Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 11 Oct 2004, 22:10 (Ref:1121608)   #1
Racergal
Rookie

Northern Ireland
Omagh
Racergal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford Festival

I shall be marshaling at the f-ford fest on friday but sadly cannot do rest of weekend due to work commitments . However, I have been a regular of the saturday nights in the kentagon at the festival, and for the life of me cannot remember what time it kicks off in the kentagon for the driver interviews, etc Does anybody know when it starts so i can get along for a ?! Thanks.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 11:47 (Ref:1122051)   #2
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I can't help with that question, but have my own to add -has anyone else got tickets through yet?
Old 12 Oct 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1122074)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Not yet but they should arrive any day now
Old 12 Oct 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1122075)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I got a mail to say ours are being sent to the address we requested so assume they've been posted.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1122108)   #5
jason carter
Rookie

jason carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the Kentagon kicks off at about 7-7.30. Off the top of my head.

Last edited by jason carter; 12 Oct 2004 at 12:43.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 09:48 (Ref:1123004)   #6
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got my ticket today. I presume tickets going out late was due to "Diamond Geezer" being in "Gillingham" with sand!
Old 13 Oct 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1123212)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - he palmed it off on a very nice lady called Mildred
Old 13 Oct 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1123668)   #8
pixie
Racer

pixie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be there all weekend, working in Green !! With St John in my big White Bus, so I hope I don't see any of you (on a Professional basis)

Last edited by pixie; 13 Oct 2004 at 20:53.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 07:39 (Ref:1123967)   #9
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pixie
I shall be there all weekend, working in Green !! With St John in my big White Bus, so I hope I don't see any of you (on a Professional basis)
Aah! you're being a real Pixie then........

Old 14 Oct 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1124019)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
well see you all there - pixie, I'll wander around the ambos to see if I can find you! Tell your colleagues not to be frightened if they are approached by a small round orange female in a 10-Tenths baseball cap who's looking for pixies. I don't want to wind up in a strait jacket!
Old 14 Oct 2004, 09:46 (Ref:1124059)   #11
Paul Millard
Rookie

Paul Millard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
morning all just a quick questione. my tickets have been sent to my home address and not my uni address i have got them sent on to me but they may not get here before fri morning when i leave to get to brands for the weekend so help please. what time is sign on on friday? and any idea how i can get past the lovley security guards? as i dont want any agro if i dont have my tickets. any idea if mr palmer will change his ticketing policy for marshals as this could be a bit of a pain. thanks in advance paul
Old 14 Oct 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1124099)   #12
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul,

sign-on on Friday is 10:45 to 11:30 for 12:30 start. Entrance on Friday is through main gate only. Speak nicely to the gateman and have suitable ID and there should be no problem.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1124475)   #13
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
well see you all there - pixie, I'll wander around the ambos to see if I can find you! Tell your colleagues not to be frightened if they are approached by a small round orange female in a 10-Tenths baseball cap who's looking for pixies. I don't want to wind up in a strait jacket!
Alternatively, address in the morning briefing reports of a small round orange female escaped from the local asylum, who goes around looking for pixies
Old 14 Oct 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1124830)   #14
Racergal
Rookie

Northern Ireland
Omagh
Racergal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have since found out the drivers forum starts at 7pm so just thought I would pass on in case anyone else wonders...

So I guess see you guys then.....
Old 15 Oct 2004, 17:08 (Ref:1125417)   #15
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, so I've just got back from 4 days in Scotland to find no tickets or instructions - can anyone let me know sign on times for Saturday and Sunday?
Old 16 Oct 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1126165)   #16
pixie
Racer

pixie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr P put his Helicopter down on Clearways this afternoon and nobody cheched his tickets !!

must try that myself to see if it works for me

Last edited by pixie; 16 Oct 2004 at 20:18.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 10:12 (Ref:1126545)   #17
F1JordanUk
Racer

England
Stroud, Gloucester, UK
F1JordanUk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They had 3 red flags in the final at Castle Combe.
Watch out for low flying FFords
Old 18 Oct 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1127440)   #18
danieljboys
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldershot, Hampshire
danieljboys should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to go off on a tangeant here but I'd like to chip in with my own observations from the Festival.

As a spectator who was watching on the Paddock Hill bend dip, I have to say I was very impressed with the efficiency of the marshalls who were posted on the outside of the track, on the run upto Druids.

In the first semi-final there were two Zetecs that tagged and ended up in the gravel, one of them had overturned. The marshalls were extremely quick to respond and extracted the unfortunate driver very quickly and obviously put themselves in the line of fire for drivers coming out of Paddock Hill bend.

Despite the yellow flags waving, I didn't see much evidence of the other competitors actually making any attempt to heed the flags and back-off, yet the marshalls carried on regardless and ensured the guy in the upside-down tub was OK.

As a competitor myself, and one who has raced at the Festival a couple of times, I was dismayed to see the yellows pretty much ignored by those on track despite the presence of a handful of guys in bright-orange working in the gravel, putting the driver's welfare before their own. Granted, there was alot at stake for all the Zetec competitors but that's no excuse for potentially not responding/ignoring flag signals.

To those guys in orange, I take my hat off, I have alot of respect for them (and to all those that do it at other circuits throughout the year).

Dan
Old 18 Oct 2004, 17:35 (Ref:1127489)   #19
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree that the Driving Standards were abysmal. Post 23 had a car in the middle of the track with the driver still in it, under waved yellows another car than drove into it, on the next lap, still in the same scenario, one of the front runners overtook another car, dead level with the waveed yellow - what a muppet
Old 18 Oct 2004, 18:10 (Ref:1127522)   #20
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, if he was in front before they reached the flag isn't that what the Blue Book says is allowed? Ie. no overtaking from where a yellow flag is shown?
Old 18 Oct 2004, 18:17 (Ref:1127530)   #21
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry John, but if there was a waved yellow that he overtook just before, the previous post would have been showing a steady yellow, so he was a naughty boy wasn't he.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 18:17 (Ref:1127532)   #22
F1JordanUk
Racer

England
Stroud, Gloucester, UK
There would have been a Stationary yellow before it.

Thats probably why it was red flagged 3 times at Combe, It seems to me that a large percentage of drivers don't feel the need to slow down for Yellows, It should be an automativ black flag if speed is not reduced significanlty whilst yellows are out, Even MS set his fastest lap of the weekend at Monaco in practice when the flags were out, he should have been banned from that race
Old 18 Oct 2004, 18:19 (Ref:1127534)   #23
F1JordanUk
Racer

England
Stroud, Gloucester, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnMiller
So, if he was in front before they reached the flag isn't that what the Blue Book says is allowed? Ie. no overtaking from where a yellow flag is shown?
And as for the Blue book, Common sense would be useful sometimes!
Old 18 Oct 2004, 18:19 (Ref:1127535)   #24
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst there were incidents of flags being ignored, please let's not tar all drivers at the event with the same brush - there was some excellent clean racing in the majority (51% + !) of events, and I'm still on a high from being there and seeing it.

Last edited by QuickBrownFox; 18 Oct 2004 at 18:21.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 18:21 (Ref:1127537)   #25
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John, was there a yellow out for Waalewyn's spin by the time you got there?