Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3847184)   #176
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kyvat is like Maldonado. He's good when he's not getting involved in incidents...
Old 31 Aug 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3847188)   #177
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Fair point, but Vergne was far quicker than Kvyat.
I certainly haven’t heard anyone think that before. Trev had most of them in juniors and I know who he thinks was the quickest.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3847266)   #178
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
JEV was not far off Ricciardo in their season together, and we all know how fast Danny Ricc is.

Kvyat and F1 just never worked. Another of those quick drivers with a lot of potential that didn’t make it.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3847288)   #179
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I certainly haven’t heard anyone think that before. Trev had most of them in juniors and I know who he thinks was the quickest.
They're not in juniors now...... I know who I'd take out of those two.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 19:32 (Ref:3847297)   #180
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it looks like i am going against the grain here but i always rated Kvyat, his head was clearly scrambled towards the end of his previous stint in F1 but nobody could ever doubt his outright pace, maybe a year away and a complete change of scenery has revitalised him, he is certainly well worth a second chance in my opinion, hard to believe he is still only 24 as well!!!
Old 31 Aug 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3847302)   #181
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Well, it looks like i am going against the grain here but i always rated Kvyat, his head was clearly scrambled towards the end of his previous stint in F1 but nobody could ever doubt his outright pace, maybe a year away and a complete change of scenery has revitalised him, he is certainly well worth a second chance in my opinion, hard to believe he is still only 24 as well!!!
How much is he paying you as his Manager?
Old 31 Aug 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3847304)   #182
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They're not in juniors now...... I know who I'd take out of those two.
Not JEV. For sure.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3847309)   #183
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
If I were JEV, I wouldn't even want it.

What does he have now:
* a very good Formula E drive
* a very good ELMS drive

Would you give that up to be (most likely) a 1 year stop-gap before that boy Ticktum has ammassed enough points to kick you out again?
Old 31 Aug 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3847310)   #184
peebee2
Veteran

Doesn’t really matter I can’t see he would get the offer anyway.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 22:30 (Ref:3847319)   #185
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Surely Albon must have crossed their minds?
Old 1 Sep 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3847429)   #186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Doesn’t really matter I can’t see he would get the offer anyway.
Well if we're seriously considering Kvyat, anyone could be in the frame.....
Old 1 Sep 2018, 21:54 (Ref:3847459)   #187
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

What does he have now:
* a very good ELMS drive

Would you give that up to be (most likely) a 1 year stop-gap before that boy Ticktum has ammassed enough points to kick you out again?
Not necessarily; it depends whether or not Toro Rosso replace Gasly AND Hartley.
Old 1 Sep 2018, 23:12 (Ref:3847476)   #188
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hartley should buy a lotto ticket if he keeps his drive because he really doesn't deserve to. he isn't the worst driver to ever grace the grid but he definitely picked the wrong team to be disappointing in.

for someone who was out of single seaters for years he's made a decent crack at it so fair play, and some of the TR strategy has been strange (not telling him about his time penalty at monaco until the very last minute) but honestly, if red bull have anyone remotely successful on the books with the requisite super points then they need to come in.
Old 1 Sep 2018, 23:29 (Ref:3847484)   #189
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Edit: For the record, I'm not saying Dixon had a millionare upbringing. Just that his parents social position allowed him a start many others wouldn't have gotten. It's a different scale for sure, but it's the same idea. Unfortunately, most sports have this sort of story.
no they don't. rugby, football and the pretend rugbys australians play don't have our issues. i do feel uncomfortable that one of my favourite sports is inaccessible to a wide range of people who would probably quite good at it, and our world championship contains and has always contained people who bought their way in.

do i begrudge rich kids being good at sport? not at all, or my upper middle class background would be forced to ban myself from all sports (probably a decent idea given my lack of ability at them). i am thoroughly aware motorsport requires some level of comfortable family living to get in the door and the f1 field doesn't lack for cash. does my inner skeptic ask uncomfortable questions about the legitimacy of the 'world championship' when i see many familiar sons of and hyper rich kids? yes

leclerc is a fast young guy, i just don't feel any particular attachment to him and the rest of you treated it like i ****ed on the bible so i noted this hyper sensitivity and ran with it. i always support the blokes f1 teams treat like chicanes anyway. kimi just stole pole off the terrible twosome and that's hilarious
Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3847559)   #190
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren: Perez - Norris.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3847569)   #191
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it seems Perez could return to McLaren according to reports
Old 2 Sep 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3847650)   #192
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
At the moment, McLaren would be a step back for Pérez, but, like Sainz, he may think the team has potential.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3847681)   #193
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

What does he have now:
* a very good ELMS drive

That’s basically what he said when interviewed just before the race.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3847690)   #194
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, it seems Perez could return to McLaren according to reports
I thought Perez was contracted to Force India with sponsorship deals, which is why he pulled the plug on them when owed 2 million..

And yes, JEV said on screen today.. " no way is he coming back to F1 to get sacked a year later"

Sounds like he knows his worth...

Last edited by djinvicta; 2 Sep 2018 at 18:30. Reason: Spelling atrocious. I'm in detention
Old 2 Sep 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3847724)   #195
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In that case its good to see someone not prepared to sacrifice himself on the F1 'altar'.......
Old 3 Sep 2018, 05:08 (Ref:3847806)   #196
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky reported speculation that leclerc will drive for Ferrari next year.

I noticed Kimi a little more talkative on the podium, he autographed a flag on the podium, and to top it all off he took his hat off and waved at the crowd.

Could this have been be his farewell to Ferrari fans? It looked like it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Sep 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3847831)   #197
S griffin
Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised. Monza was a great race for him, but he doesn't have races like that nearly enough anymore
Old 3 Sep 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3847832)   #198
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Kimi’s been very good all season
Old 3 Sep 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3847841)   #199
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Kimi's had his best year for some time.

However as a no.2 he's been quite restricted in ultimate results as Vettel gets the priority calls etc.

I think a Kimi of of mid 2000's would have won yesterday though.

He could still do a very good job given free reign.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 10:08 (Ref:3847849)   #200
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Vandoorne is out at McLaren.

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/tea...d-2018-season/

First Alonso, now Vandoorne. Two new drivers at McLaren next year.

A kiss goodbye from Alonso.

Last edited by F1Guy; 3 Sep 2018 at 10:25.