Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Mar 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3966321)   #951
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just before we get told to lock down full time I thought I'd post a pic of a random car.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7165_1.jpg  
Old 23 Mar 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3966322)   #952
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just before we get told to lock down full time I thought I'd post a pic of a random car.
And it's got a Norfolk - well, Great Yarmouth - numberplate.

There, got that one in before Mike!
Old 23 Mar 2020, 18:07 (Ref:3966325)   #953
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, wonder who it belongs to?
Old 23 Mar 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3966327)   #954
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RS1600

It looks like the one I saw in the paddock at the Silverstone classic last year. Very nice
Old 23 Mar 2020, 18:26 (Ref:3966328)   #955
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotustwincam View Post
It looks like the one I saw in the paddock at the Silverstone classic last year. Very nice
I think you will find the picture was taken in the Silverstone paddock!
Old 23 Mar 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3966331)   #956
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It was indeed.
Old 23 Mar 2020, 18:32 (Ref:3966332)   #957
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Looks better than new. Can you find the owner using the DVLA data base? Or is it Mike's?
Old 23 Mar 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3966345)   #958
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Looks better than new. Can you find the owner using the DVLA data base? Or is it Mike's?
At least the DVLA date base works! Their French opposite number could learn a thing or two about creating a website.

I'm going through the process of trying to re-register my Alfa here; it is very slow, very obstructive & baffling even to a Frenchman.

When I did a similar thing 15 years ago, importing an Alfa, I simply went to the Prefecture clutching all the papers & I was in & out in half an hour with a new registration. Now, even without the Chinese virus it says I can expect to wait a month for an answer. Of course it will be a lot longer, especially if Micron extends their holiday tonight.

And I bet they didn't sack any fonctionnaires...
Old 23 Mar 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3966351)   #959
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
It's Mike's.
Old 23 Mar 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3966354)   #960
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks, Peter

John, I think we have something equivalent to the DVLA but common mortels have no access to it. What slows the process of registration is that now everything goes in the same data base - ARS may be what a nice name!- you have file containing all, I say all, informations, état civil, income, cars, passeport, id, home, unpaid fines and so on.
Of course you must understand that it will help you to… To what? To be "big brothered" in other words to be big bothered!
Old 23 Mar 2020, 20:53 (Ref:3966359)   #961
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks, Peter

John, I think we have something equivalent to the DVLA but common mortels have no access to it. What slows the process of registration is that now everything goes in the same data base - ARS may be what a nice name!- you have file containing all, I say all, informations, état civil, income, cars, passeport, id, home, unpaid fines and so on.
Of course you must understand that it will help you to… To what? To be "big brothered" in other words to be big bothered!
But ideal for the criminal element who pay for access...
Old 23 Mar 2020, 20:58 (Ref:3966363)   #962
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Thanks, Peter

Yes - I discovered they are all interconnected. I put my mobile phone number on the car registration form, & then received a government message about the virus!!
Old 24 Mar 2020, 06:13 (Ref:3966417)   #963
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
But ideal for the criminal element who pay for access...
Unfortunately right!
Yes John, they know everything now and what's new is the interconnection you mention. Your name/first name/date and place of birth opens a huge file were the slightest element is written. Open a bank account in Barcelona with only 50€ left, they know it. And with the new passeport/ID card they have your finger prints.
In case of doubt about the first line, they go to your parents name/ first name and so on… Not really easy to cheat the system at least for a French.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 06:38 (Ref:3966418)   #964
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Unfortunately right!
Yes John, they know everything now and what's new is the interconnection you mention. Your name/first name/date and place of birth opens a huge file were the slightest element is written. Open a bank account in Barcelona with only 50€ left, they know it. And with the new passeport/ID card they have your finger prints.
In case of doubt about the first line, they go to your parents name/ first name and so on… Not really easy to cheat the system at least for a French.
It is certainly getting ever more authoritarian here. Maybe it's time to move...
Old 24 Mar 2020, 07:00 (Ref:3966420)   #965
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Still, there's room for cheaters… Imagine you change only your fisrtname and one number in your birthdate…*The system can't recognize you anymore, at least not easily. I dont recommend, its strictly forbidden.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 07:59 (Ref:3966424)   #966
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Still, there's room for cheaters… Imagine you change only your fisrtname and one number in your birthdate…*The system can't recognize you anymore, at least not easily. I dont recommend, its strictly forbidden.
I have some friends who's name is Hughes & for some reason the French are simply incapable of spelling it correctly so there are places where they have 'disappeared'.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3966430)   #967
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
When my daughter came, her mother's family name was typical from Bretagne, wit a ¨ on a letter (umlaut?). The état civil didn't recognize this "ë" so I had to add it with a pencil!
Old 24 Mar 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3966482)   #968
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
When my daughter came, her mother's family name was typical from Bretagne, wit a ¨ on a letter (umlaut?). The état civil didn't recognize this "ë" so I had to add it with a pencil!
You owned a pencil, Gerry?

Lucky man.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3966504)   #969
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I was really ****ed to hear from my barber that they were shutting for now! (Before compulsory) Was booked for Friday, if home.

There’s going to be some interesting hair styles about when it’s over!
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:22 (Ref:3966507)   #970
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I already hear the bowl cut might be making a comeback due to the amount of people having to have their hair cut by their own family
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3966509)   #971
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
No doubt YouTube will have loads of videos to teach yourself cutting, but not so easy if you’re on your own......
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3966513)   #972
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thankfully it makes no difference to me.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3966516)   #973
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
I am in the process of reading Pete Lyons' superb new book on the Lotus 72, which is full of period 1970's pictures of race mechanics & the like sporting their haircuts of the day.

Just like the fashions, presumably they will make a come-back!
Old 24 Mar 2020, 13:50 (Ref:3966518)   #974
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Thankfully it makes no difference to me.
Maybe me at some point soon as well... :rofl
Old 24 Mar 2020, 14:04 (Ref:3966523)   #975
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Al Weyman posted a thread on facebook commenting that we will get some interesting hairstyles and inviting people to post some photos now and after lockdown.....general opinion is that a certain Mr Streeter might already have an edge