Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 20 Apr 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3816684)   #101
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I understand that WH Smiths in Woking stock it.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 22:20 (Ref:3816698)   #102
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Back in the old days it was a good mag. Today is a shadow of it. Full of race reports that we already read on internet.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 22:22 (Ref:3816701)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What do you consider as old days?
Old 21 Apr 2018, 07:35 (Ref:3816745)   #104
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think their circulation figures are about to fall even further. I am abou to cancel the subscription I've had for over 30 years...
Old 21 Apr 2018, 07:43 (Ref:3816747)   #105
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Modern media companies have vast amounts of information at their fingertips these days and they know what articles get the most readers. You've only got to look at F1 forums and Facebook to see which teams and drivers get talked about the most. A post about Alonso and McLaren gets massively more interest than a post about about Ocon and Force India so why would one expect a commercial magazine to ignore that?
Old 21 Apr 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3816749)   #106
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I think their circulation figures are about to fall even further. I am abou to cancel the subscription I've had for over 30 years...
You got through the last few years of last decade and the first few of this and now you decide to cancel! For me they were the nadir and it has improved a lot since then.
Old 21 Apr 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3816753)   #107
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You got through the last few years of last decade and the first few of this and now you decide to cancel! For me they were the nadir and it has improved a lot since then.
The trouble is Adam, I just don't feel compelled to red the damned thing anymore. This weeks issue is sat on my desk at work (where it is delivered) unopened, and I have the previous three editions at home, also unopened. For me it is just a waste of money. By the time the printed magazine reaches me (which is also sometimes late), apart from the 'opinion' type columns, there is no real news in there for me.
Old 21 Apr 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3816772)   #108
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I only buy ones in shop, if there’s a good reason to, otherwise I just read them all online
Old 21 Apr 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3816816)   #109
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
The trouble is Adam, I just don't feel compelled to red the damned thing anymore. This weeks issue is sat on my desk at work (where it is delivered) unopened, and I have the previous three editions at home, also unopened. For me it is just a waste of money. By the time the printed magazine reaches me (which is also sometimes late), apart from the 'opinion' type columns, there is no real news in there for me.
That is where I got in 2009ish and cancelled my subscription.

I actually have a digital subscription again. It’s easy and gets me access to Plus on the website. It’s not that expensive and I might as well.
Old 21 Apr 2018, 19:39 (Ref:3816828)   #110
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
A post about Alonso and McLaren gets massively more interest.....
.....And it keeps Chairman Zak happy.
Old 21 Apr 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3816829)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There are literally only McLaren articles on Autosport these days.
Old 21 Apr 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3816832)   #112
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Havent got anywhere near it for decades.

Used to be a good read, but then most magazines used to be.

THe vast majority of print media is now rather hopeless, hence no-one buys it anymore
Old 3 May 2018, 02:07 (Ref:3818995)   #113
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My friends at Autosport; the Rolf Stommelen piece from this past week was amazing! Thanks so much. I was at Riverside in 83 when he was killed. As he was getting into the 935, my dad was telling me all about how crazy fast the guy with the glasses was. We were sitting in behind the pit wall, making eye contact with him as he got in the car for the final time. My dad was telling me all the great stories; 917, pole at Le Mans, arrows F1, etc, etc. We heard the crash as we walked towards the back straight and later saw the wreckage....

After I started reading mags and really getting into racing I was always looking for a story on Rolf; motorsport, which you'd imagine having something, never did. Only a few years ago did Autosprint dedicate a Cuore da corsa piece on him is when finally I saw something dedicated on Rolf Stommelen in print. Along the way I asked a lot of people in racing about Rolf, and their eyes lid up when talking about how much of a bad ass he was. I even asked Paul Newman about him at an Indycar race and my question generated a good 5-minutes out of him. Which was cool, because he was busting my balls about not having the correct pass and all of a sudden he forgot and went on and on. (Things you can get away with as a teenager). LOL

Thanks again for such a cool article, and keep them coming!
Old 3 May 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3819047)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree, it's great when they have articles on some of the less well known drivers of the sport. Learned a great bit about Rolf in that article
Old 4 May 2018, 21:50 (Ref:3819542)   #115
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It was good. Only one article, but a reminder to Motorsport that they need to raise their game.
Old 17 May 2018, 01:19 (Ref:3822948)   #116
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They printed my letter about the Stommelen article, how comedy is that? And, obviously they've heard us because Alonso wasn't on the cover after winning SPA.
Old 17 May 2018, 03:22 (Ref:3822954)   #117
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
He was in the wrong car...
Old 18 May 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3823224)   #118
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame they didn't take advantage of the Monoposto Clubs 60th Birthday celebration at Snetterton. A small write up in the club section would of been a nice touch rather than lost in the race reports

Also I don't like the new format giving club results. Showing only the winner. Much prefer the old version showing the top 6.
Old 18 May 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3823225)   #119
S griffin
Veteran

I did enjoy the pre qualifying article in yesterday’s edition
Old 18 May 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3823238)   #120
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Me too
Old 18 May 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3823269)   #121
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes reminds us of when there were nearly twice as many cars enterered as now
Old 18 May 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3823294)   #122
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It’s OK apart from its continual references to Alonso and McLaren in that article. I’ve not read it yet, but now Zak owns it what else would you expect.
Old 18 May 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3823301)   #123
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Pre-qualifying was such a cool thing to watch. 11 drivers going for 4 spots is crazy when you think about it. Wasn't there 1 race where all 4 guys finished in the points?
Old 1 Jun 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3826122)   #124
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I'm blind but can find zero about LM test day. No preview. Don't even mention IMSA....
Old 1 Jun 2018, 22:38 (Ref:3826135)   #125
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Le Mans test day preview? I’m not sure I recall that even from your avatar days.