Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 Jan 2007, 23:48 (Ref:1812843)   #1
garagiste
Rookie

garagiste should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beach open wheelersand plans

hi,

I am looking for information about Beach open wheelers built in Florida during the 60's. Gene Beach produced a beautiful and successful sports racer Mk4 and open wheelers for Formula Vee, Formula Super Vee, Formula B and Formula Ford.

There is a great web site at http://www.virhistory.com/beach/ but that is the only info I have been able to find. There is no owners register although I have managed to contact the owner of a Beach T11 Formula B Alfa.

The object of my obsession is the T11 Formula B and Formula Ford plans. Beach sold plans for the cars in the late 60's and the web site above has scans of advertisements and the cover of the plans. More than that I have been unable to find. There must have been many sold but I can't find any trace of one being built other than the factory cars listed on the web site.

Does anyone know of any more Beach info, especially the plans? Or any other plans/drawings for open wheelers of the past.

thanks! Charles Hoffman.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 14:25 (Ref:1813243)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome here, Charles.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 16:52 (Ref:1814364)   #3
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Sadly, Gene Beach recently passed away. Try contacting Nick England who runs the vir site, possibly the Beach estate will have made provisions for the drawing sets.

robert
Old 14 Jan 2007, 10:19 (Ref:1814753)   #4
garagiste
Rookie

garagiste should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks

thanks Robert,

I managed to find Nick and he was very helpful - unfortunately, he didn't know of any plans, only that they were sold in the 70's. It looks like Nick is the keeper of all the Beach info there is to be found on the internet other than 2 cars in the archive of www.race-cars.com

Nick referred me to the owner of the largest collection of Beach cars - a sports racer, Formula Vee and Super Vee and the T11 for Formula B or Formula Ford. He thought he might have some drawings so I am hopeful.

I'll post anything I learn here.

Charles.