laden being elected Prime Minister
Old 12 Sep 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1405966)   #90
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola
On the positive side of the weekend, I congrat the whole Campos Racing team (Adrian, Peter, and the rest of the crew) for their persistance on giving a car that permit Juan Cruz Álvarez to show its abilities at Spa and score its first five championship points in the process.
Thx
Old 13 Sep 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1406924)   #91
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The races are being shown on Eurosport 2 as I write this
Old 13 Sep 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1406929)   #92
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent, thanks.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1406932)   #93
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And again no race 2 it seems!
Old 13 Sep 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1406939)   #94
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And now on Eurosport 2 - Sumo.

Old 13 Sep 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1407010)   #95
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
It's a big one, Wakasaki v Takanohana, Konishiki v Ozeki and Akebono v Jimmy Spencer.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1407021)   #96
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
It's a big one, Wakasaki v Takanohana, Konishiki v Ozeki and Akebono v Jimmy Spencer.
As in Jimmy Spencer from NASCAR?
Old 15 Sep 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1408565)   #97
Miranda
Rookie

Netherlands
Zoetermeer - the Netherlands
Miranda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oeeew the first race was great! Finally Nelsinho thé winner!
Old 15 Sep 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1408697)   #98
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guys,

fully understand all the frustration caused by Spa weather / Mini racers (the new type, of course... those of us with old Minis would NEVER hold up races like that !!) / scheduling / Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport / Eurosport International...

Frankly, it's a little hard to keep up when everything is running to plan - when it all goes pear-shaped, whoever makes the decisions is on a hiding to nothing... cut someone else's event to show a delayed one that's finally started and you upset just as many people as you please...

Apologies to those of you who'd hoped to see two great races and couldn't...

Let's hope that it's not throwing it down in Bahrain !!!
Old 15 Sep 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1408698)   #99
Kicking-back
Veteran

Martin - I know you're probably as frustrated as the rest of us, but will race 2 from Spa ever be seen by British Eurosport/Eurosport 2 viewers?
Old 15 Sep 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1408702)   #100
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
Guys,

fully understand all the frustration caused by Spa weather / Mini racers (the new type, of course... those of us with old Minis would NEVER hold up races like that !!) / scheduling / Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport / Eurosport International...

Frankly, it's a little hard to keep up when everything is running to plan - when it all goes pear-shaped, whoever makes the decisions is on a hiding to nothing... cut someone else's event to show a delayed one that's finally started and you upset just as many people as you please...

Apologies to those of you who'd hoped to see two great races and couldn't...

Let's hope that it's not throwing it down in Bahrain !!!
The trouble is Martin that Eurosport 2 were showing the news loop when GP2 was supposed on. It was advertised on the sky programme guide as GP2 from midday UK time and again at 3pm and 9pm. It was advertised as GP2 not boxing or what ever they showed at the time.