Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Feb 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3959975)   #11
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Grant, no offence taken whatsoever
If will just remember to be more careful with advice in futiure, especially in critical situations

RuE
Your advice was exactly in line with a document I later found on the (a?) Volvo web site - which seems to be wrong for the car in question. Not by much but by enough to be confusing.

I assume that there must also be some sort of emergency handbrake release option for an immobile vehicle. Is an auto box parking lock still a thing on "modern" cars? If so presumably there is some way of disengaging that as well.

I would have dived into the car's manual in more detail with such questions but with Son-in-Law about to turn up by the time we had established there seemed to be no way it would start, I thought it best to leave things to him. Driving an E class with Ad-Blue he at least has some exposure to the ins and outs of the stuff. Possibly the previous XC90 also had Ad-Blue but I'm not sure. That was a 2017 model.

I wonder what happens if the level is assessed to be too low - perhaps to an incline on the road being used at the time - as one sits in traffic on the way to obtain a refill? Does the Stop/Start system stop and not restart in mid journey?

There is potential for completely illogical operation in this technology. Too clever for many of its users. And itself.

Last edited by grantp; 26 Feb 2020 at 11:10.