Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Apr 2020, 06:24 (Ref:3973034)   #5801
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the '90s, '92 and '96 were (I think) the only seasons that didn't feature racing on consecutive weekends.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:00 (Ref:3973059)   #5802
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.btcc.net/2020/04/27/toca-...btcc-calendar/
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3973062)   #5803
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ok so now let’s hope it all goes ahead. Shame we won’t have the Silverstone race on the international circuit, that was one of the main things I was looking forward to this season, but it’s not really a surprise
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3973063)   #5804
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
So that's extra clothes over the top of the extra clothes for finals day then.

And a torch
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3973071)   #5805
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
So that's extra clothes over the top of the extra clothes for finals day then.

And a torch
Makes up for there being no Britcar "into the night" race this year
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3973073)   #5806
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm happy to see this revamped calendar, of course it'd be better to have 10 rounds, of course it's a shame that there won't be Silverstone International race but this calendar provides some hope. It still remains to be seen if this is at all possible to start in August but at least there's something we can be looking forward to and having it in a few months' time leaves chance it will be possible.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3973074)   #5807
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course, it doesn't actually mention anything about spectator attendance.

Then again, it doesn't say behind closed doors either.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3973076)   #5808
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This calendar remains provisional and subject to change in accordance with prevailing government directives or such circumstances that could render an event unviable.

It's good to see they are planning for a rapid improvement in the situation. Will things improve that quickly though? I guess the proof will be when other sports start operating.

I'm surprised people are already pushing to lift the lockdown though.
When it came into force, the deaths were only in double figures. People seem to have already forgotten the shock those deaths caused, and seem determined to rush into a second wave of infections.

As we've already been informed, social distancing may be the new normal for years, so if sport is to resume, venues must be preapared to facilitate that separation.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3973077)   #5809
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good that Thruxton is only once, that is just a sooze fest lately
Old 27 Apr 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3973078)   #5810
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be surprised if

A. That calendar happens completely.
B. Spectators get to watch trackside.
C. A full grid at every round.

It provides plenty of talking points for our mahoosive silly season.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 10:07 (Ref:3973079)   #5811
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Of course, it doesn't actually mention anything about spectator attendance.

Then again, it doesn't say behind closed doors either.
it'd actually be nice if they asked those of us who have to work on these events how we feel. even if they ignore it.

fwiw, i'd happily work at a closed doors event, or one limited to team guests. i'd be hesitant to work with the public present, simply because i can trust my teammates - you have to. can't trust the general public, particularly since vast numbers of them seem unable to respect basic distancing rules at supermarkets let alone anything else.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 10:18 (Ref:3973080)   #5812
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This calendar remains provisional and subject to change in accordance with prevailing government directives or such circumstances that could render an event unviable.

It's good to see they are planning for a rapid improvement in the situation. Will things improve that quickly though? I guess the proof will be when other sports start operating.

I'm surprised people are already pushing to lift the lockdown though.
When it came into force, the deaths were only in double figures. People seem to have already forgotten the shock those deaths caused, and seem determined to rush into a second wave of infections.

As we've already been informed, social distancing may be the new normal for years, so if sport is to resume, venues must be preapared to facilitate that separation.
If social distancing is going to apply for years Matt Neal May aswell retire now. How on earth will he overtake anyone without touching them?!...
Old 27 Apr 2020, 10:27 (Ref:3973082)   #5813
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it'd actually be nice if they asked those of us who have to work on these events how we feel. even if they ignore it.

fwiw, i'd happily work at a closed doors event, or one limited to team guests. i'd be hesitant to work with the public present, simply because i can trust my teammates - you have to. can't trust the general public, particularly since vast numbers of them seem unable to respect basic distancing rules at supermarkets let alone anything else.
Some good points there about the 'safety' of those working at the event and things I am sure that TOCA will have considered. I would imagine that they will be taking great interest in the way that any broadly similar events are run (football matches & horse racing for example) before the BTCC starts plus they will be taking advice from The Government.
Let's all accept the fact however that nothing is set in stone, it is only a provisional calendar and as they point out, may be subject to change...
Old 27 Apr 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3973083)   #5814
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Some good points there about the 'safety' of those working at the event and things I am sure that TOCA will have considered. I would imagine that they will be taking great interest in the way that any broadly similar events are run (football matches & horse racing for example) before the BTCC starts plus they will be taking advice from The Government.
Let's all accept the fact however that nothing is set in stone, it is only a provisional calendar and as they point out, may be subject to change...
the thing to watch will be testing. theoretically that should happen as soon as the government announces that specifically people who can't work from home but who work in non-essential businesses should return to work. they could still keep shops and food services closed, but allow that.

that'll give a significant indictor that we'll be starting to see events happen again. liability could potentially be a problem, but we already have a chain of... paperwork for health and safety matters so it would probably follow that same logic.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3973088)   #5815
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Interesting to see that BTCC wants to start on 1st August, yet the BGP a couple of weeks earlier is going to be behind closed doors. Didn't AG say that BTCC could not run behind closed doors?

I still think this is very provisional and a placeholder.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3973089)   #5816
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Going to be an interesting timetable at Brands Hatch for the finale, it can be dark at 3PM at that time of year!
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3973090)   #5817
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
To develop from scratch, 18 months is about right. I have a suspicion that the game in question was well into its development before the COVID situation though. How far, I'm unsure, but indications are that it is about 9-10 months into development.
They missed the boat when iRacing got messed around about 5 years ago.

The sim is ready and always evolving and most of the tracks were scanned or planned at the that time. It's only missing Knockhill, Thruxton and Croft of the current selection. Power Maxed are using it to run a TCR eSeries stating tomorrow, with various BTCC drivers including JP getting thrown in the deep end...
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3973091)   #5818
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Interesting to see that BTCC wants to start on 1st August, yet the BGP a couple of weeks earlier is going to be behind closed doors. Didn't AG say that BTCC could not run behind closed doors?

he had to say that, didn’t he?

i think when it boils down to it, if we’re not in the state of lockdown we are now, he’ll do whatever needs to happen to get it moving. that’s the attitude of other organisers and it would be short sighted and potentially looked at unfavourably if they started and he didn’t.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3973092)   #5819
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Frankly it's nonsense. I don't think they actually expect to run these events as announced either. It's just to something to show they have some sort of hypothetical plan.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3973093)   #5820
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That’s a brutal start to the calendar 4 race weekends in 5 weeks, teams are going to be working hard turning the cars around after each event, Oulton Park and knockhill back to back can’t see many teams heading back to base for that one
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3973095)   #5821
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
That’s a brutal start to the calendar 4 race weekends in 5 weeks, teams are going to be working hard turning the cars around after each event, Oulton Park and knockhill back to back can’t see many teams heading back to base for that one
At least it's a 250 mile trip, not the 450+ to somewhere like Brands or Snetterton.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:15 (Ref:3973096)   #5822
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Other than the Moffats, are there any other Scottish (or N.England) Motorsport teams who could rent out workshop space?
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:23 (Ref:3973098)   #5823
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Frankly it's nonsense. I don't think they actually expect to run these events as announced either. It's just to something to show they have some sort of hypothetical plan.
Agreed. It's very much a case of IF the government allow it then this is our plan. If the government relax restrictions and allow it to happen is another question entirely.

No harm in being prepared and having some sort of plan, don't expect it to be the final version.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:33 (Ref:3973100)   #5824
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Going to be an interesting timetable at Brands Hatch for the finale, it can be dark at 3PM at that time of year!
Sunset on the originally scheduled date of 11th Oct will be 18:12
Sunset on the new date of 15th Nov will be 16:09

Similar issue with the new Snetterton date (25th Oct) - sunset at 16:39
Old 27 Apr 2020, 11:54 (Ref:3973103)   #5825
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this calendar has been sent out so other organisations have a chance to book their dates with circuits.

It is all highly provisional but at least it allows others a chance to plan